I Called In Sick Today

Brooklyn. Well, at least you won't have any cows needing rectal exams there.

Bright side and all that.

edit; Oh, 2 week vacation....The Caribbean. St. Thomas to be specific. With the wife.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I want updates Napa. Detailed updates. I NEED the deets.

FINALLY you're doing something I'm interested in. Although, when you get piss drunk, it's interesting, and amusing.

I want updates Napa. Detailed updates. I NEED the deets.

FINALLY you're doing something I'm interested in. Although, when you get piss drunk, it's interesting, and amusing.

So how bout that fucking knockout last night? Been a while since I've seen something as authoritative as that. Good start to the season so far.

Brooklyn, heh. Ironic. Most Jews move away from Brooklyn.

(That joke only works if you people knew what I know about New York Jews. For a while, I was convinced every retiree, Jews and otherwise, in Boca, Delray and Boynton Beach was born in Brooklyn.

Speedz, or anyone who likes baseball and history, watch this. I enjoyed it a whole bunch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1059898/

So how bout that fucking knockout last night? Been a while since I've seen something as authoritative as that. Good start to the season so far.

Tuesday DVR is blocked at 9pm. Recording it tonight. I hear its great. Any better than that Edinson Barbosa kick ko?

Sorry, things happened. I don't know who KE is, which will bother me for a bit. I suppose I could just try to go back a few pages and figure it out...

Tell you things? Ok. I passed the national board exam, so as of May I'll be a real live animal doctor, which is terrifying. The girlfriend got an internship in NYC, so we'll be moving to Brooklyn as planned, where they'll think my cargo pants, northface fleece, and red sox hat are supremely ironic. I have to find a job, which is going to be pretty rough.

On the more interesting side of things, this is my first of 3 weeks on the ambulatory rotation. My day consists of driving around to farms and sticking my arm up cow assholes to feel their internal ladyparts. Occasionally we get to do something else, like treat sick calves and watch doctors perform field surgeries, but it's mostly the rectals.

I guess that's the basics. Going to the parents' house for dinner (my mother is doing pretty well, only a month left of chemo), so I'll be back later or tomorrow...if anyone has the inclination to catch me up on any particular happenings around here, please do. Off the top of my head I'd expect news on Napa's new job and perhaps whatever the hell job strat is currently spreadsheeting about at.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. Only took a few pages and a comment about liking sex but being bad at it.

Holy crap, thank god you came back. It was so boring, waiting suspended in RAM on your return so we could post for you.

dana's twitter said dude was out for 4 minutes, on the stool by 6 and in the ambulance by 9. I'm curious to see how he would contend with an athletic guy that has strong wrestling and decent jits but no doubt, kid is the one to watch this season.

I've been really happy with the season so far. from the change in the way it's shot to focusing more on the training (both mental and physical) to cutting out a lot of the house bs. the last couple of seasons i would watch the first 5 minutes and the last 15 of each episode, everything in between was stuff we'd seen a million times just with new faces. i'm actually gaining a new appreciation for Sonnen too. Dude seems like a really solid coach.

My ex wife announced her engagement to her lesbian lover today. Save the date! June 14,2014. Doing a little drinking alone tonight before work tomorrow.

so i'm thinking vegas weekend with truckloads of whoors.

Ok.... crazy story time

Last evening around midnight I was out in the shop minding my own drinking when the phone rang my kids ringtone... almost always bad news of some sort

"Hey"

"Hey....Im broke down"

"What happened?"

"Ah.... we went to hooters and then to a friends house then over....."

"Its it burning down or what?"

"Well.... I had to get a jump at their house then on the way home the headlights got dim and it started cutting out...died over here by this abandoned subdivision"

"Alright...be there in a minute"

Classic bad altenator, so I loaded up a hot battery that stays on a trickle charger for just these emergencies, a tool box, and a cooler for the fifteen minute trip. The place he broke down at just have alsphalt streets but no houses for miles. Went bankrupt and abandoned, left for guys like me as a good dragrace testing ground and the like. Thinking about turning it in to a go cart track until some bank figures out its theirs and runs us off...

Anyhoo.... got down there and had the battery swapped in about ten minutes. Both cars were turned off and I was standing there pissing before going home...

"Hey dad....do we have another altena....."

"woooooooooouhhhhhhh........aaaaaaaaaa"

"What the hell was that?"

"I dunno....came from over there"

"Sounds like someone dyin or something"

"Anyone with you?"

"No"

"No girl out there that was with you?"

"No dad"

"Well what the hell would have....."

"oooooooohhhhhhhhhhh.....uuuuuuuuuuu"

"Shithousemouse...gimme that spotlight...."

"Sounded like one of them ghost shows you watch out in the shop and get all jumpy about"

(more spooky sounds come from woods.... direction they come from varies about a hundred feet apart and about the same distance away. Also seem to be at least two different tones/haints making them)

"Who the hell is out there....I got a big gun over here"

(Beans zips up pants)

"That should scare em dad...you have a real one with you?"

"Of course"

"Any silver bullets handy?"

"Lets get the hell outta here"

So that in itself was pretty spooky. By the time I woke up today around noon I had forgotten all about it. While fabbing up some driving light mounts Mr. Tony pulled up to assist drink and observe....

(Beans stopps working and drinking more)

"Dammit....Tony I lost my pocket knife"

"Where ya have it last?"

"Gave it to the kid last night to cut off a battery strap so it would fit under the hood"

"He give it back?"

"Probably not.... bet its still under the hood of the Chevelle"

(Beans and Tony find it nowhere and the kid is in class)

"Lets drive down there where he cut it and see if it lying around"

(Beans informs Tony of last nights supernatural sounds)

"He down there ****in a girl that was out there screwing with yas?"

