I Called In Sick Today

i know dog. i wasn't offended or upset at all. i actually laughed at it, cause it reminded me of the movie.i'm gonna do it. we just went over the MPT today (which is where you get a story basically and some case law and statutes and you have 90 minutes to write a memo answering the questions in the story and i dominated it. but that will be my best part for sure because you don't have to know anything going in, the law is all right there.gonna study torts tonight. don't be negligent y'all.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Exercise and eating the right foods.Oh, sorry, wrong question.Um...4 months.Wait, you're just going to move to Chicago without job prospects? Is that because companies are less likely to hire you if you're from out of town? I would just let prospective employers (or temp agencies) know that you will be moving to Chicago in x months and that's why you're looking for a new job. Not that you're looking for a job in Chicago because you want to move there. I think employers see so many potential employees who are desperate for any job right now that they'll overvalue someone who has a job, but unfortunately has to relocate because of outside circumstances. Especially if you can get a good reference from your current employer. If that's possible.

What's your plan once you get to Chicago? What's your end game here? Zimmer got his job in Chicago while living in Pennslyvania so I'm not really buying that you living in Kansas is why you can't get a trading job. I'd figure that shit out as much as possible. It would suck to move to Chicago, spend six months and all your savings and then end up back home working some shitty job again with even less hope.

This year?
Heh. Well, I live in Eastern WA, which is the dry, high desert side. We only get 16 inches of rain per year on average (plus 48" of snow) so this is unusual for over here.Strat, why couldn't you just start putting feelers out for jobs now and see where it goes? Maybe you end up with an interview/offer a month from now and you leave then. Maybe it takes 4 months and you go then. Either way, I agree with Napa that it could backfire on you if you just head up there blind.

if chicago is anything like KC, finding a shitty job will be a breeze. like, I'd expect employment within two weeks if I'm real diligent at finding out who the temp agencies are and use a wide enough description of what I'd find acceptable.it'll be scary, no doubt.zimmer got the interview with that place because he had a personal reference. getting the interview is all of the battle, and it seems like online apps almost never yield them at a place worth working for.I want to move there because it'll make networking my way into a trading job infinitely easier. there's not a whole lot of it going on outside of chi/nyc.the only decision is whether having this fund accountant job on my resume, with a few trading things sprinkled in, is going to be worth it. I really think it might be.

so I have decided I'm gonna move to chicago after this job. whether that's two weeks or six months from now, there's the question. answer it for me please. I have enough money right now to live on for like six months.
Yeah, I hear ya... after it closed down theres not much use going back. I doubt if you remember this, but back in the day you could sneak into the joint right next to Saharas parking garage at the southwest corner. They stationed a security guard close by but he was too busy watching the fat gals on the lazy river between the hedges. Damn the sunburns, though. My back got hotter than a fresh screwed nanny goat there several times! LOL! Good chat as always!In other news...Ive been burning stuff for three days now. Sad to say but Im about to run outta fuel. Hopefully the wind will pick up and down a few more trees soon. Thats about it
Ive been burning stuff for three days now. Sad to say but Im about to run outta fuel. Hopefully the wind will pick up and down a few more trees soon. Thats about it
you and every black person from virginia to south carolina... I swear I'd never seen and smelled so many nasty smoke plumes in all my life as I did on the way down here. is it some sort of official trash burning week or something? had me some really good coffee this morning. fresh ground beans. I usually buy the pre-ground stuff but my dad has a grinder so I got some whole beans for the trip. really does make a difference I think.hey strat, have you thought about applying to jobs in chicago before you move?

I am so god damned bored. Today's lecture is painful; it could be done in an hour and were here for four. I've been on my phone the whole time and looking around the room so is everyone else.

15 minutes in the sun and I'm burnt to a damn crisp. must be secretly irish or some shit. least I'm not black though haha!

you and every black person from virginia to south carolina... I swear I'd never seen and smelled so many nasty smoke plumes in all my life as I did on the way down here. is it some sort of official trash burning week or something?
In my case its been so hot and dry the stuff just kept piling up until it rained a few days ago...I actually got somewhat nervous on that last "controlled" burn... some drunk thought it would be funny to throw four seventeen inch tires under the brush. A few plastic items as well. A full sized ford bedliner for one. Tony was the cause of that one. Anyway, I jumped in the truck and drove a few miles down the road checking to see if it was visable. Yep, looked like one of those tornadoes at night on the weather channel. Thankfully the wind was blowing in the opposide direction of the houseOne of these days black snow will fall around here...In other news, the kid is wanting a new truck. Luckily hes being quite realistic about the price range. So far Ive got three pics texted from random dealers of vehicles in the fifty thou range. No way I can get drunk enough to sign for those. So I made him a deal this morning. Buy something cheap, fix it up, and flip it for a profit. Do that a few times and come up with half the money and Ill fork over the other. He liked the idea so much that him and a few buddies have already went and looked at two from craigslist already.I figure itll be an eyeopening experience for the chap. He can use some of the skills that ole pop taught him over the years and maybe assist with his future engineering degree in some fashion. At the very least he will learn to hate manual labor like the rest of us. The wife has a few concerns, like how Ive used the same excuse of flipping on several vehicles and so far have kept every one. The fact that Ive been getting quotes to enlarge the shop is another. Best excuse for an addition Ive had in a long whileStay tuned... I plan on documenting the entire fiasco via twitter for all to enjoy
Strat should do whatever the **** Strat wants to do. **** all these other east side bitches; that's just how I feel about it.Posted from my iPhone so you know I'm right.
Wait, isn't that how it always works? Someone asks for advice, several chime in with thoughful, sound thoughts and then the asker does whatever they were going to do all along anyway.

I bought the queen sized bed instead of the full because of Speedz.Edit: And texted that girl who still hasn't gotten back to me. I can only assume shes waiting a full six months. Should be sweet if shes at the wedding I'm going to in two weeks.

yeah it seems that napa is the only person in here that has actually taken anybody else's advice. both turned out horribly too. (queen sized mattress? fag!)

I'm gonna learn to code the excel VBA stuff since I'm basically there already with what I'm doing. that skill should serve nicely no matter what I'm doing. as long as it's not digging ditches.I can automate a pretty good portion of what I'm doin that way, too.

Hi!!!!Heat looked good, finally. I have a 6th floor ocean view. Weather TBD That's it. I didn't catch up from 5 pages ago.

I have a 6th floor ocean view. Weather TBD
I don't know what this means.