• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

this ******* keeps coming in at 6am to stake his claim on the easiest, most plentiful work. he will even take credit for things people in India do. he then screws around in the middle and latter part of the day, because who cares, it looks like he's middle of the pack in terms of effort. so he does less work than anyone and snags two hours of OT in the process, per day. this is the same guy that was complaining to me about not getting promoted.

anyway, I had some ideas about how a manager could eliminate his bullshit scheme, and I took them to her tonight. I didn't mention his name or anything, but I was like, "Yeah, we could definitely keep people from being focused on things India has knocked out if we ran a script at the start of each day to flag those items, etc."

I'm not even in the same group as him. I just saw him gaming the system and realized how much I would despise him if I were sharing a task list with him.

Why you so worried about someone else, their work and their hours? Is he taking money out of your pocket? Kind of a butch move.

Going to dinner with that girl tonight. First official date in over a year. How much are you supposed to talk about yourself? A lot, right?

irrelevant. the key is, at some point, to simply take. it. out.

Just think, loog, this could be the start of a beautiful three to five year journey that ends with you inside her. Wonderful!

I normally always wear a white tee under my dress shirt. I didn't today and I'm liking how crazy it feels. I'm way out there people.

visible nipples?

"normally always" heh

I really always wear a white tee under dress shirts. Where I work now we can wear dress or polo shirts. I even wear a tee under polo shirts sometimes just to prevent arm pit sweat showing. Because I hate that.

about the only time i don't wear a white tee is certain t-shirts. other than than i gotta or its pit, stainsylvania.

i've been on a bad run with technology/mechanical stuff lately. check engine light a couple weeks ago, phone intermittently shutting down for no damned reason, yesterday a/c went kaplooie and started pushing warm air, this morning switch for overhead kitchen light shot craps. thank god this was all in the rental. hopefully i'm getting all the bad juju out now before i close.

question about offest: so it will pull a specfic character string out of a cell containing more than that string?

actually i don't care, just trying to hang at the cool kids' table.

ronny where you been all my life? whats going on big daddy?

Nada man, nada. Putting the phone away at work. No more posting from work for a while.

Standard weekend. Did a bunch around the house, drank too much Captain on Sunday. Nothing else too crazy. Standard bs

Yourself?

the usual. although at work i'm doing my first return, solo that is. my PTIN on this one baby. if they get audited its on me. all the pressure, all the glory. TIME TO SHINE.

• Like 1

because it's flagrantly lazy and at the expense of my cubemate?

Why do you care if someone else is lazy? It isnt costing you money.

Rat out the wrong guy and get him fired. Mess up someone else's life/money for petty reasons. Not cool man. Be prepared to fight

I'm just saying, its probably best not to stick you nose where it doesnt belong when it doesnt involve you. Thats how shit goes terribly wrong imo

• Like 1

I don't understand.

Actually, I think you could understand it pretty well. She drank too much to drive home, so she spent the night. But there was no vaginal penetration, because...well...we're saving that, I guess. Anyhow, she's awesome and the date went well. I'm venturing into Happy Shake territory.

I'm just saying, its probably best not to stick you nose where it doesnt belong when it doesnt involve you. Thats how shit goes terribly wrong imo

no names were named. no one's getting fired. this guy is being an ******* to his teammates and the loophole can be closed. seems entirely reasonable.

if you had a coworker who was coming in early to grab all the good leads and leave you with the weak ones, would you take action?

Funyet making an early run at next week's #1.

Ron, I don't think what IE is doing is solely sabotaging one guy. I mean, yeah, that's happening, but in the macro sense he's making the company more efficient, which is a good thing.

I think. I don't really remember what he did.

SOME people may be unintentionally doing research on things India has already fixed. THIS guy is intentionally seeking out their work to take credit for it. I proposed a way to flag stuff they have already handled in the group file, before it goes out.

on its face, it's helping to avoid duplication of effort. in reality, it's just marking items as done by India (as they actually were) instead of done by lazy POS.

Actually, I think you could understand it pretty well. She drank too much to drive home, so she spent the night. But there was no vaginal penetration, because...well...we're saving that, I guess. Anyhow, she's awesome and the date went well. I'm venturing into Happy Shake territory.

Oh I see. Yes now we're speaking my language. I assume you slept on the couch. I'm gonna assume you did the gentlemanly thing there.

• Like 1

Oh I see. Yes now we're speaking my language. I assume you slept on the couch. I'm gonna assume you did the gentlemanly thing there.

I would have, but it's in my contract to grind on her all night, and I don't want the union upset with me.

• Like 1

There are 3 district managers in this area. One of them is a little bit like strats nemisis. He is a world class self promoter, always sending out fancy memo's, knows the right things to say in meeting or while giving presentations in front of the executives etc... The problem is that the actual work he does is the bare minimum required for the job. He doesn't spend time in his stores except to audit once a month or if he has to be there to drop something off or deal with an issue. Last month he told his team that the regional manager said that he receives too many phone calls so they aren't allowed to call him anymore. They are to e-mail or text, AFTER trying to get whatever answer they need from one of their peers, and he will get back to them "when he can".

