Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I'm sure management correctly assumes that the vast majority of employees in your position do not understand the included link and any associated conclusions.
yeah, well I didn't have enough foresight to bring it into the meeting with me, because I was like 'lol this doesn't matter I'm getting a bigger raise later.'LOL
It's rare for a "shake's house" joke to land these days, what with all the beating of dead horses, etc. Good to know it's still possible.
Thanks
yeah, well I didn't have enough foresight to bring it into the meeting with me, because I was like 'lol this doesn't matter I'm getting a bigger raise later.'LOL
If it makes you feel any better, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I imagine their response would've been something like, "Yeah, how 'bout that, huh? Still though." Or, if they are kind of annoying, maybe they would've said, "It is what it is."I don't like it when people say "It is what it is."

My buddy is trying to get security clearance for a govt project and put me down for a reference. Just got a vm from some DoD guy wanting to chat and sounds like he wants to meet face to face. Feel like this is going to end up with me being like Patrck Batemen vs Detective Kimball, minus me being the one under suspicion.

yeah, well I didn't have enough foresight to bring it into the meeting with me, because I was like 'lol this doesn't matter I'm getting a bigger raise later.'
It's kind of funny that they even bother giving such a ridiculously small raise. It's almost more offensive than just saying they can't afford anything at the moment.You know...almost.
If it makes you feel any better, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I imagine their response would've been something like, "Yeah, how 'bout that, huh? Still though." Or, if they are kind of annoying, maybe they would've said, "It is what it is."I don't like it when people say "It is what it is."
I'm definitely doing it next year (if I'm still with them) just to see the reaction.and yes speedz, the squeeze is pretty laughable in the face of their public filings. I could link them here, but I don't want my poker forum enemies to get me fired.

sure fireso those new earbuds I got live up to the noise cancelling name. just vacuumed for a good 3 minutes without the vacuum cleaner on.

so those new earbuds I got live up to the noise cancelling name. just vacuumed for a good 3 minutes without the vacuum cleaner on.
it was good exercise anywaymy friend showed me this subreddit yesterdayhttp://www.reddit.com/r/listentothis/it's like /r/music except people don't post shit everyone's already heard (hey guys have you heard of this sweet new group called the beatles?!). your shit actually gets deleted if you post already-popular music. I have found like four or five good artists there since subscribing.

For speedz:#1. Cars (2006) is Doc Hollywood (1991)The Plot:A young hotshot professional heads to California to attain fame and fortune, but a random accident strands him in a hick town in the middle of nowhere ... where he'll learn a valuable lesson and find true love.The Films That Share It:We're talking about Doc Hollywood, the Michael J. Fox comedy about a doctor who wants to go to Hollywood, and also Cars, the Pixar film about cars. These movies are so similar, it's almost like they're set in mirror dimensions -- and in one of those dimensions, every character is a talking car.In both movies, the ambitious protagonist is about halfway to his destination when he ends up going off the road and destroying some property. He is then brought before the local judge, who sentences him to several hours of community service.These two judges are practically the same character, but then again, so is every other judge who appears in a movie. At this point the protagonist is mocked by the local residents for his big-city ways, remaining arrogant until he makes a serious mistake that he fixes with the help of a small town veteran, who will become his mentor. That's ... a pretty specific sequence of events there, Pixar.Oh, and then there's the shared love interest: a sassy, tomboyish female of his same species who teases him about his origins and general manners while showing him the beauty of living a simple life in a small town. Their relationship starts moving forward and they even go on a nice, if unusual, date.So they're hitting it off pretty well ... and then the protagonist goes away to California anyway, even though she asks him not to, because apparently he's still a deeply selfish guy/anthropomorphic car. In California, he performs his job admirably but secretly feels nostalgic about his time in the small town (which we know because he closes his eyes and looks real serious).Finally, he's offered a contract by the big company he was hoping for, but a visit from his quirkily unsophisticated friends convinces him to ditch California in favor of the small town, where he's reunited with his love interest.6 Movies That Inadvertently Remade Other Movies

Why for me? Did you somehow remember that I love Doc Hollywood? I can't think of any other reason why that link would be for me, but I also can't imagine how a human being could remember the one, maybe two times I've mentioned that movie, probably years ago.I enjoyed this: "The military-type dudes in each film are actually pretty different: One of them betrays his own people and kills for money and power, and the other is not a Disney cartoon."I actually happen to be a fan of the Atlantis movie, and don't understand why it didn't do better. Or, I understand, but I don't like it.

or maybe you could bring a list of things you've done?
Hm.
You could email them a day9 video and then threaten to do it again.
Heh.
so those new earbuds I got live up to the noise cancelling name. just vacuumed for a good 3 minutes without the vacuum cleaner on.
Nice.
Why for me? Did you somehow remember that I love Doc Hollywood? I can't think of any other reason why that link would be for me, but I also can't imagine how a human being could remember the one, maybe two times I've mentioned that movie, probably years ago.
I feel like you've mentioned it more than a couple times.
I particularly enjoyed Doc Hollywood. This film certainly will not illuminate everyone to the intricacies of free-will versus predestination, but it sheds some light into thinking that perhaps, as Paul Schrader alluded, the two do indeed work in tandem. Even Michael Caton-Jones may not be aware of all the complex insights that his film possibly provide. Doc Hollywood, though, must be given more than the simple recognition of "fun entertainment." The fact that the film's images speak as loud as its words, certainly is testimony to the fact: truth of destiny may be understood, but not always expressed in words. In its story and within its images lies a doorway for spiritual and cultural transcendence into understanding the importance of freedom and fate within our own destinies.
Holy shit! The chick shows her titbags in Doc Hollywood?
Holy hell... I shared this with Mrs. Icewater and we laughed together for a good minute or twoReminds me of the time I mowed and entire round without the blades engaged... that was alcohol related, though