I Called In Sick Today

Weekend plans?

I have a four year olds birthday party Saturday morning. I've been advised by a mother friend to give a switch and go Dino car. I'm open to other suggestions. The 4 year old has a 3 year old brother, so whatever I give will be destroyed and/or used as a weapon.

In the afternoon I'm getting my headshot taken. The art installation is moving forward, and they've requested a photo and bio.

Sunday, chores, including résumé to me get that next gig.

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Taking it easy tonight. Probably just stay in and watch OitNB.

My brothers bachelor party tomorrow. Meeting at his place around noon to grill/shoot guns/drink beer and then we got a party bus coming to pick us up.

Sunday...recovery. Chores around the house. Bought some new power tools and I want to put them to use so I might build something.

The photo requested did not say headshot. They did request a photo of me, from waist or shoulders, against a white background.

No, I'm not paying. I have a friend who is trying to be a photographer. She's my hottest friend, and it seems to me LA is filled with really good looking women who want to be photographers.

haven't turned down the job yet. kind of nervous to. also overheard my boss talking this morning about hoping she'll ge the additional head for my promotion so maybe it's not completely dead. who knows.

Getting caught up on stuff. Gonna try and get some golf in. slept through my tee time last Sunday because of moving/being drugged up. My bro in law made an 820 am tee time knowing I had a bunch of shit going on. That's wayyyy too early to go golfing for me.

I want my next job to pay $70-80k.

I decided this last night at an excellent dinner with a good friend. I think more than $80k (in nonprofit at least) starts to bring diminishing returns, when viewed in the salary to workplace misery to personal life/self loathing equations.

Hmmm, I must really not understand what you do. Why would earning more money be worse for you?

More money, more problems. Bigger goals, bigger expectations, more pressure, less happy and more obsessing while not working.

• Like 1

PSA: I know more than a couple of you have given up on perusing sex with humans. I used to look down on this. But I've just learned that the technology has gotten to the point where it's actually me who has been wasting his life, pretending to care about things, think things and feel things, just to have standard old cannabutter butt sex like everyone else.

Yesterday, I bought the Flip Hole by Tenga. It's like a fleshlight, but a much better design, practically.

When I was single, I once fvcked a rolled up towel with a lubricated latex glove inside and with the cuff wrapped around the edge. At the time, I considered it the best orgasm I'd ever had, but I still had a loser's shame back then, and disassembled it forever shortly after the first and only run.

This thing is a whole new ball game. Even just the texture and shapes* inside make this dozens of times better than what was once the best orgasm ever had by a particular sex addict in his late 20s, but there are additionally controls for suction and tightness (more than one spot, too). It's mind blow.

Unlike the name brand Fleshlight, it unfolds along its length for ideal cleaning, and can be washed with soap. Plus, I'm told that if you are banging a name brand Fleshlight with it pointed up at more than like a 30 degree angle from the horizontal, it will drip a bit of lube, while the Flip Hole didn't drip a drop.

If it's important to you to get "balls deep," this probably isn't viable, but when you bottom out, you hit the inside of this really cushy ball that feels better than anything else I can think of.

I'm now reconsidering my entire position on affection, love, and interpersonal relationships in general.

*there are four color coded options for what the inside feels like. I chose black, which unintuitively is the tightest and most intense. I guess it simulates what it would be like to be black rather than being designed for black people, which is a bit racist.

41L7Wq7aDEL._SX450_.jpg

$_12.JPG

ldtDKPb.jpg

• Like 1

Weekend plans?

I have a four year olds birthday party Saturday morning. I've been advised by a mother friend to give a switch and go Dino car. I'm open to other suggestions.

See above.

• Like 3

Way over is the easy bet.

This is a hustle. As soon as I make the bet, you start talking to people/trying, and the equity moves closer to like an O/U of 6 weeks. That's why I just put that Fleshlight in play.

Yeah, it's actually noisy as hell, because of all the suction. If you hold down the button that releases the suction, it still feels nuts, but is much, much quieter.

• Like 1

I forget, are we rooting for her to take the job or not take it?

Also, another point on the Fleshlight: I don't know how you tend to masturbate and what kind of grip tightness you like, but the black might be too intense for a lot of people. I got a brief rundown on the different options from a gay guy in a leather shop, the red one is the next most intense, then the Silver, then the white. But there is also a bunch of stuff about firmness and tightness that I don't remember off the top of my head, so research should be conducted before purchase. Personally, I plan to buy the other 3 options at some point, just for variety.

• Like 1

haven't turned down the job yet. kind of nervous to. also overheard my boss talking this morning about hoping she'll ge the additional head for my promotion so maybe it's not completely dead. who knows.

Who does she get head from if you get the promotion? You, I assume? Maybe another factor in deciding on the lumberjack job.

What's the tipping point for salary and diminishing joy?

You want to make as much as you can, but don't want to make so much that you're on the front line of shitattacks...

I think $70-80 might be my price. This is after good food (salad with pistachios and grapefruit, baby octopus with white beans, and potato gnocchi with oxtail, and wine). New job: small to mid size, getting things done, $70-80, in a decent sized city. Perfect!

incorrect. from what i've seen, the higher you got the less accountable you really are.

I want my next job to pay $70-80k.

I decided this last night at an excellent dinner with a good friend. I think more than $80k (in nonprofit at least) starts to bring diminishing returns, when viewed in the salary to workplace misery to personal life/self loathing equations.

isn't 70-80k in L.A. like 35k in the midwest?

edit

55k in IOWA!

• Like 1