Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

We are really worried about Cordy not accepting another cat. Still trying to decide how to make this work. Cordy still has her front nails so that worries me a bit. We were thinking a kitten because maybe she will try and mother it. But who knows. We know that one of us needs to take a few days off work to make sure not to come home with a ripped open cat. I just think she would enjoy having someone to hang with when we are at work.
I mean, the vast majority of cats still have their claws, and you don't hear many (any) stories about kittens getting ripped to pieces. Just introduce them slowly...keep the kitten in a separate room for a few days so Cordy can get used to the smell, sounds, and general idea of a new cat, then for a few days bring it out for Cordy to check out a few times per day, then for a few days let it out for a few hours at a time, etc. Most people don't have the patience for that, but it's the best way to go.Edit: There's no reason why I should have started that with, "I mean..."
For you bookish-types: Jonathan Franzen, who wrote the only work of fiction in the past decade that really blew my mind, has a new book. I'm really excited to dig in.
Is his first book that good? I saw a review of the new one in entertainment weekly, and was mildly intrigued. You've sold me, I'll check it out.
weekend-1.gif
I called and the nice lady said it's a non-working #. She offered this one. 928-453-0313. Tell 'em Foster Brooks sent ya.
Oh I didn't mean anything personal when I said loogie and shake. They just both happen to live in places I particularly want to visit someday (Virginia and Hotlanta). Also I would feel weird about staying with anyone that isn't single.
Sad Panda-JBrad
I AM WHAT I EAT HA HA HA HAwtf
I coached youth football for 10 years and this is what one of the 8th graders said to me when I called him a pussy. TS.
oh god. i'm definitely counting on some idiot/fan factors to help my picks. people in chicago really, REALLY like the bears, who are going to be atrocious at football this year.
Anyone who picks an offensive player from the Bears should have their head examined. Gonna be a long year.
Oh I think its over. I heard a louder grunt and then nothing. Atta boy!
I think the wife has a cashmere sweater I can let him have for cheap.
Hey Brv, I am shaking my fist at your state and gesticulating wildly:http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/08/30/eggs....dex.html?hpt=T1
Isn't Brv in Wisco now? If there is a milk recall, we are gonna start wondering...
Is his first book that good? I saw a review of the new one in entertainment weekly, and was mildly intrigued. You've sold me, I'll check it out.
He's written several, but his last was The Corrections, which is my favorite book maybe ever.
Terrible team. If it's a PPR league, you def should have went WR WR (Moss, Wayne, Austin, Calvin etc), and locked up the best WR tandem, then go best available RB (Mathews, Charles), Schaub, Rivers, Romo with your 3/4 pick. I'm only drafting one RB this year on my teams until the 6th rd, there's tons of good guys that will get you solid RB points (Forsett, Bradshaw, Best, Moreno, Michael Bush), while you're stacked everywhere else.Malcolm Floyd is the perfect guy in most leagues around the country if you know what's going on, unfortunately I live in San Diego and he hasn't lasted longer than the 3rd rd in any league.
Not PPR. 6PT TD, 4PT passing TD 1 pt 10 yards. Boring standard scoring.Moss, Wayne and Calvin all gone in the first two rounds.
Not PPR. 6PT TD, 4PT passing TD 1 pt 10 yards. Boring standard scoring.Moss, Wayne and Calvin all gone in the first two rounds.
I still think your WR corps stinks but if it is not a PPR league than it is not that big a deal.
I still think your WR corps stinks but if it is not a PPR league than it is not that big a deal.
