I Called In Sick Today

I mean, where would you find the hours in the day to do such a thing?
there are none ocho! there are none!actually I'll probably spend some time next week getting the resume updated to make me sound like I've accomplished something with my life so at least I'll have it handy. if they job's still posted then shit on it, I'll pop that bad boy right on over. either way it's a big company, and by just looking at their job boards a few times, it seems like they post pretty frequently. of course I have absolutely no chance of even getting an interview considering what the company is, but whatevs.also I realized while sleeping last night that I have no plans at all for new years. not that that should surprise anybody, but it still made me a little sad.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've got my bi-yearly review with my boss today. I'm not sure I've even looked at them in the past six months so hopefully I've inadvertently done them and can bs my way through. I'm not to worried though 'cause we all got drunk last night and my boss figured out that I'm probably going to be looking for a new job in the next few months and was asking how much it would take for me to stay and that she'd talk to HR about i, but I'm not holding my breath.

Is it, Shake? Is it really?Like in a dream or something?
yes, yes it really is. and no, during one of my wake-ups. I think this was the 3 a.m. one.
Oh, God. Just farted in this small conference room while waiting for my boss. Was a big one. Really could use that sense of smell right about now.
hahaha

Might have dodged a bullet. Boss's earlier meeting is apparently running long. I abandoned the room ten minutes ago so hopefully it is airing out and I can avoid this review until I get back from vacation next year.

I bet Cane was a networking phenom
Well, his genetics give him an automatic network. Although I suppose in the lawyering world it's not quite a rarity.
K. yes, I still think hard liquor is more expensive, maybe because I likes my drinks stiff?
I guess I look at it in terms of how boozed up I get. I'm fine with one 2-3 oz glass of bourbon instead of two beers...depending on what I'm doing, it can last about the same amount of time. I like my drinks stiff, but I need less of them than beers to get the right amount of buzzed for any given occasion, so it still ends up evening out price-wise (for good beer, that is...as a student I drink a lot of bud heavy, which of course is much cheaper than good booze). Meh, personal preference, I see where you're coming from.
0001tgqa.gif
Mhm.
also I realized while sleeping last night that I have no plans at all for new years. not that that should surprise anybody, but it still made me a little sad.
You aren't going to the new bar?
Oh, God. Just farted in this small conference room while waiting for my boss. Was a big one. Really could use that sense of smell right about now.
Haha.

my favorite wine is $15 post-tax.martin codax albarinoit's fairly common in snooty liquor storesI usually drink this, which is roughly 1/2 the cost:yellowtail pinotsince my parents had brought it back from NC, I was drinking:biltmore centurywhich is actually not so good imoto be honest, I'm actually pretty happy to not be able to tell the difference between $15 and significantly more expensive wines

my favorite wine is $15 post-tax.martin codax albarinoit's fairly common in snooty liquor storesI usually drink this, which is roughly 1/2 the cost:yellowtail pinotsince my parents had brought it back from NC, I was drinking:biltmore centurywhich is actually not so good imoto be honest, I'm actually pretty happy to not be able to tell the difference between $15 and significantly more expensive wines
$15.99 isn't considered that much more than 15.I've never tried any expensive wine. I've been working on trying more styles, and some appeal to me, but overall I still don't really care for the genre. I will give your Albarino a shot.
$15.99 isn't considered that much more than 15.I've never tried any expensive wine. I've been working on trying more styles, and some appeal to me, but overall I still don't really care for the genre. I will give your Albarino a shot.
YOU ARE CORRECT SIRit was mk's rec like 2 years ago when I was wine shopping with/for LG. fun times.

Im not a wine connoisseur by any means, but I have dabbled in the stuff over the years...Not the commercial stuff... good ole home made jackMany moons ago Shane and I experimented with recipes, eventually turning it into a full blown competition for the title of best intoxicant made from miscellaneous stuff found in the kitchen and/or shop...As always, there was no clear winner...In fact we both were considered losers due to the near death hangovers and venturing within a half stagger of divorce court"Jack" as its commonly called is a whole different breed than the store bought stuff with its fancy names and stuff. First off its not quite as clear... straining it through several coffee filters removes most of the fog but it still appears as one of our companies urine samples. Its also much stronger octane wise.... one glass equals a full bottle of the taxed stuff. Two and you can go ahead and take your pants off. Three puts on the helmet....four and heres the floorDr. Shane sticks with his patented "Champagne Velvet" concoction from way back when we were beginners. Its a mixture of peach, plum, pears, and voodoo. I dont exactly know what the last ingredient entails but know for a fact that it triggers several nasty side effects such as speaking in tongues... swallowing them in rare situations. All I can say is whenever someone in the office spots him with a Ouija board and fruit they begin scheduling vacation time Mine is a milder mixture using common grapes, cantaloupes, and watermelon. Although short term memory loss is still present its not as involved and lasts just a couple days...Its easy to make the stuff and costs only a few bucks to run off a batch. No special stuff involved.... I use one of those rectangular two gallon water containers from the grocery store. It even comes with distilled water as a bonus. Throw in some fruit and yeast and rig up an air lock with some surgical tubing and a mason jar and thats it. A few days later strain it and youre done. And by done I mean done in if you drink too much. Worst hangover this side of buying opened beer in Amsterdam. Thats all I have to compare it with anyway... I aint died yetIn other late breaking news...I tweeted about a great idea a couple hours ago. Came to me all the sudden while doing paperwork. Been gathering parts ever since to put it together...A beer fountain. No, nothing like a champagne fountain... not a chocolate one, eitherAs in a drinking fountainIve already taken the one bought at the Sahara auction apart and started the modifications. The hard part is done...I connected the keg tap to the water solenoid and the beer flows smoothly from the mouthpiece after the normal foaminess that all freshly tapped kegs have. The internal reservoir keeps it icy cold use after use even though the keg cooler will be several feet away...All I need now is more line and some extra co2 cylinders....this thing is gonna be popular at the party tomorrow night Of course once the gathering is over it will appear in my shop shortly afterward...