I Called In Sick Today

Tilt, thank you for the prayers.

I flew in yesterday, and got here just fine. I will need continued well wishes for the AirBnB I got. It's a basement apartment with a cheapish lock. The neighborhood is good, so I only need a modicum of luck to last until Wednesday afternoon.

Sklansky, I'm picturing you running past a Babies R Us, and cruising into the upscale baby boutique to check your ass.

I had actually found a McDonald's on my iPhone, and was planning to make my emergency landing there. But I had to put her down in the river.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

The BBQ is just about hot. Going to grill up some Carne Asada that's been marinating in lime juice, garlic, olive oil, cilantro, cumin, chili powder and cayene most of the day. Home made pico de gallo, warm tortilla's and some sliced avocado makes one hell of a taco.

• Like 2

FTK, are you meeting up with your bangbro?

Yes, I did. I'm not sure if I'll see him again this trip. He's in school and has finals. (He's a returning student and is three years younger than me.)

Trip report thus far: flew in last night, entertained my gentleman caller. Did not get killed in acceptable apartment with unacceptable lock. I really appreciate the nice shower in the unit. My home shower is terrible with severe water pressure issues.

After breakfast, I got down to Ogilvie train station, went to Barrington, and met up with my breast cancer friend. I lost her in the divorce--after two years she reached out to me, and that's how I found out she's sick. She's had the operation, chemo, and has about 7 weeks left of radiation. She's under 40, has two kids under five, a husband, house, job, etc.

She's young and healthy, and will in all likelihood be fine. Her cancer was caught early, she has great insurance and family. But she's bald--chemo, radiation, etc. she's one of the big reasons I came out now. I love science, and want to believe she and her husband--they make it sound like it's a slam dunk. So, I don't fear for her, but I did book a plane, and get on a train to the suburbs to see her face. I'm really happy I did.

After I got back, I walked all the way up LaSalle to Clark and Diversey, and caught Grand Budapest Hotel. I'm hoping I sleep tonight. Maybe museums tomorrow? I have dinner with the Adler Planetarium brides tomorrow night.

• Like 1

if i purchase an iPhone 5s on ebay, can i just take that into the sprint store and they will activate it for me. no questions asked?

I've gone in with gifted phones. They always register the serial number, but can't say a lot about not having been an official vendor. This is with AT&T.

Yes, I did. I'm not sure if I'll see him again this trip. He's in school and has finals. (He's a returning student and is three years younger than me.)

My home shower is terrible with severe water pressure issues.

Nice start to the trip.

The house we're renting had horrid water pressure in the shower too. Maybe a So Cal thing? Anyway, I removed the shower head and there was a black plastic/rubber washer looking thing in the pipe. This is a water restrictor. Pop it out, put the shower head back on and viola! good water pressure.

my friend's place in north hollywood had terrible water pressure.

part of me still kind of wants to live in london for a bit.

riot never got back to me on my application. my friend tells me the guy he knows in fraud is not responding to emails.

I was pretty angry on friday, and not for any particular reason, other than self-loathing I guess. spent the whole day trying really hard not to talk to anyone. bailed at 5pm, turned off my phone, didn't really leave my room until sunday a.m.

I wanted to apply to things this weekend, then remembered how places offering <40 were turning me down pre-this.

I just have this huge ego that won't stop baiting me into making the worst of every situation. it's just, what's the basis?

guys, if you're not watching cosmos, you're missing out, bigtime.

my friend's place in north hollywood had terrible water pressure.

part of me still kind of wants to live in london for a bit.

riot never got back to me on my application. my friend tells me the guy he knows in fraud is not responding to emails.

I was pretty angry on friday, and not for any particular reason, other than self-loathing I guess. spent the whole day trying really hard not to talk to anyone. bailed at 5pm, turned off my phone, didn't really leave my room until sunday a.m.

I wanted to apply to things this weekend, then remembered how places offering <40 were turning me down pre-this.

