I Called In Sick Today

speedz, weigh in on the mother of twins.

there's another one with twins, the sister of my coworker, but I'm far less likely to pursue it. got raped with pills and alcohol once or twice at parties early in high school, got in an abusive relationship that led to her dropping out, then had twins with some retard, and sometime in the last year had a miscarriage with the same guy. sounds like there can't be much of a person left in there with all of that baggage. it's really sad, she's really cute, my height, thin, etc. my coworker obviously wanted to see it happen because this girl desperately needs a stable, reliable boyfriend.this is all you can hope to find in my age group in a town like this, as I have said before.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Not you.

I liked ron's response more.
Well that's fine, but, although I haven't read his responses, I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that they were neither more succinct nor more correct than mine.
Well that's fine, but, although I haven't read his responses, I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that they were neither more succinct nor more correct than mine.
fairly high bar.
And that other girl sounds perfect for a pump and dump. What happens though, is ya go in with that intention, then you see a glimmer of a real person in there, she's good to you, always eager to please, make you happy. You haven't had that much in your life and you like it. You treat her better than any guy ever has and ya know, it just works. You date for a while, fall in love (I know, right?) and BAM, she falls back in the sack with the baby daddy, gets prego and next thing ya know, you're on Maury Hey, I guess anyone can write one of those Directv commercials huh Suited?
honestly, I might still go on a date with her at some point. dating experience is something I'm going to need if this desire for companionship doesn't go away.
Oh, you were looking for jokes. I only have time for serious advice, I'm almost a doctor for god's sake.
my brother, the doctor, told me he stopped watching a TV show over a situation where a vet re-attached someone's hand and it worked. fully quit the series. I think it was prison break or something, I wasn't really listening.
my brother, the actual doctor, told me he stopped watching a TV show over a situation where a vet re-attached someone's hand and it worked. fully quit the series. I think it was prison break or something, I wasn't really listening.
Because the procedure was unrealistic or because a vet couldn't perform it? Not for nothing, but vets can do ANYTHING.There's a girl in my apartment complex whose dog plays with Griz once or twice a week in the little park we have on site. She told me yesterday that she had successfully defended her dissertation. Me: Congrats.Her: Thanks. I'm a doctor!Me: Well, sort of.Her: ...Me: I mean...Clearly I'm unsure about how to use the phrase "not for nothing"
The reason is that "installing" software is a somewhat meaningless term. In a Unix operating system, you don't install things. You have executables somewhere in your hard drive that you can run. That executable can sit anywhere. The only requirement is that it is compiled on your system, which is usually what happens when you think you're "installing" something.. The firefox icon thing is really a mac-special type of file called a package (.pkg). That package contains the executable and all of the files necessary for the program to run, but you see it as one single thing that you can double click, or can move to an applications folder, or to your dock, or whatever.
Almost all true, except this is a .app file. A .pkg file is an installer package, which will run and put files in various places on your system. To see the files inside the .app package, you can right-click and choose "Show Package Contents". Can be fun to poke around inside those. (also, you can install pre-compiled binaries on linux. e.g., apt-get install, or some other package manager, so compiling != installing. Installing is the step after compiling, when the executables are put in places they will be found. )Shake can now enjoy the wonders of unix on his mac: the terminal can be found in Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
Because the procedure was unrealistic or because a vet couldn't perform it? Not for nothing, but vets can do ANYTHING.There's a girl in my apartment complex whose dog plays with Griz once or twice a week in the little park we have on site. She told me yesterday that she had successfully defended her dissertation. Me: Congrats.Her: Thanks. I'm a doctor!Me: Well, sort of.Her: ...Me: I mean...Clearly I'm unsure about how to use the phrase "not for nothing"
because he felt a vet couldn't perform it, I guess. I don't think he has anything specific against vets, but being a hand surgeon...do you think you're a doctor? does the public think you're a doctor? should I consider you a doctor?the linux thing. package managers are a godsend, and make linux easily within reach of the average computer-inclined person. I used to manually compile everything... it was a cascading series of problems as more and more dependencies needed to be re-compiled with this or that function enabled. I'm no stranger to how linux works (and honestly probably know it better than both of you, just saying...) but was completely ignorant of os x's guts.
because he felt a vet couldn't perform it, I guess. I don't think he has anything specific against vets, but being a hand surgeon...
How dare he.
do you think you're a doctor? does the public think you're a doctor? should I consider you a doctor?
You mean right now? I'm a student.As for when I get my DVM...I don't know, it's weird. I'm an animal doctor, which is different from a doctor doctor. Not a doctor who doctors doctors, but a human medical doctor. I will only expect to be called "doctor" when I'm at work. I'm not a doctor, I'm a vet. Or will be. Hopefully.
You mean right now? I'm a student.As for when I get my DVM...I don't know, it's weird. I'm an animal doctor, which is different from a doctor doctor. Not a doctor who doctors doctors, but a human medical doctor. I will only expect to be called "doctor" when I'm at work. I'm not a doctor, I'm a vet. Or will be. Hopefully.
hmmmm... MD. yeah. do we still call a DDS 'doctor'? I was thinking I could slight my older brother by referring to my oldest brother as the only doctor in the family.

