I Called In Sick Today

I can't remember if I said much about Toronto, but I loved it. Awesome city. We stopped at Niagra falls and spent the week seeing all the districts and doing a lot of shopping, mostly to appease Deb as she weemed to think it was her vacation as well. And well, it was mostly to butter her up for the weekend and all the RushCon events. The motel we stayed at had Rush fans from all over the world staying there. The Convention part was at a Hard Rock Cafe Sat and Sun a block down the street. They had all kinds of things going on all weekend, speakers, charity auction, Rush games and contests. Saturday night they had a fantastic Rush cover band. I knew a lot of people I'd met over the years at Rush concerts and the forum etc. Then the last night we went to the concert where I had 3rd row seats and it was utterly fantastic.

T61.jpg

• Replies 267.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

24.jpgToward the end of the concert they always throw out a couple special tee shirts they have made. Deb vowed to get one to any and every one we met. This is actually the one she got. Everyone died laughing that she got one. It hit her in the head.

One other awesome thing happened. Neil Peart, the author/drummer/lyricist co-wrote a book Clockwork Angels with a popular sci-fi author Kevin Anderson (24 million books sold). The album goes along with the book so to speak and is the basis behind the tour etc.

Anyway, he was speaking at RushCon and Deb and I were on our way to see it but stopped to have lunch at an out of the way place I had heard about. Geddy Lee likes to eat there. It was small and crowded and we waited a while and were just getting seated when I looked up and saw Kevin Anderson walking in. I went up and asked him if he wanted to join us, you know so he wouldn't be late, and so I could pester him like a blubbering idiot. He gladly agreed.

How to explain this. He is a huge Rush fan obviously. Throughout the book it is crammed with lyrics or things from Rush songs. The average person wouldn't catch them. I was telling him how me and my best friend always "Rushtalk". We will always try to seemlessly work Rush lyrics into the conversation and no matter how smooth you do it, it still comes off corny as hell. Ask Deb. When we do it she constantly groans.

Anyway, I told Kev (yeah, we're bros now) about how we both think he is the master of Rushspeak in the way he wrote the lyrics into the book. He started telling me about a bunch of other books he wrote that had Rush stuff in them as well, including a chacter named "Pearton" that tried to rule the universe or something.

Then we proceeded to Rushspeak the rest of our lunch. We were all howling laughing. He signed my book, which I was carrying, "Randy, don't stop thinking big!" Which is a Rush lyric from the book.

oh randy

glad you had fun. and even more glad that you got the focus button fixed on your camera. it's a whole new experience! how did you get that one of you and deb from the stage? was that like an official photo that just happened to catch you? did you slappa da base?

man it's only tuesday and I feel like it's been a stupid long week already. I don't usually say dumb shit like that but this week is different. had the first big group review of this thing I did with this new group and it was long and stupid and annoying and more proof of how much I hate this stupid job. oh my god it's just so boring. whatever though, I got a doctors appointment on friday and I'm gonna get put on some sort of high dose antidepressant and I'm just gonna zone out for a couple of years. think that sounds like the best plan I've come up with all along.

oh and pulled the trigger on the wire box set today. it went down to $89 and I figured it wouldn't make it any lower (or back to that level after today) most likely, and I had that $100 gift card, so I went for it. shitty thing though, once I got to the checkout screen, I realized that apparently you can't use a gift card AND another credit card (yeah it went over $100. I mean I need a nose hair trimmer ok?! leave me alone.) so I thought I was screwed with this gift card yet again. but NO! all was NOT lost! figured out that I could buy a $100 amazon gift card with the visa card, have it emailed to myself, then just apply that $100 to my amazon account and use that with my credit card. saved the day.

I'm actually glad I finally got rid of that damn gift card. it was so much pressure.

I'm sorry. I forgot that you sit to pee.

I'm in touch with my feminine side, and yours if you don't be careful

I sit to pee. you want to spray piss on the rim/floor, that's your business. maybe someone cleans it for you. but for me, it's less shit I gotta handle.

Least surprising thing you've written in weeks.

Fantastic though.

The only time they slip up and get stupid is during the rut when the does are in heat...that turns them into mexi at a sports bar after a dozen or so...with a flashing camera phone at that

The killing is the easy part... ripping open the abdomen and removing the still steaming hot insides while desperately trying not to bust open the stomach full of decaying acorns and triggering a thirty second beer vomit is much worse

So even deers have more sex drive than the men around here?

Yeah, I'm out. No need to be in guts. Oddly, I want to learn to butcher. But, at a meat store, not at the slaughter house.

Randy, love all of that stuff. Pics are great, especially the Niagara one. Weirdly, I forgot Rush was Canadian. My friend and former co-worker's (still a Canadian citizen) mom went to high school with Geddy Lee

I gotta think Rando creeped out the author dude. Just my take on it, but I would never, ever bother a stranger like that, even if I idolized their work. I'm a sissy like that and I'm guessing they don't want to be bothered. But hey, maybe some do like the attention. I'll never find out. Good for you on that though Rando.

