I Called In Sick Today

I haven't been out for awhile and feel like going out, but my friends who I normally would go out with are gone so my options are:A) inviting myself out with my roommate and her friendsB) going to the bar scene they'll be at by myself and "run into them"C) go out by myself to a different bar areaD) stay at home by myself and do a combination of finishing my bottle of makers, xbox live with friends, self sexting, cryingDecisions!

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Unless they are grenades
Well my roommate is hot, but her friends are "meh" to "bleehh". And wrinkle to this, my roommate actually hasn't lived here for like two months because shes home caring for her mom but she does make appearances now and then. I only know they are going out because one of them made a comment on fb about it and it showed up on my feed. I'm not sure if theyll even be by the house tonight, which would make it considerably easier to invite myself.
Well my roommate is hot, but her friends are "meh" to "bleehh". And wrinkle to this, my roommate actually hasn't lived here for like two months because shes home caring for her mom but she does make appearances now and then. I only know they are going out because one of them made a comment on fb about it and it showed up on my feed. I'm not sure if theyll even be by the house tonight, which would make it considerably easier to invite myself.
Yeah, if they're at your house you could invite yourself, but otherwise that'd be pretty weird. Go out by yourself to a different bar area, and by that I mean strip club, and by that I mean whorehouse.
Has anyone ever heard of The Dangling Modifiers?
Yar.Reminds me, a couple weeks ago for work I was at a place where people weren't always who they said they were. A fairly attractive woman and I got into a discussion, and she said she was heading to Iraq to teach English. Due to her comportment and a couple of other factors I didn't believe her. So I asked, "I've never been able to figure out what dangling participle means. Can you explain that to me?"She kind of blushed and made some nonsensical statement about pencils or something. Ahhh, spooks. Good times.
you gloss over to 'fit in better' with dumber people, as they represent a broader array of social possibilities (and freefalling even further down the primordial ladder, potential breeding opportunities).
Ahhh, Saturday nights. Good times.
Reminds me, a couple weeks ago for work I was at a place where people weren't always who they said they were. A fairly attractive woman and I got into a discussion, and she said she was heading to Iraq to teach English. Due to her comportment and a couple of other factors I didn't believe her. So I asked, "I've never been able to figure out what dangling participle means. Can you explain that to me?"She kind of blushed and made some nonsensical statement about pencils or something. Ahhh, spooks. Good times.
What makes you think she's a spook and not just an idiot who's only teaching in Iraq because she can't pass the boards here? You said she was attractive.Edit: I feel like the above joke could have worked if I figured out a way to make it using only a few words.
What makes you think she's a spook and not just an idiot who's only teaching in Iraq because she can't pass the boards here? You said she was attractive.Edit: I feel like the above joke could have worked if I figured out a way to make it using only a few words.
I chuckled on a slow burn anyhow. But if you were also legitimately asking, "couple of other factors" was pretty loaded.
Weird is good. Weird means not boring.
Eggsactly.Speaking of eggs, I just ate my own little tribute to that Iron-Man Challenge dinner from the youtube video. It was a 2 egg omelette, chilli, cheese, fries, and 2 cornbread muffins. I am stuffed.
So, on my date last night the bill came to $70* and the guy offered to pay $64 of it. I was a bit tipsy and didn't put up too much resistance but in the end I only paid $15 of it and then bought a round of drinks which costed $10 too. I thought that these days it is standard to just split the bill or pay for what you ate, so I feel quite guilty for letting him pay so much. What do y'all think? How do you guys normally pay for dinner when you're on a date?*Obviously the prices were in £ but I have converted to $ for your convenience.
Everything about this is just weird to me. Did he look at the bill and say I will pay $64 of this $70 bill? I can't fathom a scenario where this is an appropriate action on any sort of date.You either pay for everything, or split it.I cannot think of one time in my life I have not paid for the entire date. Maybe a girl picked up one drink or something like that, but...man this is bothering me. I need more clarification on the development of the evening and how this particular situation was verbalized by your date.THE only logical conclusion I can come to is he looked in his wallet and said "Oh shit, I only have $64 on me, can you pick up the rest and I promise to make it up to the next time we go out." But that does not sound like what happened.
