I Called In Sick Today

I'll take a look, as long as you let me co-write your sports betting screenplay.edit: i just remembered--wasn't there a sports betting movie with pacino and mcconaughey that sucked ass? could you make a good one?
Two for the Money - Story of Brandon Lang. I sat next to him at the sushi bar at Nobu in LV. Interesting douche.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Just figure out a way to start building up a tolerance.princess_bride-vizzini-3.jpg
Awesome!
Tara Reid?
hahaha
I wish. We could sue her plastic surgeons for billions.
Dreams!
Reason why college is better than working #468:I can't skip work because I have a bad head cold. Reason why work is better than college #6:I'm getting paid to poop and post this!
See, getting old does have advantages!Who's SkeletonJelly? Oh it's okay, I'll figure it out in a year or so.Hey shake,BOO
what can you "find"? What are the options for what he's "doing"? I don't know what the possibilities are aside from him just being a good player.
It's difficult to explain, but there are a number of ways to beat the books, many of which have nothing to do with having even a reasonable handicapping ability. Actually, what am I doing? I'm going about this all wrong. There is a much, much easier way to handle this. There is a huge, HUGE piece of information missing here that I need. I just gotta talk to Big, and I'll have this figured out by this afternoon.
BIA/TB/Wang - Been a punter for 20years. Will take a look at the info. My take - some hot shot who has gotten lucky early on.
It's very, very unlikely he's gotten lucky over a sample this large and results this good. From my perspective, the biggest indicator is the strong correlation between bet-size and ROI
I'll take a look, as long as you let me co-write your sports betting screenplay.edit: i just remembered--wasn't there a sports betting movie with pacino and mcconaughey that sucked ass? could you make a good one?
God it was so terrible. I saw it before I even hated the shit out of touts -- those assholes that sell their picks, pimping themselves using selective endpoints, misdirection, and straight up carpet-backing snake-oil hucksterism -- and I still thought it was one of the worst movies ever. Don't get me started on the title. Two for the Money? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? As far as writing my own screenplay goes, I think I've got enough gambling insight -- poker, sports, props, the sickness, etc. -- to incorporate it into a film, but it would have to be secondary. I feel like all the gambling angles have been done to death, but it's really easy to get good characters out of that world. For example: Big Bookie.If I don't have this solved by Monday or Tuesday, I'll send the component data to everybody who offered to help. Right now, though, I think I've got a pretty good idea how to figure it out.
Don't get me started on the title. Two for the Money? WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?
Rumors have begun to surface that Universal is in talks with Caruso and some of the key actors about a sequel. The sequel, tentativley titled Three for the Money, would take place a few years after the first film, with Lang enjoying success as a prominent football coach until Abrams comes back into his life in desperate need of one last score.Are you going to tell us about this huge information? Can we guess at it?
Rumors have begun to surface that Universal is in talks with Caruso and some of the key actors about a sequel. The sequel, tentativley titled Three for the Money, would take place a few years after the first film, with Lang enjoying success as a prominent football coach until Abrams comes back into his life in desperate need of one last score.Are you going to tell us about this huge information? Can we guess at it?
Go ahead. I've got it now, I'm 99% sure. I have to confirm with BIG, and I probably haven't given enough clues for everyone to figure it out, but it's really, really simple and common. Embarrassing that I didn't reach this conclusion in the strip club with Big. Please tell me that is a made up story. Please.
Baby Cowboy8:49 am6lb 13 oz20 inches
Congrats. Too bad he'll be a completely useless IDIOT for the next few years.
I'm going to Albuquerque!
Make sure to enjoy one of their delicious hot dogs. Mesquite-grilled onions, jalapeño relish, mango-lime salsa, etc.
It's difficult to explain, but there are a number of ways to beat the books, many of which have nothing to do with having even a reasonable handicapping ability.
Go ahead. I've got it now, I'm 99% sure. I have to confirm with BIG, and I probably haven't given enough clues for everyone to figure it out, but it's really, really simple and common. Embarrassing that I didn't reach this conclusion in the strip club with Big.
I'm very curious about this...I really don't understand how someone can beat a bookie without just being good at picking his spots. Or is that what you're saying? He's just good at seeing when Big Bookie has made a mistake with his odds?
He's just good at seeing when Big Bookie has made a mistake with his odds?
That was going to be my guess. Someone who has information what the "Vegas" lines will be and then he just bases his betting on how far off the lines he gets are from that. Horrible sentence. And then he does teasers if the lines are significantly off. I don't know anything about sports betting. Except that it's fun to bet overs.

I would guess the dewd is just betting both sides of games with two different bookies whenever their lines differ enough to 'arb' a profit.I know absolutely nothing about sportsbetting. kyle pledged that he could figure it out in about 20 minutes.

One-upper.That wouldn't get him a good win rate though, would it?
it would be guaranteed profit. kyle does it for the olympics and during college football season with regularity. it's easier for him because he's got dual US/canadian citizenship, which opens up infinite online books.
As far as writing my own screenplay goes, I think I've got enough gambling insight -- poker, sports, props, the sickness, etc. -- to incorporate it into a film, but it would have to be secondary. I feel like all the gambling angles have been done to death, but it's really easy to get good characters out of that world. For example: Big Bookie.
Really, all it would take to NOT fuck it up royally is use the standard mythology of every movie ever.1.) young gun realizes he has an aptitude previously unaware to himself in jedi-dom sportsbetting2.) something tragic happens that propels him on his quest to be super totally awesome (uncle owen & aunt beru bbq hot blonde gf who hates poker walks out)3.) old, colorful wiseman (ben kenobi martin landau) guides him along his path, shows him the ropes, how not to be a douchebag4.) guy who seems bad ends up being good and saving hero a la han solo (rounders f'd this up, but you know, worm was called worm for a reason i guess)5.) inject plenty of lingo/color (big bookie) which gives the feeling of being an insider in an insidery world which young males eat up like 6.) hero wins heaps7.) wang & mk profit
Terrible friend, my ass. I refused my right of prima noctis out of respect for our friendship.
This is in my wheel-house. [/stugotz]
Sitting in the hospital with a wife just about ready to start pushing. Been up since 4am yesterday with no sleep besides a couple 10 min. naps. Shit just got real.
Baby Cowboy8:49 am6lb 13 oz20 inches
Congrats sir.Also: speedz. (on test)