Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Did nobody listen to my bird call? Why is no one talking about it? It's a Mourning Dove, in case you were curious.

A few elections ago there was a proposal on our ballot to allow the killing of morning doves.
It just got approved in Iowa this Spring. I think it has one of the most distinct/awesome calls in the entire bird kingdom, but apparently there must be a lot of them, if states are opening up hunting.This reminds me of one of the funniest Conan moments in recent memory.
A few elections ago there was a proposal on our ballot to allow the killing of mourning doves.
fyp. It's called that because their call is so mournful, which makes it even better.
fyp. It's called that because their call is so mournful, which makes it even better.
The sound is clearly so bad that people want the right to shoot them so they don't have to listen to their incessant crying.I voted no on shooting them though.

For my entire life, whenever I'm really hungry what I crave is some verson of red meat. Maybe a steak, maybe a burger, pizza with a meaty topping, etc. For the past five days I've been doing the low carb thing, and all of a sudden all I want is a giant bowl of cereal, pasta, etc. I can't decide if I just want what I can't have, or if my body is really telling my brain to ask for a specific type of food. Weird.So if a friend and I text back and forth about a dozen times about his parents dog, with him asking a bunch of question about it's newly diagnosed disease and whether or not they should treat it, is it that much to ask that he thank me at some point? It's really impressive how inconsiderate people can be. Am I experiencing carb rage?

So I was just out walking Griz, and he decided that it would be a good idea to keep walking into bushes in order to pee in them, as opposed to stopping alongside in order to pee on them. After the third time, I decided to stay put for a moment in order to have a conversation about this disturbing trend. As I solemnly chastised him for making poor life decisions, and attempted to appeal to his sense of dignity, I realized there was a guy standing about ten feet away from us, smoking a cigarette, clearly listening in on our little talk. I believe I became aware of my surroundings right around the time when I was saying, "For fuck's sake, have some self-respect." I didn't say anything to the guy. I'm pretty sure a "I'm not crazy, I swear!" speech would have been lost on him, and for good reason.

For my entire life, whenever I'm really hungry what I crave is some verson of red meat. Maybe a steak, maybe a burger, pizza with a meaty topping, etc. For the past five days I've been doing the low carb thing, and all of a sudden all I want is a giant bowl of cereal, pasta, etc. I can't decide if I just want what I can't have, or if my body is really telling my brain to ask for a specific type of food. Weird.So if a friend and I text back and forth about a dozen times about his parents dog, with him asking a bunch of question about it's newly diagnosed disease and whether or not they should treat it, is it that much to ask that he thank me at some point? It's really impressive how inconsiderate people can be. Am I experiencing carb rage?
RAGE!

As many of you are aware, we deal with a lot of Americans on the phone here at work. Some of you may also be aware that Americans pronounce the letter Z as "zee" where the rest of the world say "zed". Many Americans have no idea what you're saying if you say "zed", however, and I've long ago learned to use "zee" when spelling to an American on the phone, because Canadians are fairly interchangeable on the whole thing due to cultural proximity and that damn alphabet song.The australian girl I have on the front desk hasn't learned this yet. She has a fairly thick accent, and the following conversation had me howling this week.Front Desk: So the postal code is One Arr Four Two Zed Three.{pause as she listens on the phone}FD: Zed.FD: Zed.FD: The letter Zed.FD: Zed.FD: You know, Zed. As in Zebra.However, she didn't say zebra like you just did. Apparently the Autralian pronunciation of Zebra rhymes with Deborah. Zed-bra with a silent d. Zehbra. If only she had picked a different Z word for her example. Like xylophone or something. Anyways, imagine the chaos that resulted.FD: I said Zehbra.FD: Zehbra.FD: Zeh-bra.FD: Argh. ZEH. BRA. A striped horse!FD: Yes, black and white!FD: Zee? What?

You learn something new every day.

The new Norm MacDonald sports show is totally awesome. It's right up my alley. It's a half-hour of Norm MacDonald basically doing weekend update. I can't believe how happy this makes me."I would like to tell every Dodger's fan to not worry, the season will get better.... unfortunately, I don't speak Spanish."

Am I experiencing carb rage?
jew rage actually.(get it? cause you want payment? cause you're jewish?! SCORE!!)also, yes, from what I understand you're body does tend to crave specific nutrients when it's deficient on them. no idea why I'm constantly deficient on pizza but whatevs.
Some of you may also be aware that Americans pronounce the letter Z as "zee" where the rest of the world say "zed".
that scene in shaun of the dead makes SOOOOO much more sense now. jesus, that actually had bothered me for a while.additionally, fuck, you foreigners are weird.
bombshell? what, did you go back to college in 1948 or something?
Everytime I "iZuma" I instantly think of"all I wanna do a zuma zuma zoom zoom and a boom boom, just shake your rump!"
I got confused at the "arr" part.
I don't understand why there are apparently letters in zip codes in Canada.