I Called In Sick Today

I won't give any advice because no one listens to me anyways. Probably because I don't know what I'm talking about.

I like when a poop gives you a little knock at the back door that says I'll be back in five and this door needs to be open. No fuss just a nice warning and some time to prepare and then you drop the kid off at the pool and go about your day.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

why not just talk to the person he's trying to steal and say, hey, I recognize how good you are and what you do for us. I give you credit when it is due, I stick up for you when I think you acted as I would have, and I am very straightforward with you in every one of our interactions. not every manager is alike.

like, you don't need to trash the other DM directly, his reputation already sucks, and this person should know that. I think it's more about getting this person to stay with you so they are happier and more productive for the company. managers like that guy drive people away--a loss for the whole team.

a 1:1 with that person is probably all you can/should do. it can have an impression on the underling for sure. I am an arrogant POS and was expecting what happened for me to happen since day 1, but your average person is blown away when an important person takes the time to meet with them and says nice things about their work.

Who has big weekend plans? I'm going to watch the new gosling movie on demand at some point. Real excited for that.

I do.

The fam and I are watching Ferris Bueller tonight. Then tomorrow morning taking the L into the city, and going to all the places they go in the movie. We're going to the Sky deck in the Sears Tower (**** you Willis), then going to the Art Museum holding hands, then grant park and the bean. Get a hot dog and see Wrigley on the way home.

Sunday, going back, since the train is free on the weekend once you buy a ticket. Sunday we will explore the river walk, go to Navy Pier and my oldest daughter is going to take an art class with the nanny in the afternoon. Coming back late afternoon.

At 6pm on Sunday we are having our bonfire/cookout. So far about 100 RSVP'd yes. (Including kids)

oh, also, if he wants to steal this person with stuff he can legitimately offer, I don't see what's wrong there. yes it is worse for the underling and you and the company but it's their call and intenal competition is VERY important IMO. I would never get promoted if there weren't the threat of another group insta-stealing me looming over my VP's head.

No plans. Roommate is gone all weekend. Maybe ill try to bang old work chick. Probably not though. Don't need anymore rejection. Probably just do what I always do on Fridays. Get some smokes, put on a tanktop, make myself a drink, fire up a podcast and just chill on my "patio".

Btw, HW girl texted me at like 4:30 saying she looked at the wrong points and was totally boned. Even though I was up I just ignored it. I should have said ill do it right now for nudes. Stupid stupid napa. Stupid. Have I learned nothing??

I got three families of five coming down from Montreal to see the wife's family. First of them are supposed to arrive tonight sometime. Other eight people are supposed to be here Sunday. Not sure what I'm doing, but I assume I'll be leading a charge to Boston or Plymouth or the Cape at multiple points over the next week. They're all good people, but I hate hosting or chaffeuring or anything that involves me trying to sell a good time doing things I don't really like doing. But they took us out a couple times when we were up there, so I reasonably have to do reciprocate in some way. Also trying to talk my wife out of hosting a dinner while they're here. This house can't comfortably seat/feed 12 people, let alone 20. Plus there will be six children ranging from 1-10ish as part of this group. Should be something!

napa, I would like to see you try to hang out with this girl again if it is feasible some night. I don't know the circumstances so I'm not going to get after you about it, but suffice it to say that if it is humanly possible for you guys to hang out, and you do not text her to feel out the possibility, you are bad and should feel bad.

I'm a honey wheat man. It's almost definitely as unhealthy as white, but way more delicious. I did go through a "most-grains possible" phase, but only about half of those were any good.

I have a turkey, ham and cheese sammich 80% of the time for lunch.

I made it from parking lot-to-driveway in 3 and a half minutes yesterday, never exceeding the speed limit by more than 5 mph.