I Called In Sick Today

David Stern has to slap Cuban on the wrist sometimes because he gets out of hand, but Cuban turned around a lousy franchise and makes people talk about the NBA and the Mavericks value has gone way, way up. I bet Stern wishes he had more owners like Cuban than ones like the guy who took Charlotte to New Orleans or Paul Allen who is worth billions and complains that he can't afford to keep the team.
I don't think Simmons percieves Stern's problem with Cuban as not liking him, but rather not liking his tactics when dealing with the league. Cuban is so much more public than other owners and has repeatedly accused the league of certain things that he would rather not have to deal with publicly.I think Cuban is sort of the Al Davis of the NBA, but slightly less toxic. Stern would much rather have owners like Mara or Rooney over a guy like Davis who drives interest. (Sorry for the crossover reference)
I agree.And if you want to check the Shirley chat, there may or may not be a strange "question" from me.
Nice work.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I don't think Simmons percieves Stern's problem with Cuban as not liking him, but rather not liking his tactics when dealing with the league. Cuban is so much more public than other owners and has repeatedly accused the league of certain things that he would rather not have to deal with publicly.I think Cuban is sort of the Al Davis of the NBA, but slightly less toxic. Stern would much rather have owners like Mara or Rooney over a guy like Davis who drives interest. (Sorry for the crossover reference)
Mark Cuban is a very public figure, but I wouldn't put him in the Al Davis category. Al Davis is all about the Raiders and his own gains; Mark Cuban wants the whole league to prosper because he understands the better the league does, the better off he is. Al Davis has sued the NFL; I don't think Cuban would do that.
Mark Cuban is a very public figure, but I wouldn't put him in the Al Davis category. Al Davis is all about the Raiders and his own gains; Mark Cuban wants the whole league to prosper because he understands the better the league does, the better off he is. Al Davis has sued the NFL; I don't think Cuban would do that.
I won't refute any of this, but I will say that Cuban goes about improving the league in a very public and self-centered measure (if you don't think he is incredibly narcissictic, count the number of crowd shots he gets in in the next game in Dallas) whereas there are other owners that are attempting to do the same thing but in a more private and reserved way.
I must have been absent the day we agreed on this code. Now I have hundreds of pages to wade through to find hidden messages. Damn you.
You mean you haven't been leaving me dirty messages in your posts? I feel like Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind (or the guy he was portraying, but I'm not going to look that up).
:genuine laughing face:I'd have to go with the horse though. So damn smug.
Horse? C'mon Turd, it's obviously Eskimos, what, with their hundreds of different words for snow. JERKS! Pick a word a stick with it you smug assholes.
I must have been absent the day we agreed on this code. Now I have hundreds of pages to wade through to find hidden messages. Damn you.
Lori, I was just beating off to staring at your pic some more. What is the other tattoo of?
Horse? C'mon Turd, it's obviously Eskimos, what, with their hundreds of different words for snow. JERKS! Pick a word a stick with it you smug assholes.
They may have a lot of words for snow, but I don't see them sporting those fancy tails. And don't forget about those hooves. Pfffft. What other animal needs shoes?

Catch up time.

Alright, now that Turd is here, time for some stories about poop.Swedish Kids are Funny About Crapping, Story 1My brother has a swedish kid on his swim team who relayed him this story.
That is a disturbing story, sufficiently disturbing that believe the whole thing. Except for the bolded part.
Thanks all, just be prepared for 15 months of me bitching about wedding plans. We've already been to 6 different country clubs and venues looking for a reception place, with about 12 more this week. Patience isn't one of Adam's virtues, unfortunately. I have a tolerance level of about 2 hours max for menus, tablecloths, chair covers, etc, etc. etfuckingcetera. I'm lending serious thought to bringing my flask with me on these trips.
And it just gets crazier from there. Wait until you patiently wade through all the registering stuff, and then find out she is going to delete it all and start over because she can't find a tea cosy that matches the bedskirt.
What's up Erik? I'll let MJ know you're willing to throw it in her. I'm sure she'll be pleased.
Not much, Caleb. Anything new and exciting in your world? How's things with my wanking material your girl?You still play Stud quite a bit on Stars? 10/20, right?And her name's MJ? WTF? Cancel that request. Cripes. Besides, I think she may be taking me a bit too seriously.
Not much, Caleb. Anything new and exciting in your world? How's things with my wanking material your girl?You still play Stud quite a bit on Stars? 10/20, right?And her name's MJ? WTF? Cancel that request. Cripes. Besides, I think she may be taking me a bit too seriously.
Not a whole lot going on with me. I haven't played online seriously in a while. I took all my money out because I wasn't concentrating while I played. I'm thinking of redepositing though just to mix things up and take a break from live play. I used to play the $5-$10 Stud games a lot. Occasionally, I would take a shot at the $10-$20. The lady friend is doing ok, but things aren't going very smoothly between us. I'll let you know if she becomes available. That's not her real name, but that's what she goes by.
That's not her real name, but that's what she goes by.
I'm still annoyed you won't tell us the fake name you created for her. The ruse continues.Everyone like the new sig?
Catch up time.That is a disturbing story, sufficiently disturbing that believe the whole thing. Except for the bolded part. And it just gets crazier from there. Wait until you patiently wade through all the registering stuff, and then find out she is going to delete it all and start over because she can't find a tea cosy that matches the bedskirt.
This is the best advice I can give to anyone on any topic. Stay out of it. Go to some things, agree with whatever she says (especially registering) and after a while, this: "We really have the same taste in most of this stuff honey, why don't you do this since it's more your thing. I trust you." If you're worried you won't get crap you want, register yourself at home depot and have her add it to the list of places you're registered. Either that or take the extra cash you get and buy your own grill, etc. I cannot stress this enough. "That's not really my area" is the best phrase ever, plus she loves to hear that you trust her with decisions she considers important (although they really don't mean crap).
I need to piss off the wife. Now taking ideas,
SIIHPWTQ.
I laughed. It's the WTQ part that will piss her off. If you do it WTS, then she'll get hot...
He said, "I will gladly give you $5k right now for the Dodge Caravan.
I will gladly pay you Wednesday for a hamburger today.
Swedes are funny about crapping, story 2
Might as well stop with 'friend of my brother' charade...
This is the best advice I can give to anyone on any topic. Stay out of it.
I was involved in almost all the planning. The only thing I wasn't involved in was her dress, hair, makeup. I never saw it as a chore or anything though.
And it just gets crazier from there. Wait until you patiently wade through all the registering stuff, and then find out she is going to delete it all and start over because she can't find a tea cosy that matches the bedskirt.
"That's not really my area" is the best phrase ever, plus she loves to hear that you trust her with decisions she considers important (although they really don't mean crap).
That's pretty much what I'm doing, and I doubt we'll really go nuts registering anyway. She owns a house and I own a house, and we've both been away from our parents for a combined 15 years or so (I'm 29, she turns 29 at the end of the month), so we already have a ton of stuff that will have to be sorted anyway. No real reason to add to the "stuff" count, we'd rather just get money as gifts to help offset the wedding/honeymoon expenses. Besides, any good ghey knows that if there's a bedskirt you love, someone makes a matching tea cozy.