• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah I just saw that. CAN'T WAIT.

Also the bill polish cough was pure awesome. They just played that sound out to break for 30 seconds.,

DUDE, if I had yours or Whiskers phone number, I would've called you both just so I could share that with someone. I listened to it on the way home and pulled into the driveway as they started the segment after the interview, where they talked about it, then played it 20 times in a row. I was literally fcking crying. I couldn't breath and hoped it would stop. Best segment ever

if I wasn't cripplingly lazy, I would find and quote the stuff from your recent job search where employers passed on you for not having a degree. perhaps some of them might have offered a higher salary? there must have been instances in the past where this sort of thing happened - promotions given to degree holders over you, etc.

it is absolute nonsense of course. the piece of paper is a shitty proxy for intelligence, or dedication, or whatever.

I really was agreeing with you. I just threw in the "oh, wait" as a dig/joke at those in general that have degrees and still had to start at the bottom. Pretty much what you followed up with.

I know there were companies that would not take a resume because I didn't have a degree. Not a lot of them but some. Many companies, including the one I got hired with, were willing to take experience in lieu of a degree. With the companies I've worked for I don't believe they cared either way whether I, or anyone else had a degree up to the Regional level. Might be a different story past that.

All that said, if I had it to do over again I would definitely have gone to college. Mostly because, why give an employer a reason not to consider you? Personally, I would still rather hire someone with 4 years experience in the field than a 4 year degree, all other things being equal.

RON, GODDAMMIT, YOU SAID OBAMA HAD NO DESIRE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT TAKING AWAY GUNS AND NOW SHAKE HAS TO STOCKPILE AMMO BEFORE IT'S OUTLAWED/TAXED OUT OF HIS PRICE RANGE AND OBAMA ANNOUNCED A WHOLE "GUN CONTROL PLAN" TODAY.

I told you so.

No more secrets Marty.

You seem too young for this reference, but I loved it.

TOO MANY SECRETS

Ron, get the "social fixer" web browser add-on. It's makes FB 1000x better. It hides the sidebars, and the ads. It puts the recent stories first and even tells you when people unfriend you.

You can even disable the 'theater view' picture viewer that I hated for so long.

Works in any browser. You're welcome.

Ron, get the "social fixer" web browser add-on. It's makes FB 1000x better. It hides the sidebars, and the ads. It puts the recent stories first and even tells you when people unfriend you.

You can even disable the 'theater view' picture viewer that I hated for so long.

Works in any browser. You're welcome.

All of that stuff doesn't bother me. The people do

Up and at 'em this morning. Doing the meet and greet/dog and pony show with all my stores with my outgoing and incoming bosses today. Woke up to find the freeway into LA I always take was closed due to a big rig fatal accident. Apparently they have 1 lane open now and are supposed to open the rest of the freeway "soon". Was planning on leaving 2 hours before our meet time because you just never know with the traffic but now I have a half hour to decide whether I pick an alternate route or tough out the normal route. Of course the alternate route is backed up because everyone else is going that way too. LA problems.

Is supposed to be 76 degrees today though.