I had my first of 3 FF drafts last night, this one being a 10-team family/friendly league which is like a $30 buy-in, and the results were: hilarious! Scoring is 6-pt/PaTD but otherwise standard. I am really thin at WR, but there were players available at every pick (esp my 5 and 7 rd picks when I was looking for a WR2) that I thought were just obscene values, and I knew I'd be able to grab Malcolm Floyd pretty much whenever I wanted.RAW BUSINESS1. (9) Aaron Rodgers (QB)2. (12) DeAngelo Williams (RB)3. (29) Shonn Greene (RB)4. (32) DeSean Jackson (WR)5. (49) Beanie Wells (RB)6. (52) Jermichael Finley (TE)7. (69) Knowshon Moreno (RB)8. (72) Malcom Floyd (WR)9. (89) Brett Favre (QB)10. (92) Mike Wallace (WR)11. (109) Tim Hightower (RB), Beanie handcuff12. (112) LaDainian Tomlinson (RB), S Greene handcuff13. (129) Chicago DST (I know this pick sucks, but because everyone in this league is terrible defenses were picked really early, not that DST matters anyway)14. (132) Kenny Britt (WR)15. (149) David Buehler (K)
I had my first of 3 FF drafts last night, this one being a 10-team family/friendly league which is like a $30 buy-in, and the results were: hilarious! Scoring is 6-pt/PaTD but otherwise standard. I am really thin at WR, but there were players available at every pick (esp my 5 and 7 rd picks when I was looking for a WR2) that I thought were just obscene values, and I knew I'd be able to grab Malcolm Floyd pretty much whenever I wanted.RAW BUSINESS1. (9) Aaron Rodgers (QB)2. (12) DeAngelo Williams (RB)3. (29) Shonn Greene (RB)4. (32) DeSean Jackson (WR)5. (49) Beanie Wells (RB)6. (52) Jermichael Finley (TE)7. (69) Knowshon Moreno (RB)8. (72) Malcom Floyd (WR)9. (89) Brett Favre (QB)10. (92) Mike Wallace (WR)11. (109) Tim Hightower (RB), Beanie handcuff12. (112) LaDainian Tomlinson (RB), S Greene handcuff13. (129) Chicago DST (I know this pick sucks, but because everyone in this league is terrible defenses were picked really early, not that DST matters anyway)14. (132) Kenny Britt (WR)15. (149) David Buehler (K)
I love this draft. Shonn Greene, Floyd, Favre and Wallace are all sick value imo (getting Wallace and Floyd that late is a coup). I really like the Tomlinson handcuff as he has looked kinda spry this preseason. Does your league have a max on in-season transactions? If not, I would be playing the "pick up whatever D is playing someone shitty" game each week.Never heard of your kicker, as an aside. Buehler?My only concern is I am not sold on Desean Jackson lighting it up again because I am not sold on Kevin Kolb.....but if he works out I like you team a lot. Even if he does not, you should have the RB depth to make a trade.....or if Favre starts hot you can get someone to overpay.
Does your league have a max on in-season transactions? If not, I would be playing the "pick up whatever D is playing someone shitty" game each week.Never heard of your kicker, as an aside. Buehler?My only concern is I am not sold on Desean Jackson lighting it up again because I am not sold on Kevin Kolb.....but if he works out I like you team a lot. Even if he does not, you should have the RB depth to make a trade.....or if Favre starts hot you can get someone to overpay.
No transaction max so I will definitely be playing the musical chair DST game which is especially easy in a 10-team league.Well played on the "Buehler?" He's the Cowboys' 2nd year dude... People seem to think he's gonna be good. And the only real thought I put into drafting a K is "Hmm...decent offensive team? Plays home games in a dome? Sold."And yeah, I'll look to make a trade for more WR help if my sleeper guys don't pan out.edit: and I really like DeSean Jackson because a) the Eagles' schedule is really, really favorable to passing offense b) I trust Andy Reid knows what he's doing in promoting Kolb, and c) the Eagles have enough offensive weapons that teams won't be able to just gang up on DJ so I don't see his TDs from last year falling off a ton.
Edit: There's no reason why I should have started that with, "I mean..."
My posts have a litany of "I mean's," "you know's," "um's," "like's," and "well's." Some sort of posting tic I suppose. Except I obviously do it on purpose, so maybe it's more like a crutch. You know, to sound more conversational.Edit: Should there be apostrophes in there like that?
Getting down to scraps in my draft, any favorites out of the below (it is a keeper league)RBHightowerT. JonesMcGaheeL. WashingtonB. Scott (Thinking about grabbing him)WRBerrianMeachemKnoxMike WilliamsK. Britt
BERRIAN. He's Minny's #1 WR now and Brett Favre loves to throw. And he is healthy for a change.No one else on that list excites me.
I mean, the vast majority of cats still have their claws, and you don't hear many (any) stories about kittens getting ripped to pieces. Just introduce them slowly...keep the kitten in a separate room for a few days so Cordy can get used to the smell, sounds, and general idea of a new cat, then for a few days bring it out for Cordy to check out a few times per day, then for a few days let it out for a few hours at a time, etc. Most people don't have the patience for that, but it's the best way to go.Edit: There's no reason why I should have started that with, "I mean..."
Thanks for the advice. Liz planned to take a week off if we do this so we planned on it being a process. She is just scared because growing up she had 3 cats. They took turns where 2 hung out in the basement while one had free roam of the house and then they switched at one point in the day because when left in the same area the single cat had ripped open both cats. lol
Thanks for the advice. Liz planned to take a week off if we do this so we planned on it being a process. She is just scared because growing up she had 3 cats. They took turns where 2 hung out in the basement while one had free roam of the house and then they switched at one point in the day because when left in the same area the single cat had ripped open both cats. lol
that doesn't sound like a laughing matter to me, steve
i like meachem a lot too, and i think hightower will be useful.
there's someone named hightower? does he make funny noises?

You know, aside from Speedz am probably the closest to their cat. Samantha adopted me 4 years ago and wakes me up every morninig at the crack of dawn and yells at me until I feed her. When get home from work she moseys around whining until I get on the couch and let her sit her my lap. When I go to bed and read a bit she lays on my stomach/chest and demands I pet her. Well, okay, close to her is probably wrong. I'm more like her bitch.