Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Tony says he has no interest in her romantically/sexually because she is a cheater and she is crazy and she has a terminal illness (MS) etc. I believe him. She is not a "fallback" for him. If that were the case he had plenty of opportunity to rekindle things before he met me.
I thought watching every episode of West Wing was a requirement for this thread? MS isn't terminal!Speedz (or JLL, I forget who else loves West Wing) knows what I'm talking about

If this girl ever becomes Prime Minister you should make sure she tells the voters about her MS. If not it can get pretty tricky when she passes out one day and knocks over a crystal serving plate some foreign leader gave her.

Seriously, though. I don't find the need to be able to say "I've never lied to you," rather, "I've never lied to you about anything important."
and this isnt important? contact with a super slutty ex?

Guy worked at the local horse racetrack. Pretty poor and all if you know anything about track people. They have a club on the track that has gotten pretty popular amongst the locals with cheap beer and all. Anyway the kid went out to the car and was going to drive across the lot to the stables and crash. After he got in and started the car the cop came flying up before he could get it in drive. The cop had been watching it and said the car fit the description of one that had been involved in a crime. Kid was showing signs of intoxication but wouldn't perform any sobriety tests or blow the breathalizer and got hauled in.Since they didn't have any "evidence" the prosecutor offered felony reckless driving and my son laughed. Simple reckless and fine okay, felony? Pass. So off to jury trial.Prosecuter has cops go over all the facts that, as Steve said, they write down on the ticket.When he cross-examined the cop he asked him if he always wrote all the pertinent facts down on the ticket and the cop said he did. Ryan then went on a long line of questions re-affirming what was wrote on the ticket as the cop was reading it, e.g.Did you see him leave the club? YesDid you see him enter the car? Yes.Did you see him exhibit imbalance while walking? yes.Did you see him start the car? yesDid you see "tired" appearance? yes.Slurred speech? yesSmell alcohol? YesWAIT! You smelled alcohol? yesWhy isn't it on the ticket? You said 3 times you write all pertinent facts down on the ticket. You don't think the smell of alcohol is important? You said you write everything down, every important detail to insure that memory isn't a problem yet you didn't find the smell of alcohol important enough to write down? Now we are supposed to trust your memory- your memory of smell? Jury- my client worked 16 hours of hard labor and was going to drive 200 yards to a small room and sleep to get up and do it again the next day. No evidence what so ever he had a drink, yadda yadda.

