I Called In Sick Today

I'm on my cell phone waiting for my barber to pick up the phone when I am next in the drive through. I asked the order taker for a sec and booked the appointment with him in under 15 seconds.

so anyway, I say, "really sorry about that" before I start my order. I get 20 nuggets and ask for hot mustard. she puts BBQ on the order and insta-enters it into the system so it is removed from the display screen. I pay with a card, so they hand me a receipt with my card, and obviously it has BBQ printed on it, and I look up from it to see her wondering if I'm going to get mad.

anyway, I say nothing and have the girl at the other window swap hot mustard for BBQ. I could have called the order taker out pretty easily (if you're gonna do that, do honey mustard so you can deny it) but at the end of the day I was sort of being a dick for being on the phone, even if it was less than a 30 second wait. having worked that job, I know how irritating that shit is.

I never tried to retaliate like that, though. and again, my retaliation would have been risk-free.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

and also, if I had made a fit, the person who pays for it is the manager, and if it's not some hugely wrong thing the employee said/did, the manager is going to profusely apologize and then side with the employee the second the window is closed.

that was like, almost exactly three years ago, me standing in that window. look how not very far I've come.

• Like 1

Napa, you are learning the law of relativity. The more you make, the more you spend. As long as the bills are paid, you're not missing meals and, hopefully, there's a little left over to save for a rainy day it's all good. Plus, you have student loans and help your family out no? Those are good things.

How does it work when you're on the road? I know it can be expensive as hell. Does the company give you a per diem or do you have to spend the money then turn in expense reports? If it's the latter it probably feels like you're spending a lot of money on food and drinks but you get the money back so it's all good. My last company gave us a company credit card so when I was on the road it didn't cost me a dime out of pocket which was nice.

I respect James Harrison so much more after watching hardknocks. That dude is an absolute beast. I can't believe he was doing pullups with freeweights strapped to his belt. Incredible strength.

I respect James Harrison so much more after watching hardknocks. That dude is an absolute beast. I can't believe he was doing pullups with freeweights strapped to his belt. Incredible strength.

i see that every day at the gym.

In the MIRROR! Right SA?!

New muscles? I thought you just rode the bike?

EDIT: Hey Ron, I ripped on Suited in the Nebraska football thread. Thought you might want to know. wink.

Came home Friday, ac was broken. Awesome start to a 3 day weekend. Warranty will cover it but they won't do after hour service. After staying out of the house till midnight or so last night, and from 10-5pm today. We came home, it was a shit show, went and bought a portable ac Decent now. Need to get that shit fixed though. I live in effing FL

I got nothing else

I find it odd that someone would earn your respect based on their physical strength, but I will keep my mouth shut because he has earned mine just by being an unapproachable **** and being uncomfortable to be around in general.

I find it odd that someone would earn your respect based on their physical strength, but I will keep my mouth shut because he has earned mine just by being an unapproachable **** and being uncomfortable to be around in general.

To be fair to me, I didn't specify that it was his strength that earned my respect. I respect him more because he is funny, tough, and scary. His incredible strength is another aspect that is interesting.

To be fair to me, I didn't specify that it was his strength that earned my respect. I respect him more because he is funny, tough, and scary. He's incredible strength is another aspect that is interesting.

I find it unusually, not bad. I too often respect people for being dangerous negroes. That's why I have a Justice for Trevon bumper sticker.

Day 3 Trip Report:

Woke up and had the chicken n rice special at Cracker Barrel. Yum. Had a pretty crappy table all day but ran great in flips. Had 20k and doubled plus with AK > AQ > JJ aipf. Won 99 > AK to bust an old lady. Won a 100k pot with QQ > AK wherei turned queens full and needed it bc he rivered a rub it in Ace.

Was cruising with 185k deep into day one then went card dead. Had one hilarious spot where I 3-bet QQ near the bubble and had to fold to a cold 4-bet shove. Nice guy though, he showed me the aces.

Have 84,500 going into day 2 already in the money. Avg is 200k so ill have to double fast but I feel lucky.

Tourney poker really is about winning those flips. His AK beat JJ and his 99 beat that same AK. Weird. On the right side of both of those reallllly helps.

-Captain Obvious

Also, Strat, if I sweat and was miserable for half the day, I'll post about it dammit. Not to mention that this happened <3 years ago to us, so My story was first. Suck on that buddy boy

Window ac working well so far