Everything about this is just weird to me. Did he look at the bill and say I will pay $64 of this $70 bill? I can't fathom a scenario where this is an appropriate action on any sort of date.You either pay for everything, or split it.I cannot think of one time in my life I have not paid for the entire date. Maybe a girl picked up one drink or something like that, but...man this is bothering me. I need more clarification on the development of the evening and how this particular situation was verbalized by your date.THE only logical conclusion I can come to is he looked in his wallet and said "Oh shit, I only have $64 on me, can you pick up the rest and I promise to make it up to the next time we go out." But that does not sound like what happened.
I thought we established that the numbers made a little more sense before they were converted to dollars.
I cannot think of one time in my life I have not paid for the entire date. Maybe a girl picked up one drink or something like that, but...man this is bothering me. I need more clarification on the development of the evening and how this particular situation was verbalized by your date.THE only logical conclusion I can come to is he looked in his wallet and said "Oh shit, I only have $64 on me, can you pick up the rest and I promise to make it up to the next time we go out." But that does not sound like what happened.
Hmm well here's how it went down: The bill came. He took out his wallet. I reached for my bag and said "What do I owe?". He looked in his wallet and said something like "The bill is £45 but I'm happy to pay for £40 of it". I was really confused and surprised because guys have never paid for stuff for me in the past. I said something like "No I'll pay my share" but then he suggested that I could buy us some drinks at the pub instead. It felt like a negotiation so I said "Okay I'll put in £10 and pay for the drinks". We had earlier discussed getting quite drunk since neither of us had to work the next day, so I assumed the drinks bill would put us closer to even, but since he wasn't well and it was getting late we only had one round of drinks.So, maybe he only had £40 in cash? I don't know. It didn't bother me. Like I said, I was amazed that he even offered to pay for some of mine. I thought that in this day and age people just 'go Dutch'.
So, maybe he only had £40 in cash? I don't know. It didn't bother me. Like I said, I was amazed that he even offered to pay for some of mine. I thought that in this day and age people just 'go Dutch'.
OK, I guess that makes some sense. But it is still odd. If a girl was insistent on paying something, I would say something like. "You can pick up the tip." Then much like Mr. Mexico I would probably throw another $5 on top depending on the size of the bill.I also find it bizarre that you usually go dutch on dates. Is this a English thing? I cannot imagine it is generational. It would be one thing for Speedz lady friend to pick up a meal, or pay part now that they have been dating for a while, but the first few dates the guy should always pay.
"The bill is £45 but I'm happy to pay for £40 of it".I thought that in this day and age people just 'go Dutch'.
Yeah, still odd.I thought that in this day and age people go Dutch if they don't want to feel obligated to have sex."I mentioned the bisque."You know, I don't think Seinfeld counts for this day and age anymore.Edit: Dammit.
But it is still odd.
Hmm well here's how it went down: The bill came. He took out his wallet. I reached for my bag and said "What do I owe?". He looked in his wallet and said something like "The bill is £45 but I'm happy to pay for £40 of it".
Very odd indeed.
It would be one thing for Speedz lady friend to pick up a meal, or pay part now that they have been dating for a while, but the first few dates the guy should always pay.
Women have advanced in leaps and bounds since you were dating. Did you hear me? Leaps AND bounds!But really, the days of guys always paying are over. Unless the guy is dating a hair stylist who can't afford to help pay for his giant steak and expensive wine.Edit: I continue to come up with good joke prospects and fall a bit flat in terms of delivery. One of these times it's all going to come together and I'll blow you all. Edit 2: Away.
But really, the days of guys always paying are over. Unless the guy is dating a hair stylist who can't afford to help pay for his giant steak and expensive wine.
If this is true I'm going to start dating again. (The first part, not the second)I am sure my wife will be fine with it, since I never really had luck with getting any sex the last time around when I was dating. I could just get some free dinners, bring home some left overs for the wife. Win win.
I also find it bizarre that you usually go dutch on dates. Is this a English thing? I cannot imagine it is generational.
I don't think its bizarre at all. I think its probably the norm now. I've even been with girls who I sensed would be offended if I tried to pay for them, like they would interpret it as if I was assuming they couldn't pull their own weight. Little girl can't pay for herself. Yeah, yeah, vb dates hippy chicks.I've certainly never offered to pay 89% though.
