I Called In Sick Today

said it before and I'll say it again, I know what you're talking about maybe 5% of the time.
This seems a little high.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

whether you buy your brooks brothers shirts at the outlet store or not, just promise me you won't be one of these classless fucks who would wear a striped tie with a striped shirt. makes me sick to see people clashing like that.
who the fuck do you think you're talking to? solid shirt, diagonal striped tie; it's the uniform. actually I won't be wearing a tie much since my work is dress casual and the only people that wear ties are the douche bag lower level guys that'll never make it to management. but I did get one shirt from brooks brothers; it was a purple end on end type. the only white ones they had were the "stretch" kind and I absolutely hate stretch shirts, but I think I'll be ordering some more online because it's a really nice shirt. actually went to joseph a banks and got the rest of my shirts. had always stayed away from there because I thought it was one of those mens warehouse/s&k type places, but the shirts were actually really nice so I went for it. either way, I'm a god damn pimp now son. time to watch some mad men and cheat on my wife.
This seems a little high.
just trying to be nice to the little scamp

has anybody ever noticed that the initial party, aka "mitchapalooza," in old school takes place on thursday and friday? i.e. they have it taking place on both? the signs say that it's on a thursday and mitch goes in to work the next day, but then in will ferrell's famous scene he talks about "having a pretty nice little saturday" planned out. WHAT THE HELL

has anybody ever noticed that the initial party, aka "mitchapalooza," in old school takes place on thursday and friday? i.e. they have it taking place on both? the signs say that it's on a thursday and mitch goes in to work the next day, but then in will ferrell's famous scene he talks about "having a pretty nice little saturday" planned out. WHAT THE HELL
Hm. I'll have to think about that one for a while. The last of my four close high school buddies has gotten engaged. I find myself having a strong feeling of not caring, and being happy to not be married. I'm 30...I wonder at what point (if any) I'll grow up and not be completely apathetic towards things like marriage and kids.
The last of my four close high school buddies has gotten engaged. I find myself having a strong feeling of not caring, and being happy to not be married. I'm 30...I wonder at what point (if any) I'll grow up and not be completely apathetic towards things like marriage and kids.
You better have a really good gauge on your woman, since she's the only thing that matters in this situation. If she ever hints at anything about settling down, kids, marriage, even with incredible subtly, then you need to start thinking seriously about taking her off the market. If she up and left, it wouldn't be good.No matter how cool your girl is, she's still a girl.
You better have a really good gauge on your woman, since she's the only thing that matters in this situation.
Hey, I matter!
If she ever hints at anything about settling down, kids, marriage, even incredible subtly, then you need to start thinking seriously about taking her off the market. If she up and left, it wouldn't be good.No matter how cool your girl is, she's still a girl.
I agree, but she's young and in no hurry to do anything. We've already discussed the fact that there would have to be a year of living together after graduation before an engagement would be on the table.

no I thought strategy or somebody said the exact same thing in some other thread recently. thought it might be from a show or something.

Not very surprising: Steve Jobs was kind of an asshole. I think that to get to the level he was at, you almost have to be driven to the point where you're ok with stepping all over people, so it's at least understandable and maybe a necessary evil.Moderately surprising: Steve Jobs was kind of an idiot. Oh, maybe a dietary change will have some effect on your cancer? Are you fucking kidding me? GET IT REMOVED.