Shakey, I'd like to add my .02 on buying DVDs. I think it's a waste. At best, you'll watch that twice in the next 10 years. Once if you've already seen it. Just do Netflix or Hulu. It'll all eventually be on there, IMO. I'm very anti DVD purchase. Then again, I've had directv for 10 years with all the channels, so something is always on. I like watching new tv shows.

oh yeah, I forgot about that beans post, so that reminds me, beans: just so you know, in the event of any zombie apocalypse/asteroid impact/megastorm/social upheaval/etc... I am packing all of my gear into my truck and heading straight to your compound. figured I ought to warn you now since there probably won't be any cell service then and you'll shoot me if I'm unannounced.

see ya then!

yeah that just isn't the case for me on the dvd thing. a, I don't have cable so all I have is netflix/hulu/dvds. if I've got my 3 netflix options already here at home and I want to see the show (or any other movie/show that I really like and would buy) then I don't have to wait. and me personally, I do tend to watch things repetitively if I really like them. hell I've already watched the wire through twice and I really want to see it again already. I'm positive I'll be watching it through at least two more times in the near future (i.e. under 2 years).

we're out of sync man!

and haha, yeah right. worldwide catastrophe, you're dead within a week. sorry bro.

You underestimate my stubbornness and smarts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not smart, or outdoorsy, but I can bring the funk. I'll get by, buddy boy. I'll do whats I gots to do. I'm resourceful.

By the by, just looked out of curiosity, and The Wire is available OnDemand on Directv. The entire series. I may download it. The lady hasn't seen it.

So shake, what do you do if you want to watch Homeland, which you need to be watching. Don't wait 4 seasons like you did with Walking Dead. Not that I watch that.

I need to get after some Breaking Bad.

maybe so, but i literally have hundreds of movies and a bunch of complete set tv shows that i'd like to get rid of. i have complete sets of the wire, sopranos, deadwood, the shield, nip/tuck, the tudors, oz, all but one season of dexter, most of rescue me, psych, monk, wings, arrested development.

jesus what a waste of money.

• Like 1

shake i have a bunch of dvds i'll sell you for cheap.

I didn't sell mine dammit. They are merely collecting dust. Lotsa classics. Maybe I'll send them to shake so I can build up my favor bank for the zombie takeover.

maybe so, but i literally have hundreds of movies and a bunch of complete set tv shows that i'd like to get rid of. i have complete sets of the wire, sopranos, deadwood, the shield, nip/tuck, the tudors, oz, all but one season of dexter, most of rescue me, psych, monk, wings, arrested development.

Who has two thumbs and GETS IT? THAT GUY. (The one that posted above. You know, Suited, Yon, Essay. Yeah, that guy)

• Like 1

So shake, what do you do if you want to watch Homeland,

well I guess I should start watching homeland, though has the first season completed yet? they usually get to netflix in a decent amount of time. for others that I can't wait for (breaking bad, soon to be walking dead), I just buy them on amazon. usually like 20 bucks for a season. hell of a lot cheaper to do that for a few shows a year than to spend $100 a month on cable. doesn't work for dexter though unfortunately. showtime fags won't sell them to amazon or something. they wait until the dvds are out.

you stupid yo

yeah i know i'm stupid shake thanks for telling me though. seriously, and thats just most of my tv shows. the movies stretch on forever. christ almighty. i tried to sell some at my dad's garage sell and people don't want them. even for a dollar. good solid movies for a buck and nobody wants them. goddamn obama.

well I guess I should start watching homeland, though has the first season completed yet? they usually get to netflix in a decent amount of time. for others that I can't wait for (breaking bad, soon to be walking dead), I just buy them on amazon. usually like 20 bucks for a season. hell of a lot cheaper to do that for a few shows a year than to spend $100 a month on cable. doesn't work for dexter though unfortunately. showtime fags won't sell them to amazon or something. they wait until the dvds are out.

Homeland is midway through season 2.

You are right about the cable bill. I wish it was $100 a month. But I consume a ton of content. Lots of shows from lots of channels. Odd stuff. Just recorded 6 hours of Vietnam in HD from History Channel. Cooking shows, pay channel shows. Network shows like Castle, Revolution, etc. plus my Dolphins every Sunday. Not all games are shown up here so it works out. I probably could stand to watch way less tv, but that ain't happening any time soon.

I barely watch movies anymore. I used to gobble up movies like they were chicken fingers. Shows have more depth, for me.

I did watch The Descendants. That was good. I can't do all the deep movies you guys watch. I just want to be entertained. Not too much thinking and analyzing.