Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yes, it's unfortunate that his concern and lack of accompanying action didn't prevent all the future rapes.
I'm not saying that he is blameless, but out of all the main players, he should certainly be receiving the least of the blame. Like I said, the guy had an office in another building and was a retired employee of the state. That would be like the dean of my political science department being raked over the coals for not transforming into Sherlock Holmes and making sure that an ex-associate professor, who worked in Ross Hall instead of with me in Carver Hall, was being taken care of by my superiors, who I reported the incident to at my home, and then followed up with later. I'M NOT DEFENDING JOE FOR NOT CALLING THE POLICE WHEN IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT HIS SUPERIORS WERE CRIMINALS!

Joe is still part of the cover up regardless. He should quit today, not a couple months from now. You know this guy went around for years diddling little boys and you just sit back and not question why nothing is done about it? The guy was on campus last week. My conscience would not let me just forget and or ignore any of this for 20+ years.

Oh, I forgot to mention. Sandusky's wife is more at fault that anyone at Penn State. Both Sandusky and his wife should be executed.

You guys have a link to the testimony, my Google is apparently broken.
I linked it like 3 posts ago.
Tim Curley and Gary Schultz are terrible people and should be in prison for the rest of their lives.Here it is, Speedz.
You know this guy went around for years diddling little boys and you just sit back and not question why nothing is done about it? The guy was on campus last week. My conscience would not let me just forget and or ignore any of this for 20+ years.
This is ridiculous. Do you realize how big a campus is? The dude worked in another building, and is an ex-employee of the state with negotiated retirement benefits that include access to campus. Joe probably never saw the guy. (I don't know this to be true, but I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to assume that he saw him daily or whatever. He was no longer working for Joe and Joe had no authority over him. )
Like I said, the guy had an office in another building and was a retired employee of the state. That would be like the dean of my political science department being raked over the coals for not transforming into Sherlock Holmes and making sure that an ex-associate professor, who worked in Ross Hall instead of with me in Carver Hall, was being taken care of by my superiors, who I reported the incident to at my home, and then followed up with later.
This was not some anonymous ex state employee. They worked together for years, and Paterno knew that Sandusky had continued access to his program. Paterno deserves the least blame, but that's not saying much.
Oh, I forgot to mention. Sandusky's wife is more at fault that anyone at Penn State.
Oh, I must have skimmed over that. What did she know?
This was not some anonymous ex state employee. They worked together for years, and Paterno knew that Sandusky had continued access to his program. Paterno deserves the least blame, but that's not saying much.
A dean would know a long-term ex-professor as well.
Oh, I must have skimmed over that. What did she know?
That her husband was raping kids in their basement for 30 years?
OK, I don't think I can read past victim one. How many people witnessed things and didn't report them?
Victim 4 is awful.
This is ridiculous. Do you realize how big a campus is? The dude worked in another building, and is an ex-employee of the state with negotiated retirement benefits that include access to campus. Joe probably never saw the guy. (I don't know this to be true, but I'm just saying that it's ridiculous to assume that he saw him daily or whatever. He was no longer working for Joe and Joe had no authority over him. )
So are you claiming that Joe had no idea that Sandusky continued to work at Penn State after raping a child in his teams shower?Edit: man you make me RAGE so much. I need to go eat lunch instead of getting annoyed with your post.I never assumed that Joe saw him daily. I don't know where you pulled that crap from. You are all over the effing place.I work here. A tenant comes by and tells me that he saw my maintenance man, Tom, raping a 10 year old in the pool bathroom. I call my boss and let him know. Next year Tom retires. He gets a job working for my boss at the strip mall he manages. I don't need to have authority over him. I don't need to see him daily. I don't need to continue to work with him to know that HE GOT AWAY WITH RAPING A CHILD.
OK, I don't think I can read past victim one. How many people witnessed things and didn't report them?
Here's a summary.Unreal: "Fall 2000 – A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown."
A bunch of people saw odd behavior (i.e. cuddling with little boys in closed gyms, with him playing it off as practicing wrestling moves), but only one other person saw actual penetration (I think). I didn't read closely, but it sounded like it was an elderly janitor who was all kinds of fucked up from having seen it and also told his boss but nothing was reported to the police, and now he has dimensia.Edit: Of course DA's summary was better.
A dean would know a long-term ex-professor as well.
Yes, and if a dean heard that a long-term ex-professor had raped a young boy, that dean shouldn't tell the university president and be ok with no action being taken.
That her husband was raping kids in their basement for 30 years?
Did she?