Steve Jobs was kind of an asshole.
yeaaahhh... I have to think that anybody who reads that article and is surprised by any of hit has both zero knowledge of global labor markets and has also never even been in so much as a meeting with a senior level manager at any company. show me a CEO who's nice to his management team when they fuck up and I'll show you a worthless CEO. or a unicorn. both about as likely. to me this whole desire to cut down steve jobs after his death is just as, if not even more weird and unsightly than the overflow of affection for him from people outside of the tech industry.bet you'd love him if he had a cat WOULDN'T YOU SPEEDZ
I matter!
ah here it is. this is where I saw this before. tactical bear!just did 50 push ups in a row. think I'm gonna try to make that a thing, doing lots of pushups and maybe pull ups in a row. why not. easier than making something of my life that's for sure!
I think that to get to the level he was at, you almost have to be driven to the point where you're ok with stepping all over people, so it's at least understandable and maybe a necessary evil.
yeaaahhh... I have to think that anybody who reads that article and is surprised by any of hit has both zero knowledge of global labor markets and has also never even been in so much as a meeting with a senior level manager at any company. show me a CEO who's nice to his management team when they fuck up and I'll show you a worthless CEO. or a unicorn. both about as likely.bet you'd love him if he had a cat WOULDN'T YOU SPEEDZ
I...but that's what I said, only with more words. You seem to think you're arguing with me. But, to be fair, it wasn't only about him "not being nice to his management team when they fuck up".
to me this whole desire to cut down steve jobs after his death is just as, if not even more weird and unsightly than the overflow of affection for him from people outside of the tech industry.
The whole desire to cut him down? That's the only article written since his death out of the dozens I've read that includes any negative information whatsoever. What the shit are you talking about?

I thought it was interesting. Not the "he was mean about saying no to bad ideas" parts, but the "under him, Apple has become closer to being Big Brother than the rebel" parts.Edit: And yeah, it's meant to be a jab at the people fellating him post-mortem. Why? I don't know...what the hell else do we have to talk about? Ties?

yet you introduced it by calling him an asshole. calling someone an asshole is a commentary on how the person treats people. and that type of comment, plus all the other comments I've seen on here like it, plus all the articles that talk about the "bad steve" like he's some sort of dr. jeckel and mr. hyde, really only serve to try to cut a person down when others are building him up. otherwise, what's the point of saying it? "he facilitated the invention of the iphone!" "oh yeah? but he yelled at his developers!" the point being is that the examples that are given of him "being an asshole" are so ridiculously benign as compared to any other mid to upper level management behavior that I've ever come in contact with that it just makes the example giver seem... I don't know, bitter.

yet you introduced it by calling him an asshole. calling someone an asshole is a commentary on how the person treats people. and that type of comment, plus all the other comments I've seen on here like it, plus all the articles that talk about the "bad steve" like he's some sort of dr. jeckel and mr. hyde, really only serve to try to cut a person down when others are building him up. otherwise, what's the point of saying it? "he facilitated the invention of the iphone!" "oh yeah? but he yelled at his developers!" the point being is that the examples that are given of him "being an asshole" are so ridiculously benign as compared to any other mid to upper level management behavior that I've ever come in contact with that it just makes the example giver seem... I don't know, bitter.
He sounds like kind of an asshole. I see no problem with saying that when people are going on and on about how he was such an amazing person. He did some amazing things, but I don't like deifying someone who in all likelihood wasn't a particularly "good" person in many ways. Yeah, that's normal for a high powered CEO, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be mentioned. I don't see why you have a problem with that. Yeah, I dragged it up again after a few days, but again, I'm bored.Seeing footage of a slaughterhouse is disturbing me more than I expected.

well that's because you're a homosexual but I'll forgive you.I think I've been taking up for the "good steve" more than most people because I identify with him some. of course not the talented, driven, genius part of him, but the asshole part.

well that's because you're a homosexual but I'll forgive you.
Dude, it's bad. I may need to slap myself around a bit to keep from being a vegetarian for a few days while I recover.I've seen a cow slaughtered properly by friends on their small farm, and was fine eating it. It's a very different scenario than the real deal.
I think I've been taking up for the "good steve" more than most people because I identify with him some. of course not the talented, driven, genius part of him, but the asshole part.
Fair enough.
show me a CEO who's nice to his management team when they fuck up and I'll show you a worthless CEO. or a unicorn. both about as likely.
There's a difference between being critical/pushing people and attacking them personally. Jobs did the latter often enough to get him a bad reputation. Not all CEO's, even successful, were as personally harsh to their employers as Jobs was. It's not trying to "attack him after his death to be cool," it's the truth, and an important aspect of his personality.

wait, he attacked people personally? did he call them fat? say their hair looked stupid? I haven't read any of that.