Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I wasn't implying that I wanted that, just that it seemed like a cautionary tale.
I never did fail a class despite missing 90% of freshman year + 50% of soph. so yes, proceed with caution, speedz: you could end up awesome like me.
I never did fail a class despite missing 90% of freshman year + 50% of soph. so yes, proceed with caution, speedz: you could end up awesome like me.
I find it hard to tell when you're drinking these days because, you know, you could be drinking all the time.
I've got a new favourite for you, check out this fine filly: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9a2zPlcV-s
nah, trashy and black doesn't work for me. I like em white and trashy or black and classy. I'm a renaissance man.
I'm so fucking stressed out I have no idea what to do with myself. I have a that neuro exam on monday and am nowhere near ready enough for this point in the week, plus we've had four lecture hours in the past two days that have piled up even more shit for me to learn. I should be studying noon-midnight friday and 10-12 hours on both saturday and sunday, but instead I have to spend friday afternoon driving 3 hours to a wedding to get there just in time for the rehearsal, which will be followed by the rehearsal dinner and then a bonfire. Saturday we have wedding activities starting at noon, with only a few hours off before the ceremony and reception. Sunday we have the brunch and then another 3 hour drive. I can't skip any of this shit because he's one of my closest friends and I'm in the wedding, plus this isn't really a group of friends that would understand the fact that I'm legitimately in danger of bombing the test and putting myself in position to fail the course, which would be horrible on many levels, the worst being that I could have to repeat the year. Plus the general obnoxiousness of the fact that at the moment that whole group of friends has significant others, so all I'll be hearing is about what girl at the wedding I should try to bang, while I try to hide the fact that I'm not drinking and can't wait to slip away so I can get some work done. Oh, also I'm dirt poor, especially after the fact that this guy's bachelor party ended up costing $500 instead of the promised $200, so I pretty much have to crash on someone's floor, so it'll be that much harder to get work done in a room full of 5 people and I'll get very little, shitty sleep.Good times.
STFU
Sorry, I probably should just stop posting until everything in my life starts working out. LIKE SOME KIND OF PUSSY.It's you, Shake. You're the pussy. You're the pussy![runs away crying]
STFU

I see a user named "loogie's iPad". I wonder if he really has an iPad. I personally don't get the point of iPads... they are just big iPod touches, right? They are so awkward to carry and you can't use them inconspicuously so they must make you a total thief magnet. No offense loogie, or VB. I am curious/nosy though.

I see a user named "loogie's iPad". I wonder if he really has an iPad. I personally don't get the point of iPads... they are just big iPod touches, right? They are so awkward to carry and you can't use them inconspicuously so they must make you a total thief magnet. No offense loogie, or VB. I am curious/nosy though.
They're big, but not that big.
They are essentially big iPod touches, yes, but that extra screen size makes it more useful for certain things. I use it mostly for reading. Books, but more often scientific papers. It's nicer than a laptop screen because you can hold it in your hand, and you don't have to print out reams of paper. Aside from that, its a solid entertainment device. The screen is makes watching movies/tv really nice. I think its a great travel device for watching shows and playing games on a plane for instance. Sadly(?) our main use of it now is baby activity logging. We have an app that keeps track of when she sleeps/eats/shits/etc. so that we can coordinate with each other in the middle of the night.
I had a meeting this morning with an 86 year old man and his wife. He informed me early on that he immigrated here from Poland. When I asked the simple follow up question of; "When did you come to this country?" He proceeded to tell me his life story.He was in a concentration camp for years. One of only 27 people to survive. All the others were beheaded with a guillotine, including his brother.It was the most interesting meeting I have ever had with a person whom I will not be able to help. When I thanked him for sharing his story he asked if I would like a copy of his book, to which I replied "sure". He proceeded to go downstairs and get a copy from his car. He dedicated it for me and signed it. I was very moved by this man. Here is his book, I found this picture online. I am guessing he did not sell many copies.157868.jpg
I had a regular client back in my Citibank teller days that came in going sleeveless, and sure as shit, 5 digit number tattooed on her forearm. She caught me peeking and asked if I knew what that was. First reaction was to say "your number for the deli line?" Ok, it wasn't. There is a ton of gravitas when you see something like that. She was open, but we didn't get into a long discussion about it. After all, it was a teller line. Interestingly cool though, in a historical sense.
I had a regular client back in my Citibank teller days that came in going sleeveless, and sure as shit, 5 digit number tattooed on her forearm. She caught me peeking and asked if I knew what that was. First reaction was to say "your number for the deli line?" Ok, it wasn't. There is a ton of gravitas when you see something like that. She was open, but we didn't get into a long discussion about it. After all, it was a teller line. Interestingly cool though, in a historical sense.
feature_david1.jpg
STFU
I mean, that's pretty unlikely. I'm pretty sure I can beat you at this game. For every "STFU" I'll post a random, completely useless fact about veterinary medicine.Nociceptive projection neurons located in the dorsal horn are modulated by descending pathways from the brainstem (periaqueductal gray matter, locus coeruleus, and raphe nuclei), by large diameter myelinated afferents that terminate on these neurons, and by circulating endogenous and exogenous opioids.
I mean, that's pretty unlikely. I'm pretty sure I can beat you at this game. For every "STFU" I'll post a random, completely useless fact about veterinary medicine.Nociceptive projection neurons located in the dorsal horn are modulated by descending pathways from the brainstem (periaqueductal gray matter, locus coeruleus, and raphe nuclei), by large diameter myelinated afferents that terminate on these neurons, and by circulating endogenous and exogenous opioids.
while I agree that facts about veterinary medicine are completely useless, STFU nonetheless.
STFU
Symptoms of parasympathetic lesions of CN III include complete mydriasis ipsilaterally with no PLR in affected eye (‘fixed and dilated’) and no consensual response in affected eye after shining light in unaffected eye. If it's a strict CN III lesion, you see ventrolateral strabismus and decreased Doll’s eye.
I swat bees with it, mainly. It's perfect bee swatting size.

but I mean aren't we all equally irrelevant? it's our niche.and speedz, I mean, it's like you've never even heard of crystal meth. YOU LIVED IN ARIZONA FOR CHRIST'S SAKE.

I hear everybody you know is more relevant than everybody I knowmy radio DJ friend and I once did a back and forth on air between songs with the "I hear..." bit.
I find it hard to tell when you're drinking these days because, you know, you could be drinking all the time.
despite what my incoherent/nonsensical postings suggest, I don't really drink to excess. I bought some boulevard fall seasonal, didn't really enjoy it. I never enjoy it, but I buy it every year anyway. I just get so excited for the new seasonals.I still have like 12 goose summers in my fridge because I mean, this shit's gotta last me until next summer, you know? chris also has a bunch left because he's doing some weight loss prop bet.