I Called In Sick Today

Makes sense, same company.

Ultimately, it's frozen, but they put it in the cooler and it's the same as it is in the grocery store

I guess it's just bigger packages. Umm, yeah, bigger packages. I get skinless boneless breasts and thighs. Thighs are so much more flavorful but I still like breasts. I also get pork tenderloins.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Finally got an A/C guy out here just before 4:00 pm. Of course the house was up to 94 degrees inside by then but it only took him 10 minutes to diagnose and fix the issue (a bad solenoid) Poor A/C has been running ever since trying to cool the house down and it's still 78 in here but, damn, it would have been a miserable night if it hadn't gotten fixed until tomorrow.

And LOL at those that bemoan the evil corporations and the way they take advantage of their employees and then support them by shopping there.

I love my Sam's membership. Easily pays for itself in just gas discounts. I would never have a buy a single thing in the store all year, and I would still come out ahead.

If the employees wouldn't agree to accept the job for the pay offered, they would have to pay more. So I'm totally cool with shopping there.

• Like 1

Tilty, side swiping me. Nice. Sam's gets less than half of my food dollars. But until I become financially comfortable, I need to cut corners where I can. $3 a lb price difference for chicken is something that is hard to pass up. But you make a fair point of my using Sam's vs disliking Walmart

Brvy, I disagree. People,that need money to survive will take anything they can get, at some point.

"Florence + The Machine: Unplugged" is just what I need to get my week started right.

The checkout girl at Walmart yesterday was by far the most attractive person I've ever seem working at Walmart. I spent my whole drive home thinking about how I should have talked to her more than the standard fare.

Because she's likely poor and needy and you and your swollen salary could show her the good life? I agree

I rarely, if ever, go into a Walmart. Too scummy and too much hassle

Precisely.

I try to limit my trips, but I had to return some golf spikes I bought that didn't fit my shoe and did some shopping while I was there. Mainly because there's two grocery stores and a Target (and the internet) closer to me. If it was the closest thing to me, I would go a lot more. I'm lazy above all else.

But it's the in the real nice part of town, so the clientele are usually a little less trashy than your standard walmart patron.

need rent/landlord advice: the girlfriend recently moved out of the place she was renting (two bedroom house, one roommate already there), breaking her yearlong lease. the landlords said it would be ok if another tenant moved in to replace her. the existing roommate listed an ad and found a guy super quick, and we moved her out over last weekend (they wouldn't even let her leave a bed in the basement so we could get it later, everything had to be out that day). now more than a week later they're telling her that they won't refund her security deposit until the new guy signs a lease. how is it her reaponsibility to make him sign a lease? she moved out and he moved in. shouldn't the landlords be the one to make him sign?

I don't know about bumfuck, nowhere, but in real cities, damage deposits cannot be held for rent, and if your gf took this to as tenancy board or court, she'd win in a heartbeat. You probably don't want to do that, though, because the courts may frown on such a young girl not living at home with her parents.

• Like 1

because the courts may frown on such a young girl not living at home with her parents.

True story

(25% of all stories I start off with "true story" are actually lies ranging from 'partially true' to 'completely fabrication')

I was once in bond court, pretty slow for a weeknight. Two girls in front of me before its my turn.

One is a white girl there on a heroin charge. The judge goes into a 10 minute tirade about the horrors of heroin, how he sees it every day, how it ruins lives, proceeds to walk her on a signature bond (basically released on recognizance)

Next up, black girl, early 20s, four kids, arrested for having a bit over an ounce of pot in a big zip log, not dimed out, personal use. The judge said nothing, $10K bond which may as well been $1,000,000. She was immediately remanded.

My turn, heroin possession. I had a major violent prior and other arrests, No lecture for me, just like the black girl, the judge said nothing then walked me on a sig bond (and a court order to seek substance abuse counselling)

It was completely surreal.

• Like 1

yes she's living with me now.

she has an email from the landlord saying that a new tenant was moving in and that she had to have her stuff out by the end of the day. how can they hold her money if they found a replacement, allowed him to move in, and made her leave?

Tilty, side swiping me. Nice. Sam's gets less than half of my food dollars. But until I become financially comfortable, I need to cut corners where I can. $3 a lb price difference for chicken is something that is hard to pass up. But you make a fair point of my using Sam's vs disliking Walmart

Brvy, I disagree. People,that need money to survive will take anything they can get, at some point.

Eh, mostly I was just busting your balls for fun. You shopping there or not doesn't/won't change anything.

need rent/landlord advice: the girlfriend recently moved out of the place she was renting (two bedroom house, one roommate already there), breaking her yearlong lease. the landlords said it would be ok if another tenant moved in to replace her. the existing roommate listed an ad and found a guy super quick, and we moved her out over last weekend (they wouldn't even let her leave a bed in the basement so we could get it later, everything had to be out that day). now more than a week later they're telling her that they won't refund her security deposit until the new guy signs a lease. how is it her reaponsibility to make him sign a lease? she moved out and he moved in. shouldn't the landlords be the one to make him sign?

She's responsible for filling the lease--I think that includes covering the security deposit.

Is she living with you now?

This was basically my thought. They are keeping her as a responsible party on the lease until her responsibility is replaced by the new roommate. What I don't understand is why the landlord didn't have the new guy sign before he moved in.

And congrats on the wedding, Napa's schedule was getting a little lite.

well napa you're gonna be my best man so start making plans.

I will be accepting pre engagement gifts now frome everyone thank you.

Which home improvement store will you be registering at?