Oh, I forgot to mention. Sandusky's wife is more at fault that anyone at Penn State. Both Sandusky and his wife should be executed.
so let me get this straight, you dont want to assume that paterno had contact with him after he retired, even though the grand jury report talks about sandusky bringing kids into the locker room and raping a kid in the showers there. but it's okay to assume that his wife knew and that she should be executed? that's pretty ass backwards. because i certainly didnt read anything that confirmed the wife was informed about her husbands sexual abuse of children. if someone had told her and she did nothing, she'd be suspect as well. but we have no indication of that. i know what you'll say, but how could she not know? but that isnt the point. you want to avoid assumptions about joe paterno but are perfectly willing to throw the wife into the fire. and you're analogy about a dean and retired professor is bad. paterno knew this guy. knew had access to the program its facilities. knew of abuse of children and did nothing to prevent it.
Did she?
What are the chance you would give her not knowing anything?"Victim 7 had not had contact with Sandusky for nearly two years but was contacted by Sandusky and separately by Sandusky's wife and another Sandusky friend in the weeks prior to Victim 7's appearance before the Grand Jury."
He didn't do nothing, he just didn't do enough.
Didn't do nearly enough. I don't think he makes it through the year; I think this is going to keep getting bigger and there will be no choice but for him to step down immediately. What would you do if you were a Penn State player and you were hearing all of this? Is there anybody who would stand up and say "I'm not playing for this school until Paterno is gone"? Should they?Also, Joe Posnanski has been at Penn State the last three months because he was writing a book about Paterno. Do you abandon the book or does it just become something wildly different than what you started with? I'm pretty sure it was going to be a glowing biography of a legend before all this came out.
So are you claiming that Joe had no idea that Sandusky continued to work at Penn State after raping a child in his teams shower?
no.
so let me get this straight, you dont want to assume that paterno had contact with him after he retired, even though the grand jury report talks about sandusky bringing kids into the locker room and raping a kid in the showers there. but it's okay to assume that his wife knew and that she should be executed? that's pretty ass backwards. because i certainly didnt read anything that confirmed the wife was informed about her husbands sexual abuse of children. if someone had told her and she did nothing, she'd be suspect as well. but we have no indication of that. i know what you'll say, but how could she not know? but that isnt the point. you want to avoid assumptions about joe paterno but are perfectly willing to throw the wife into the fire.
I don't think JoePo hung out in the East Area Locker rooms at 9:30pm on Fridays.Also, I agree that I'm jumping the gun on his wife. Hell, I was almost doing what everyone else has been doing to Paterno!
and you're analogy about a dean and retired professor is bad. 1) paterno knew this guy. 2) knew had access to the program its facilities. 3) knew of abuse of children and did nothing to prevent it.
1. The dean wouldn't know a professor he was supervising?2. The dean wouldn't know that a professor emeritus had access to campus?3. He told his bosses. Not once, twice.As a decent human being, he could have called the cops, but what do you tell them? "The university President has been told twice that an ex-professor is touching kids inappropriately on campus, and I've been told twice by the president that the matter is being taken care of, but I don't believe him, so I want to file a report on a guy I no longer have contact with, without any real evidence, other than eyewitness testimony, which I know from the religion forum to be totally worthless."BTW, I think Joe should have called police, since he was in a safe position, and he knew that the GA was really distraught. Joe knew it was real. He should have went over the heads of his bosses.
What are the chance you would give her not knowing anything?"Victim 7 had not had contact with Sandusky for nearly two years but was contacted by Sandusky and separately by Sandusky's wife and another Sandusky friend in the weeks prior to Victim 7's appearance before the Grand Jury."
She could have been in some serious denial and all kinds of fucked up in the head from whatever Sandusky did to her. Don't villify her just yet, need more details.
What would you do if you were a Penn State player and you were hearing all of this? Is there anybody who would stand up and say "I'm not playing for this school until Paterno is gone"? Should they?
That's a lot to ask of a 19 year old who has been brainwashed to treat his coach as a god.
Also, Joe Posnanski has been at Penn State the last three months because he was writing a book about Paterno. Do you abandon the book or does it just become something wildly different than what you started with? I'm pretty sure it was going to be a glowing biography of a legend before all this came out.
I'm very interested in how that plays out. I think it becomes something very different and further reaching.
Animals being dicks. Good old fashioned internetty fun.
Also, I agree that I'm jumping the gun on his wife. Hell, I was almost doing what everyone else has been doing to Paterno!
That's horseshit. We know what Paterno knew. We don't know what the wife knew or believed. Is she probably an idiot? Yeah. Is she definitely a monster? No.