I just have this huge ego that won't stop baiting me into making the worst of every situation. it's just, what's the basis?

guys, if you're not watching cosmos, you're missing out, bigtime.

I will say after being away for a while it's comforting to know some things never change.

And yeah, Cosmos rocks.

I get a new phone at the end of the month. I have a droid and hate it. It is so slow I only use it other than a phone rarely. So iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy thing. I know nothing about them other than people saying I should get one or the other. By people I mean TV commercials.

I want ask for directions by audio like Peyton does and fall in love with it like that guy in the movie. Really, that's my only requirments.

7:05 am flight to Chicago this morning. Only good thing is I got the company to let me fly out of the airport that's 15 minutes away from my house rather than having to drive all the way out to LAX. Flights are cheaper out of LAX but it's a solid hour to hour and a half drive from where I live. Not looking forward to 5 3/4 hours cooped up in a plane though.

Looking forward to not meeting up Frau.

7:05 am flight to Chicago this morning. Only good thing is I got the company to let me fly out of the airport that's 15 minutes away from my house rather than having to drive all the way out to LAX. Flights are cheaper out of LAX but it's a solid hour to hour and a half drive from where I live. Not looking forward to 5 3/4 hours cooped up in a plane though.

Looking forward to not meeting up Frau.

Ontario? And yes! It will be nice staying anonymous in a new city with you.

Please submit trip reports as you are able. I hope you are able to break free and see some of the city--even walking down to Miliennium Park should be nice.

• Like 1

I wish there was a website where you could plus in your airport and then it would tell you all the flights leaving in the next two days and their prices. So I could decide on a Thursday I want to go away and the site would tell me "you can fly to Charleston, SC for $150. Take it or leave it".

I went grocery shopping yesterday and awe strawberries were like $3.69/lb. is that a lot? I didn't buy any because I didn't think I could eat them all before they go bad. Especially cause I like to mix them with some other fruits and, well, that's a lot if fruit to waste. I don't like wasting food.

Ontario? And yes! It will be nice staying anonymous in a new city with you.

Please submit trip reports as you are able. I hope you are able to break free and see some of the city--even walking down to Miliennium Park should be nice.

• Like 1

Yes, Ontario. 20 minutes from driveway to checked in.

I will have some fee time the next couple of evenings but we have an organized dinner thing in Wednesday over on S Wacker somewhere.

Thought I was on a direct flight. It's direct only in the sense that we are stopping in San Jose on the way.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and awe strawberries were like $3.69/lb. is that a lot? I didn't buy any because I didn't think I could eat them all before they go bad. Especially cause I like to mix them with some other fruits and, well, that's a lot if fruit to waste. I don't like wasting food.

Yes. A good price is $2/pound.

Trip report thus far: flew in last night, entertained my gentleman caller. Did not get killed in acceptable apartment with unacceptable lock. I really appreciate the nice shower in the unit. My home shower is terrible with severe water pressure issues.

After breakfast, I got down to Ogilvie train station, went to Barrington, and met up with my breast cancer friend. I lost her in the divorce--after two years she reached out to me, and that's how I found out she's sick. She's had the operation, chemo, and has about 7 weeks left of radiation. She's under 40, has two kids under five, a husband, house, job, etc.

She's young and healthy, and will in all likelihood be fine. Her cancer was caught early, she has great insurance and family. But she's bald--chemo, radiation, etc. she's one of the big reasons I came out now. I love science, and want to believe she and her husband--they make it sound like it's a slam dunk. So, I don't fear for her, but I did book a plane, and get on a train to the suburbs to see her face. I'm really happy I did.

After I got back, I walked all the way up LaSalle to Clark and Diversey, and caught Grand Budapest Hotel. I'm hoping I sleep tonight. Maybe museums tomorrow? I have dinner with the Adler Planetarium brides tomorrow night.

You had nothing to worry about with the lock. All of Chicago's violence is black on black crime south of White Sox stadium.

This post made me happy and sad. I go to Ogilvie all the time.

In San Jose getting treat to depart for midway in Chicago. Weee!