Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So dad was doing pretty well but you never know with his condition. So, given his only request to the doctors was to keep him alive to the first Bengals game (he did make a few exhibition games so there is that) I wanted to hedge the bet and try to take him to a practice. They have training camp at Georgetown college a couple hours away and I knew he wasn't up for the drive, so since the stadium is pretty close (with practice fields) I thought I would try to get him there. It took me a while but I finally came up with Marvin Lewis's email and sent him this pic. That is Marvin's slogan for training camp. Notice dad has his Chad jersey and Bengal's Crocs on.f77066ec.jpgSo he's been doing pretty well until this week. He came down with severe pnumonia and has been in the hospital. I've pretty much either been working or with him all week. What sucks is that the residents (doctors) see he has Pancreatic cancer and is sick and pretty much don't want to treat him. It has been a whirlwind and a battle fighting them over what to do. Monday and Tuesday were grim but he started to come around Wednesday. I left Wed morning and the idiot took him off his pain meds all day and he was screaming bloody murder. A friend stopped to see him and called me. Before I could get there he actually passed out which the doctors thought was a stroke. I woke him up and realized it wasn't and had them put him back on his meds and pain meds and by the next morning he was fine. Well, doing a whole lot better and coherent. Today was even better. He was telling me about being kidnapped and his arms strapped down while people made him do shots of Tequila. It was pretty terrifying apparently. He hates Tequila. He has been asking for Bud Lite though. I am sure this nightmare was from being off the pain meds but whatever.So anyway I got a call from Marvin last week inviting us to come to a closed practice and hang in the locker room right before he got sick. I just have to hope now that he recovers enough to be able to go there (We don't open at home) before he has another setback. The cancer is finally spreading internally so it's anybodies guess really.Oh yeah, I asked him if he had anything to say to you guys, (my friends) and he said if you can't make the party Saturday to fuck off.

So anyway I got a call from Marvin last week inviting us to come to a closed practice and hang in the locker room right before he got sick. I just have to hope now that he recovers enough to be able to go there (We don't open at home) before he has another setback. The cancer is finally spreading internally so it's anybodies guess really.Oh yeah, I asked him if he had anything to say to you guys, (my friends) and he said if you can't make the party Saturday to fuck off.
That's awesome Rando.
Oh, I didn't tell him that I was the one that got his ass beat up at the game which caused them to get all the bad press and institute changes to game security :oopsface:
I think the only way that one requires an oopsface is if you were the one doing the ass beating.

When I was a kid my next door neighbor was a boy a grade younger than me. During the summer he would come over to my house every morning and ring the door bell and ask If I wanted to play. And every morning I would tell that kid no. He was the most annoying little shithead I've ever known. But no amount discouragement could stop him. I think he enjoyed being made fun of. I think he enjoyed being around people who hated him. When the older kids in the neighborhood would get a street-hockey game going he would bitch and moan until we let him play. And then we'd beat the shit out of while we played. I guess we were some mean kids. But for fucks sake that bastard was annoying. As time went by he eventually realized that we were never going to like him and that we didnt want him around. I think he realized how annoying he'd been, pestering and trolling all those years. So he changed his ways and tried to pretend he was a different person. But we all knew the truth. He was a loser. A realllllllllllllll Munson. So we kept ignoring him, and eventually he killed himself. He left a note behind blaming several people for treating him like dirt. I was mentioned by name. My reponse? I wish he'd done it earlier.

thinking about it a bit more, I think my best play might be to go get some kind of a programming degree and abandon it if a job opportunity presents itself.I feel like a programming degree + one in finance would make an excellent combination to make it into trading (on the algo side) by myself.

thinking about it a bit more, I think my best play might be to go get some kind of a programming degree and abandon it if a job opportunity presents itself.I feel like a programming degree + one in finance would make an excellent combination to make it into trading (on the algo side) by myself.
Degrees are expensive. But you should certainly learn programming. It seems you have some free time; pick up a book and learn a language yourself. I guess you'd probably want to learn VBA or C# or some language like that. I would guess that those are the ones most often used in finance.The world is becoming a place where learning a computer language is almost necessary. It opens up such a wide range of options when dealing with problems. I say take a few hours out of the day, go to a coffee shop with a laptop and a programming book, and teach yourself a some things.Computers!
or you could try to have a relationship with a woman. either way.
let me explain something to you about our friend geoffrey here, since you seem to have missed it:things and/or situations which could potentially be perceived to be fun or are tangentially related to things and/or situations that could potentially be perceived to be fun....yeah, he's not having any of it.
Somebody make the LG joke.