I'm pretty sure I've used the same pc in the office for five or six years...That's like fifty in cOmputer years, no?If I ever get shot while robbing a bank or something I would definately wake speedy up in the middle of the.night to remove the bullet....I have more to add but this old phone is three months old and about to

Yes, it's quite a complicated scenario.Yes, it's quite a simple scenario.
ha, this is what I thought when I read ron's post too. he sure it STUPID huh speedz?
Almost all true, except this is a .app file. A .pkg file is an installer package, which will run and put files in various places on your system. To see the files inside the .app package, you can right-click and choose "Show Package Contents". Can be fun to poke around inside those. (also, you can install pre-compiled binaries on linux. e.g., apt-get install, or some other package manager, so compiling != installing. Installing is the step after compiling, when the executables are put in places they will be found. )Shake can now enjoy the wonders of unix on his mac: the terminal can be found in Applications/Utilities/Terminal.
god damn it nobody told me I had to be smart to own one of these things.also there is no "right click" so I have no idea what you mean there.edit: oh yeah, I'm using this account now too. this one for my old computer, shake for my new, and izuma for my phone. f signing out and signing back in in its a.
also there is no "right click" so I have no idea what you mean there.
oh man nevermind, I just figured this out and now a whole world of possibilities has opened up for me! I'm so excited!
Ack, you're right, I switched .app with .pkg.While you're here, I realize that I'm somewhat confused about when mac applications are compiled. If I download a disk image of an application and drag it to my applications directory, does any compilation take place? Or do mac applications simply have pre-compiled binaries? I guess the latter would mean they have different binaries for the various mac architectures?
(also, you can install pre-compiled binaries on linux. e.g., apt-get install, or some other package manager, so compiling != installing. Installing is the step after compiling, when the executables are put in places they will be found. )
Sure, they're different things. I can compile but not install, or install but not compile
god damn it nobody told me I had to be smart to own one of these things.
Not really. The mac "App Store," ie the one that runs on your computer (not through your phone) allows you to download an install almost anything you'd need simply by clicking (I don't think you even need to deal with that mysterious drag to applications folder stuff). Just type "app store" in spotlight (that small magnifying glass in the upper right).

Hey VB/Speedz/Et Al...what's the ingredient that's in redbull/5 hour energy that makes me feel good and that my life isn't going to be a complete failure, because I'd like to be able to take that for my daily anxiety attack without all of the other stuff that comes in those drinks. Any ideas?Speedz, I'd totally let you try and reattach my hand. Also, I'm super jealous that you get to be around horses right now. My brother made me clean out my tack room out of the barn since he needed the space for his sheep, so now I have all my old tack for sale on Craigslist and it has me all sad that horses probabaly won't be a part of my life for quite awhile again.

"Almost all true, expect"..... everything.