"Nah....thought that too.....but he left with me and didnt go back"

"Probably made the bitch walk home"

"Thats not like him, though"

"Think he nailed her so good her cummer was stuck and couldnt get up?"

"Tony...."

"Well...ya never know"

"I would like to think not...in fact lets change the subject"

"One night me an this ole hide was a goin at it down by the river and by the time I got done with her she was paralized from the tits down...."

"Yeah, I remember....you had to carry her weight on your shoulders for a while before she could on her own"

"Yep.... I called it weenie poisioning"

(Beans pulls up just in time to cut the story short)

"This where it was?"

"Yep....right here"

"And the sounds came from over there?"

"Howd you know"

"Commere a minute"

(B&T grab a fresh beer and stagger through the brush)

"This here is an ole graveyard from back in the eighteen hunnerds....whole family died of some plauge"

Holy smoke...sure enough....old tombstones leaning everywhere. Growed up with trees and brush so thick they would be noticed at all without being pointed out...

"Howd you know about this place? Ive stomped around here all my life and didnt know this was here"

"Used to cut hay in this here field before they put the streets in. Owner let me hunt it and one day I sat down right next to one...scared the shit outta me"

"Geez...the kid is gonna shit when he sees this"

(Tony starts making moaning sounds and laughing)

"Shuddup"

"You done heared a haint son"

"Maybe"

"Got all yer affairs in order?"

"All but one.... Im gonna paralize you from the tits down with that fence post over there if ya dont shuddup"

"heheheheheeeeee!"

So there you have it. Even had a sober credible witness to it. The sounds, not the grave yard....

The kid refuses to go back with me but Ill have him forced into it today sometime. Stick close to twitter for images

Hopefully no sounds...

• Like 2

Beans -

I have a water cooler (http://www.walmart.c...hBox=&addFacet=) but I want a water colder. What can I do to hack the thing to make it cool the water down further?

It seems to have a coil in the reservoir that ices up to chill the water. Even at its very coldest I would like it to be a little colder. I was thinking about looking to see if I could insulate the reservoir better or something, but maybe you have a better idea? I wish it had a dial that I could just turn up to 11.

Believe this or else, but I bought one of those a few years back for a Christmas party. Poured out the water and added my own personal margarita recipe...

It didnt cool well, either. Tried adding crushed ice to the bottle but the spout kept stopping up. Not one to be bested by an appliance, I tore the thing apart to "supercharge" it for the next event

They dont operate like a normal refridge....no compressor, freon, or anything. Its a simple heat sink principal that uses DC current between two aluminum plates. As current move through, it transfers the heat from on to another

Here are two things I came up with that would work....

Increase the current. This would require a larger AC to DC transformer. I dont remember the readings I got but it seems like on max cool it was around twenty four volts. You probably could substitute the factory one for a thirty six and still use the factory rheostat (temp knob) and get it colder. That would give you an eleven, twelve, and maybe even a twenty selection

Since the heat is removed from the water by one plate and transfered to the other, another way would be adding a fan to the outside heat sink to make it more efficient. Mine didnt have one. I was going to use a couple of those small fans from inside a PC...the problem is that at a certain point ambient temprature plays a big part in this method. Sitting outside or in a warehouse on a warm day it wouldnt help much if at all....

Long story shorter, I gave up on that and piped a keg into a "real" water cooler with a holding tank cooled with compressed freon like those used in commercial buildings. They can actually get down to freezing if needed

As far as the cooler you have, I did get it colder by moving it into the office and sitting it directly over an A/C vent. Since the warm heat sink was on the bottom it decreased the temp of the water by several degrees....if yours dont have a fan on the warm side of the heat exchanger place a small one somewhere in the vicinity where it will cool it off. The PC fan(s) should work well and may be able to run from the same transformer inside the unit. Keep in mid though that any you rob from the actual cooling system could make things worse. Im not sure how many amps/volts they pull but I assume very little....a small transformer from a phone charger or something could work well. Even the power routed from an LED indicator may spin one. A DVM will be needed to be sure. I would first experiment with one of those small desk fans to prove the actual worth of the mod. Just take readings of the dispensed water before the fan and after, then start modifying if that helps

Mine ended up being thrown away a few weeks later due to the marga mix getting all sticky inside the spout. Twice we had a flood because the dim wits didnt notice the lever didnt close all the way after use

Tuesday DVR is blocked at 9pm. Recording it tonight. I hear its great. Any better than that Edinson Barbosa kick ko?

I had forgotten about that KO. Pretty similar.

dana's twitter said dude was out for 4 minutes, on the stool by 6 and in the ambulance by 9. I'm curious to see how he would contend with an athletic guy that has strong wrestling and decent jits but no doubt, kid is the one to watch this season.

I've been really happy with the season so far. from the change in the way it's shot to focusing more on the training (both mental and physical) to cutting out a lot of the house bs. the last couple of seasons i would watch the first 5 minutes and the last 15 of each episode, everything in between was stuff we'd seen a million times just with new faces. i'm actually gaining a new appreciation for Sonnen too. Dude seems like a really solid coach.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Who knew that focusing on the fighting and training and coaching of a UFC show would be better than focusing on the drunken lunatic antics of the jackasses that live there? The only worry is that once more people get knocked out, more guys will start drinking, and then they in-house BS will start up. But until then, it's been very good.

some kind of breakfast or lunch at work at about 600-800 calories, then two snacking periods of some kind of deli meat sandwich, soup, frozen vegetables, fruit, etc. I've been having hotdogs sometimes, too. probably hit about 1500/day, sometimes less.

me: I'm pretty much the best... around [normal tone]

coworker [takes a few steps away, comes back]: hey, do you think anyone is ever going to bring you down?

me: it doesn't seem likely

• Like 4