"I mentioned the bisque."You know, I don't think Seinfeld counts for this day and age anymore.Edit: Dammit.
I dunno, most people still like a good masturbation contest. Amirite Clint?
He looked in his wallet and said something like "The bill is £45 but I'm happy to pay for £40 of it".
Seems odd. If you go that far, why not just pay for the whole thing? I make it a policy to always pay for meals on dates. It's prevents awkward situations about having to divy up the bill or having to talk about money at all, it earns you some easy chivalrous credits, and it's a good segue into "you can buy drinks later," or "you can pay next time," which sneaks in a stealthy second date.If a girl is too insistent on paying her half, I'd be concerned that it was her attempt not to feel obligated to see me again.
OK, I guess that makes some sense. But it is still odd. If a girl was insistent on paying something, I would say something like. "You can pick up the tip." Then much like Mr. Mexico I would probably throw another $5 on top depending on the size of the bill.I also find it bizarre that you usually go dutch on dates. Is this a English thing? I cannot imagine it is generational.
Usually I don't go for dinner on a date, just drinks. Dinner is a second date for me if it happens at all. Aside from this new guy, I've had one other dinner date, and he did not offer to pay. In fact, since neither of us had cash, somehow I ended up paying.
But really, the days of guys always paying are over.
That's what I thought. I actually emailed him saying I felt bad for not paying my fair share and he brushed it off with "Dinner was my pleasure". So, whatever. I am probably going to raise the subject next time I see him, just to ask why he only offered to pay £40 out of £45.
Well yeah, but you're in a small percentage of even serious pet owners, which is a small/mid percentage of all pet owners. You're the 1 in 1,000 pet owner that has even heard of OFA.
Really? I know the percentage is low...never really thought about it I guess. Sad that so many genetic ailments: Hip displaysia, EIC, CNM, PRA etc... have tests available so you don't (or are very unlikely) to produce affected puppies. Of course most back yard breeders care about nothing but making a buck.
So, on my date last night the bill came to $70* and the guy offered to pay $64 of it. I was a bit tipsy and didn't put up too much resistance but in the end I only paid $15 of it and then bought a round of drinks which costed $10 too. I thought that these days it is standard to just split the bill or pay for what you ate, so I feel quite guilty for letting him pay so much. What do y'all think? How do you guys normally pay for dinner when you're on a date?*Obviously the prices were in £ but I have converted to $ for your convenience.
My only justification for this is that he only had the $64 on him.
I've never asked for a first kiss, but I did have a girl say to me on a 2nd date, "so are you going to kiss me or what?" So I did. Then there was the time I went in for a kiss and I got the cheek. That was pretty deflating.
There is a country song by that name. By Billy Currington I think.
I thought we established that the numbers made a little more sense before they were converted to dollars.
Why would conversion from lbs to dollars matter?
OK, I guess that makes some sense. But it is still odd. If a girl was insistent on paying something, I would say something like. "You can pick up the tip." Then much like Mr. Mexico I would probably throw another $5 on top depending on the size of the bill.I also find it bizarre that you usually go dutch on dates. Is this a English thing? I cannot imagine it is generational. It would be one thing for Speedz lady friend to pick up a meal, or pay part now that they have been dating for a while, but the first few dates the guy should always pay.
I too had no idea it was the norm for couples to split the bill, especially on a first date. Seems to me if a guy asks a girl out, he should pay. Period. Call it old fashioned, but there are a lot of old fashioned ideals that we would be much better off for if they were still practiced regularly.I agree that in Speedz case, after you've been dating for a while, its not such a big deal if the girl wants to pay her way. Though I would prefer to pay, just seems right.I can't imagine Wang is letting Kayla, or anyone else, pay if he's out on a date with them.
Seems odd. If you go that far, why not just pay for the whole thing? I make it a policy to always pay for meals on dates. It's prevents awkward situations about having to divy up the bill or having to talk about money at all, it earns you some easy chivalrous credits, and it's a good segue into "you can buy drinks later," or "you can pay next time," which sneaks in a stealthy second date.If a girl is too insistent on paying her half, I'd be concerned that it was her attempt not to feel obligated to see me again.
I don't know if it's a good thing(for you) but this has pretty much always been my line of thinking.