You know, LG, you could always just go marry one of those princes. Isn't there one still available? That'd make this thread hop for a day or two.
I would ditch Tony in a heartbeat in exchange for Harry. Maybe he'll spot me in the crowds on Friday and ditch his ugly South African girlfriend for me.
Tony says he has no interest in her romantically/sexually because she is a cheater and she is crazy and she has a terminal illness (MS) etc.
This reminds me of the time Karl Pilkington dumped a girl because she had a potentially serious medical condition. I feel like everything you do reminds me of something in Karl's life, and I'm not even trying to force it. Sorry if that sounded like an insult but I mean it as a compliment.Note: I know that fanny means vagina in England, but I still don't know what Ricky is talking about.
What do y'all think? Why might he be lying to me? Why would he delete her messages? Should I be thinking about breaking up with him since I know he lied to my face? Is it normal to be so chummy with an ex-gf? Should I be concerned?
Yeah, the fact that he full-out lied right to your face is a problem. I'm not saying he's cheating on you, but he's having a somewhat inappropriate relationship with her, and this isn't a little white lie, it's about something that could potentially hurt you. It could be totally harmless that he's still friendly with her, but more often than not it's because of one of the two in the relationship is holding on to some feelings. It's typically not the healthiest thing to remain that close, and certainly a bad sign that he's lying about it. I feel like Tony has a lot of growing up to do in terms of handling both current and former relationships.
The sex is really good and getting better and more interesting (cue PM from JJJ) so I am loathe to stop now. He is taller than me so height isn't an issue, but I do question whether there is a speedz-type-perfect-romance out there waiting for me or whether my complex personality means I will always find issues with any boyfriend.
Are you calling me and my girlfriend simple?What you're going through is pretty standard for dating...2-3 months is usually when you have to decide to let yourself really get in deep, or that it's not going to work out in the long run. If you still like him a lot and think things could progress to a solid relationship, I recommend just telling him what happened, apologizing profusely, and asking why he lied and trying to work it out. I don't see things working out if you have this rattling around in the back of your mind.Yeah, there's a chance you'll find issues with any boyfriend. Realistically, nobody's perfect. That said, you're pretty young to just throw up your hands and say, "Well, there's a chance that this is as good as it gets, so I'll just go with it." Also, high five!
Tony says he has no interest in her romantically/sexually because she is a cheater and she is crazy and she has a terminal illness (MS) etc.
Yikes.
I thought watching every episode of West Wing was a requirement for this thread? MS isn't terminal!Speedz (or JLL, I forget who else loves West Wing) knows what I'm talking about
It's me. I love that show. And yes, that was my first thought as well.
What you're going through is pretty standard for dating...2-3 months is usually when you have to decide to let yourself really get in deep, or that it's not going to work out in the long run. If you still like him a lot and think things could progress to a solid relationship, I recommend just telling him what happened, apologizing profusely, and asking why he lied and trying to work it out. I don't see things working out if you have this rattling around in the back of your mind.Yeah, there's a chance you'll find issues with any boyfriend. Realistically, nobody's perfect. That said, you're pretty young to just throw up your hands and say, "Well, there's a chance that this is as good as it gets, so I'll just go with it."
I concur with this so long as "progress to" doesn't imply that all these little things that he does that she hates is going to change.
It's me.
It's me too! I think it's a lot of people in this thread. We talk about it a lot. More so when Wang was here. Remember that guy? :sigh:
let us not forget that he lied. why lie is you've nothing to hide? LG is above all reasonable.
LG is above all a woman (no offense, LG). If you're Tony in this situation, you know that while you are probably not doing anything that is logically harmful to your relationship, when your woman hears about it she is going to be upset and jealous to some degree. Women are driven by an unconscious desire to turn us into their sole mates, which invariably involves eliminating competition. Look, as reasonable as LG is, she was jealous enough to check the guy's phone, and to test him on the information afterwards. If you are Tony having some contact with an ex-gf that you are really not interested in (except perhaps in the way that you like to glare at an old trophy on the mantle from time to time), and you value your relationship with LG, its definitely in both of your interests to downplay the interaction with the ex.
This reminds me of the time Karl Pilkington dumped a girl because she had a potentially serious medical condition. I feel like everything you do reminds me of something in Karl's life, and I'm not even trying to force it. Sorry if that sounded like an insult but I mean it as a compliment.Note: I know that fanny means vagina in England, but I still don't know what Ricky is talking about.
Damn Dog I love Karl.
Yeah, the fact that he full-out lied right to your face is a problem. I'm not saying he's cheating on you, but he's having a somewhat inappropriate relationship with her, and this isn't a little white lie, it's about something that could potentially hurt you. It could be totally harmless that he's still friendly with her, but more often than not it's because of one of the two in the relationship is holding on to some feelings. It's typically not the healthiest thing to remain that close, and certainly a bad sign that he's lying about it. I feel like Tony has a lot of growing up to do in terms of handling both current and former relationships. Are you calling me and my girlfriend simple?What you're going through is pretty standard for dating...2-3 months is usually when you have to decide to let yourself really get in deep, or that it's not going to work out in the long run. If you still like him a lot and think things could progress to a solid relationship, I recommend just telling him what happened, apologizing profusely, and asking why he lied and trying to work it out. I don't see things working out if you have this rattling around in the back of your mind.Yeah, there's a chance you'll find issues with any boyfriend. Realistically, nobody's perfect. That said, you're pretty young to just throw up your hands and say, "Well, there's a chance that this is as good as it gets, so I'll just go with it." Also, high five!Yikes.It's me. I love that show. And yes, that was my first thought as well.
Yeah, the fact that he full-out lied right to your face is a problem.Holy shit this is terrible advice! Lying to her face was a sign he is a pretty smart guy! I mean, the first rule for guys is deny deny deny. If he isn't smart enough to know that he isn't worth having. I mean, it's not like he is really interested in the crip or anything. And really, if I guy wanted to talk about his feelings you better run from him. Imagine being married for 20 years and he rolls over and says, "Honey, I'd really like to discuss my feelings again". ARghhhhh!!!I recommend just telling him what happened, apologizing profusely, and asking why he lied and trying to work it out.NO! This is just compounding one mistake with another! You not only want him to tell the truth, now you want her to do it! Next thing you know you'll be telling them to talk openly about sex and all kinds of shit. This never works!Great relationships are about keeping things to yourself and not opening you mouth in ways that will lead to arguments or come back to bite you in the ass. The truth is never worth actually hearing. Geesh Speedz, I am starting to think you're relationship with Karl is doomed if you're going to go base it on all the honesty crapola.It's the same with kids. I mean, I never wanted to hear about their personal stuff- christ almighty- I didn't need that vision I have enough worries. I would tell them to be smart and hide the bad stuff from me. I mean, you know they are going to do dumb shit but at least be smart enough to get away with it. C'mon! And really, that way if they got in trouble I wasn't second guessing my proclamations to the authorities about how my kids were perfect angels.

I mean think about it. If she brings it up it will end up with a fight at best and hurt feelings at worse, for what? Odds are they are going to break up eventually and they can do all that fighting and hurt feeling stuff later. Shit, just have fun and don't sweat the little things. If you find out later he's an idiot so what, you'll move on then. Don't waste time looking for dumb stuff to fight over, enough real stuff will happen unavoidably.

More so when Wang was here. Remember that guy? :sigh:
oh, and uh, I wouldn't worry too much about what he's doing for at least 3 to 5 years.
oh, and uh, I wouldn't worry too much about what he's doing for at least 3 to 5 years.
is he involuntarily visiting scramland?