Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

why in the world would KFC advertise on the walking dead? literally, person getting dismembered, zoomed in on the zombies eating it, directly to people eating your chicken.

I thought the exact same thing. Went from the absolute most gruesome scene....to, Walking Dead is brought to you by KFC. Zero people are thinking "man, I need a snack" at that moment.

If I was in their Ad department and saw that I would lose my shit.

This is like the third or fourth time I've tuned in to AMC at 8:55 only to find out the air the new episodes at 8:00 and not at 9:00 and accidentally caught 10-15 seconds of the end of the new episode and it is gd infuriating. Why can't I remember it's at 8 and not 9?!

oh yeah, server maintenance. only 110GBs left on each of my drives. that whole discussion about keeping TV you're never gonna watch again? totally applies to more than just physical DVDs laying around when you're making double backups of everything.....

zach braff is like my favorite person. the uproar he caused by bringing up gonewild (all the girls saying "this is for you, zach") etc. I hope celebrity-strat would be close to as cool as he is.

hey napa, you were talking about your arms, weren't you. with that "concealed guns" post. I know that's what you meant. it was good.

so are you still working out? I'm assuming yes, because only losers start working out and then quit. tell him ronny.

I avoid that by not starting to work out so far this year.

i've been watching 'scrubs' on netflix for the last 7 hours. i have a problem.

I watched nearly every episode of Party Down today.

speedz is even meaner than ron mexico.

I'm far from mean, just misunderstood. Saw a woman that lost some lbs this weekend. Instead of simply saying she looked good, I had to go a step further. I asked if she had cancer and was losing weight.

what a sweetie!

strat, nothing good's gonna happen. never has, never will. plenty of bad stuff will happen though, so maybe just start enjoying bad stuff? schadenfreude if you will. I don't know where I'm going with this other than that you all have ridiculously stupid faces. oh and that everything sucks.

hey brv, you've linked to some sites that were like online junkyards or something. any chance you know a good place to look for a used rim? think it's pretty unlikely I'll find a good condition 2011 honda accord rim like mine in a junkyard but you never know. better than the $200+ I'm sure I'd have to spend if I got it directly from the dealership.

and beans, in the mean time, can you print me a plastic one with that machine I think you bought a while back?

why in the world would KFC advertise on the walking dead? literally, person getting dismembered, zoomed in on the zombies eating it, directly to people eating your chicken.

I used to make wings with some friends for the new episodes during the first season. It's fun tearing into flesh while watching the show.

well you enjoy that speedz because I'm going to try to starve myself this week. ate more than I should have and didn't work out at all last week so now I'm a disgusting bloated fat blob of nasty. gotta fix that by saturday.

I need to figure out my last/first dates.

Cute chick assures me that if I stay past Jan 1 I will get paid out all my vacation days (which will be around 20), which would be nice. However, that would put me at about Jan 7 for my first day and I think that might make me miss an audit or two that would be beneficial. Also, if I do that I will have to take the week of Christmas off to satisfy my week away from work, and then I'd come back for a four day week.

If I left mid December, that would leave my current job in a pinch as far as replacement wise as me training my backup would be a little weak on some of the stuff I do once a month. Plus, then I wouldn't be able to take Xmas week off which, I was planning on being my vacation for the year since I haven't really taken one this year and I don't want to start one week and be like, can I take a few days off next week? But telling them I don't want to start until Jan 7 seems like to far off. Long term it's probably best I start ASAP, but its potentially costing me $1,200 in free money via cashing in vacation days, which would be nice to have seeing as how I have to pay back around $4,300 to quit for CPA stuff.

I'm sure that makes no sense. Just trying to talk it out.

I had a DQPC for lunch. cannot wait to get back to just eating at SS's cafe every day. or working hard enough to miss that I didn't eat anything.

really gotta get the word out with all my friends that I want to move to KC. I missed out on maybe rooming with a buddy near power & light, he was looking maybe two months ago and I would have done it and skipped this government thing altogether. ah well.

well you enjoy that speedz because I'm going to try to starve myself this week. ate more than I should have and didn't work out at all last week so now I'm a disgusting bloated fat blob of nasty. gotta fix that by saturday.

Why Saturday?

I haven't worked out for about 3 months. I'm not bloated or fat, but my muscles are displaying a soft, almost gelatinous consistency.

no, it makes total sense. the people who say our posts make no sense are just accustomed to a much lower level of thinking, and are self-conscious/jealous. they can be safely ignored.

Heh.

But telling them I don't want to start until Jan 7 seems like to far off. Long term it's probably best I start ASAP, but its potentially costing me $1,200 in free money via cashing in vacation days, which would be nice to have seeing as how I have to pay back around $4,300 to quit for CPA stuff.

Does it really make that much of a difference in the long term? I feel like you could just explain the situation to your new employer, and if they balk at the long wait you can just start on the sooner side.

Does it really make that much of a difference in the long term? I feel like you could just explain the situation to your new employer, and if they balk at the long wait you can just start on the sooner side.

No, it doesn't. Freakin' Napa over thinks everything. And yes, your feeling is obviously exactly correct. Freakin' Napa.

I don't know why I went with "freakin'" there. Either time. Well, the second time would look odd if I just said, "Napa."

I have forgotten how to post.

it's really awesome that people naturally want to own none of their own mistakes. makes it so easy to stand out/be trusted under smart management. for example, this shit:

coworker, upon discovering she was supposed to do this type of audit for the last three weeks: I could have sworn she said not to do these

Jeff, handing her the training material: no, we definitely do them

coworker, staring at the instructions in plain English: could have sworn we weren't supposed to

Jeff: you could ask again, if you want. it seems pretty cut and dried.

coworker: I guess we will just do it this way and see

No, it doesn't really make a difference in the long term.

Although...starting earlier would probably be better long term because then I could review some old audit binders and get some familiarity with the systems before heading directly to a client, which is what I assume will happen if I start in January. But, I assume I'll be able to play catchup fairly quickly as I learn better by doing anyways, so, meh.

It kinda sucks being a lame duck here, though. And factoring the pay increase of working the $1,200 amount would be offset some. I would just like a bit of a vacation before switching directly to 60+ hour weeks and no vacation in the foreseeable future, if at all possible.