I Called In Sick Today

Which one are you taking? Also get out of public accounting it's terrible. Averaged ~70 hours a week for 2 years and dogshit pay? No thanks - I left about a month ago.
what are you doing now, dawson?I'm doing: nothingwell, not quite nothingWdoAn.png
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

FAR. This book is like 650 pages and I've read them all, watched ~36 hrs of lecture, shit ton of questions, not to mention college, and I feel like i don't know anything. And I was never in public accounting (not by choice mind you) and have been convinced never to get into PA for pretty much the reasons you left, but, if I ever want to be more than just a staff accountant who makes shit, I probabaly need to get my CPA. Plus work is paying for it, so, f it. Ffff. Take it Sunday fwiw What are you doing now?
You'll be fine. You're going to feel like you bombed it walking out (I did every time), but you'll pass.I took a job at a small investment bank. Hours are about the same but we get real bonuses, which is nice. Base was quite a bit higher too, so I'm happy.

Napa, from what I understand, failing parts of the CPA exam is par for the course for most people, so at least it's not like it'd be embarrassing not to pass your first time. It's not like failing the bar exam or anything.

I'm happy.
Dude, you're always happy. It's why I dislike you.

I've often wondered about honey. It didn't seem possible to me that all the honey in the world is made by bees, but apparently it is true. I just looked it up and came to two conclusions:1. Honey is made in a really gross way. Basically it's bee puke. "In the hive the bees use their "honey stomachs" to ingest and regurgitate the nectar a number of times until it is partially digested."2. I feel really bad for all the honey I've wasted, since it takes a lot of effort for these little bees to make it and really it is a true craft that should be respected.I probably think about honey more than most people. What would happen if all bees died? Would there literally be no more honey ever? I guess maybe we could make a fake honey substance that was very similar, but nothing can replicate the bee-puking process.

I've often wondered about honey. It didn't seem possible to me that all the honey in the world is made by bees, but apparently it is true. I just looked it up and came to two conclusions:1. Honey is made in a really gross way. Basically it's bee puke. "In the hive the bees use their "honey stomachs" to ingest and regurgitate the nectar a number of times until it is partially digested."2. I feel really bad for all the honey I've wasted, since it takes a lot of effort for these little bees to make it and really it is a true craft that should be respected.I probably think about honey more than most people. What would happen if all bees died? Would there literally be no more honey ever? I guess maybe we could make a fake honey substance that was very similar, but nothing can replicate the bee-puking process.
And there would be a moderate food shortage, at least, since many crops rely on bees' for pollination.

hey dawson, I heard colbie caillat at the gym the other day and I thought about you. :hearts:edit: and lg, I don't know what would happen if all the bees died but I'm sure denzel washington would be able to fix it.pre-post double edit: BEES?!

Hey, you're the vegetarian.
This
I probably think about honey more than most people. What would happen if all bees died? Would there literally be no more honey ever? I guess maybe we could make a fake honey substance that was very similar, but nothing can replicate the bee-puking process.
This was a legitimate concern for a while a year or two back, when bee colonies were dying for no discernible reason. They think they might have the cause figured out now, but I'm not buying it until more research is done. It was thrown together pretty hastily with the knowledge that it would be a huge deal if they were right, so the researchers certainly had a lot of motivation to nudge numbers in the right direction.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colony_collapse_disorder
In what ways, and how often, do you waste important amounts of honey?

It doesn't seem like there's any phone freaks in here, but I'm going to ask anyway.I have the Samsung Vibrant, and since their last firmware update, I'm generally bleeding battery life on a consistent basis unless I constantly check my phone and make sure a handful of programs (Download media manager, amazon mp3, and android picture service) aren't running. I haven't rooted it because I don't really want any extra features, and don't want to potentially void any warranty I have, but I can't delete any of the programs that suck battery unless I do root it. The only other non-standard program I consistenly run is the Lookout virus protection, just to be safe, but I don't really download anything on it, so I've just been running it to be safe. If none of the standard programs run, I can get about a full-day of battery, but whenever any of the standard stuff starts up, battery just disappears at like 30-40% of the normal life, and it's mostly just fucking annoying having to charge my phone every 16 hours, while still checking the task manager to see if the standard programs are starting up 10-15X a day. Should I root it just to delete the useless programs? Is it worth it? I've only read a few threads worth of information, but I'm pretty confident I could not fuck it up. I just want normal battery life. Also, I've been drinking 151 most of the night, so I apologize if things aren't clear. I'm pretty annoyed at my "smart" phones inability to hold a charge for anything resembling a full day.

Patton Oswalt just RT'd this:@ShittingtonUK Sean TejaratchiJust finished my "Dexter"-inspired screenplay about a rapist who only rapes rapists! Wish me luck!Stand back, everyone. LG may have a little rage building.

I've often wondered about honey. It didn't seem possible to me that all the honey in the world is made by bees, but apparently it is true. I just looked it up and came to two conclusions:
Honey is fascinating. Did you know that honey lasts forever? It's pretty much the only food that we know of that lasts forever. Honey's complete lack of moisture makes it a inhospitable environment for bacteria and, because of this, it can be used to treat cuts and scrapes.The ancient Egyptians were among the first to use honey. The Romans loved it too. Apparently archaeologists have unearthed ancient jars of honey from thousands of years ago that was still good and in tact. So, next time you're putting some on your toast, take a moment to think of the miraculous substance that you're experiencing.Though, I prefer jam.
Patton Oswalt just RT'd this:@ShittingtonUK Sean TejaratchiJust finished my "Dexter"-inspired screenplay about a rapist who only rapes rapists! Wish me luck!Stand back, everyone. LG may have a little rage building.
Boooo.Also everyone look how enjoyable the honey discussion is. See?
Honey is fascinating. Did you know that honey lasts forever? It's pretty much the only food that we know of that lasts forever. Honey's complete lack of moisture makes it a inhospitable environment for bacteria and, because of this, it can be used to treat cuts and scrapes.The ancient Egyptians were among the first to use honey. The Romans loved it too. Apparently archaeologists have unearthed ancient jars of honey from thousands of years ago that was still good and in tact. So, next time you're putting some on your toast, take a moment to think of the miraculous substance that you're experiencing.Though, I prefer jam.
That was the perfect word choice.