Apparently he is also a professor at ITT or one of those similar "colleges" and the suspicion is that he spends most of his time working on things related to that. A couple of his managers have reached out to me and the other district manager so we passed the most egregious info to the regional manger for her to do with whatever she chooses.

Beyond that, I couldn't care less. The proof is in the pudding and he consistently ranks in the bottom third in the company and last in the state. Good managers know who is productive and effective and who is not, despite whatever dog and pony show the weak players put on.

no names were named. no one's getting fired. this guy is being an ******* to his teammates and the loophole can be closed. seems entirely reasonable.

if you had a coworker who was coming in early to grab all the good leads and leave you with the weak ones, would you take action?

Get there earlier than him and give him a taste of it.

I guess its just my style. If someone is being lazy, thats not my issue to control unless I were that person's supervisor.

As far as the company being productive by having the best employees, thats aomething i also couldnt care less about. Hire better supervisors

Dont mind me. While i stick by my "dont be a rat" theory, i'm grumpier than strat after a night of drinking and then waking up to find out somene

Week 3 Power Rankings, 7/23/13 - 7/29/13

1. TommyGavin81 (--) - Had multiple sexy times; inadvertently attempted mother-daughter hook up

2. iphonenkinder (new) - Has two interviews; is a girl

3. funyet (+9) - Being followed by TWO MasterChef contestants

4. InternetExplorer (+6) - Was generally pretty funny; jumped into online dating pool

5. NickCave (-3) - Found $5; had 3 texts read on sports radio

6. Cha! Cha! (-3) - Continued power rankings

7. Ron_Mexico (+2) - Did general Mexi type things

8. Dawson Leery (+9) - Fixed Shake's Excel problem

9. speedz99 (+12) - Claimed still has nudes of Andi on computer; working; hasn't accidentally killed any animals

10. ShakeZuma (-6) - Sucks at Excel; fixed his A/C

11. Essay21 (-6) - People don't want to hang out with him; won at the pokers

12. Tiltinagain (-6) - Did general Tilty type things

13. runthemover (+6) - Got someone else's blood on his penis

14. brvheart (+4) - Said some things, managed to mostly avoid racist comments

15. JubilantLankyLad (-4) – Made a few comments here and there

16. hank213 (+4) - Made his presence known at the deadline

17. Napa Don (-9) - Car problems; kind of sad-sacky

18. Theraflu (-5) - Ate some bad shrimp; didn't win at board games; encouraged Quack to keep talking soccer

19. Quacktastic (-5) - Talked soccer; drank beer

20. Roll the Bones (-13) - Mostly absent

21. Sickinfo2 (-5) - [no posts]

22. The Ocho (-7) - Got his wife mad at him; got stung by a dead bee

Week 3 Big Riser - speedz99

Week 3 Big Dropper - Napa

Week 4 Power Rankings, 7/30/13 - 8/5/13

1. Quacktastic (+18) - Got the job
  2. iphonenkinder ( --) - Rocked the interviews; hung out with lesbians
  3. funyet (--) - Met a girl, made out, has a date
  4. Ron_Mexico (+3) - Carried the thread for a while; got yelled at by his boss
  5. Sickinfo2 (+16) - Did a bunch of car stuff; told stories
  6. hank213 (+10) - Gave Ron some helpful wedding planning tips
  7. brvheart (+7) - His mechanics came through for Napa; having big bonfire; got a little Excel chatty
  8. Napa Don (+9) - Told his manager to "stay up, playa" and the manager responded "ok, thanks." Texted a girl.
  9. InternetExplorer (-5) - Solid contributions
  10. Essay21 (+1) - Solid contributions
  11. Cha! Cha! (-5) - Pretty much still just the power rankings; posted a lot
  12. The Ocho (+10) - Planning huge party
  13. TommyGavin81 (-12) - Discussed the possibility of ex in-law hook-up
  14. runthemover (-1) - Tried to make some things happen
  15. Theraflu (+3) - Grilled a t-bone
  16. Tiltinagain (-4) - Contributed
  17. NickCave (-12) - Stopped sleeping with the stripper; didn't catch up on thread
  18. JubilantLankyLad (-3) - Was around from time to time
  19. ShakeZuma (-9) - So?
  20. Dawson Leery (-12) -
  21. speedz99 (-12) -
  22. Roll the Bones (-2) - Talked about fantasy football a lot

Week 4 Big Riser - Quacktastic (+18)

Week 4 Big Dropper - NickCave, Dawson Leery, speedz99 (tie) (-12)

Get there earlier than him and give him a taste of it.

I guess its just my style. If someone is being lazy, thats not my issue to control unless I were that person's supervisor.

As far as the company being productive by having the best employees, thats aomething i also couldnt care less about. Hire better supervisors

Dont mind me. While i stick by my "dont be a rat" theory, i'm grumpier than strat after a night of drinking and then waking up to find out someone threw off hia hot dog to bun ratio. Crappy leadership class today for work, which is better than being in the branch, but I cant concentrate