I Called In Sick Today

There should be a plateau, but I do think the drop-off is severe, which was the main point of the graph.I don't think there's a hidden meaning.
Yeah, I agree with the point you were trying to make, and I have no quibbles with the steep decline. As far as #2, I think there are diminishing marginal returns to pretty much everything, but my explanation might have been convoluted and, you know, wrong.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Okay. I need your input as well, because you are female. On Saturday night, I got her number and we made, very quickly, plans for Monday night. Dinner, drinks, whatever. I'll call you Monday afternoon.Here:Wang (via text at 3AM, about an hour after getting her number): Hey Jo. This is Wang. You're probably asleep -- if so: whoops -- but I figured you should have my number, just in case you want to screen your calls, Monday. Jo (via text, Sunday afternoon at 130 PM): good afternoon! so i forgot that i am going to grand rapids tonight and not coming back till tomorrow night. i have a bunch of stuff at my friends apt. so i am moving everything to my house and i dont know what time i will be back. it escaped my mind last night. i probably cant go out tomorrow night but i hope we can rescheduleThoughts?
re-schedule. if she cancels again, move on.

In my experience, "going to grand rapids" usually means the girl is concealing an abusive boyfriend who she has tried to break up with several times and had finally gotten away from but is now going back to because his most recent apology was especially convincing and she really does love him after all.

In my experience, "going to grand rapids" usually means the girl is concealing an abusive boyfriend who she has tried to break up with several times and had finally gotten away from but is now going back to because his most recent apology was especially convincing and she really does love him after all.
That was my second guess.One of Bill Simmons' readers suggested that "taking my talents to South Beach" should be the new euphemism for masturbation.
I am going to Grand Rapids this weekend, let me know if she tries that excuse again...In other news, someone gets me:thanks2.jpg
Jo (via text, Sunday afternoon at 130 PM): good afternoon! so i forgot that i am going to grand rapids tonight and not coming back till tomorrow night. i have a bunch of stuff at my friends apt. so i am moving everything to my house and i dont know what time i will be back. it escaped my mind last night. i probably cant go out tomorrow night but i hope we can rescheduleThoughts?
Sounds genuine to me. When I blow guys off (in the bad way) I give an excuse but I don't suggest rescheduling because I don't want them to keep hassling me about going out. The fact that she said "hope we can reschedule" signifies interest to me, especially considering that you have it on good authority that she fancies you. I'd say: don't worry about it, don't read into it, reschedule the date, she likes you, 76% chance of boning as it stands.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure "my friend" is "my exboyfriend, with whom I only broke up on, like, Tuesday." And by "I'm pretty sure" I mean "I have no reason to expect this to be the case, especially because I think he lives in, like, Lansing or something, but come on it's more fun that way. Also, this is certainly a rebound thing, which is good on one level -- no pressure -- but bad on another -- no future. I think, all things considered, I'd rather it be a rebound thing, which says a lot about me, and why my love-life is a tragedy masquerading as an absurdist farce (masquerading as health food)."
Sounds genuine to me. When I blow guys off (in the bad way) I give an excuse but I don't suggest rescheduling because I don't want them to keep hassling me about going out. The fact that she said "hope we can reschedule" signifies interest to me, especially considering that you have it on good authority that she fancies you. I'd say: don't worry about it, don't read into it, reschedule the date, she likes you, 76% chance of boning as it stands.
I didn't even think of that. Good point. I am convonced (not a typo; I just decided I will, when the mood strikes me, occasionally spell it like that, for reasons I can't yet explain), and I shall reschedule (pronounced the British way) presently.

JJJ, the chart is pretty good. I agree with Wang about needing a more significant rise after drink #1, but agree with your assessment in there being a fairly obvious optimal drunkenness level. Wang, there's a huge difference in drink #7 and drink #9.5 in women. Actually, I bet that 2.5 drinks is almost the exact number needed for a woman to go from: primed to: blacked out.

You know what I should really do for a living? Teach. I think I'd be a good teacher. Can anybody see that? Or am I retarded?
You'd be an excellent teacher for any student willing to put with the fact that you'd surely abuse your students for being idiots.
Thoughts?
She wants to reschedule.
One of Bill Simmons' readers suggested that "taking my talents to South Beach" should be the new euphemism for masturbation.
I like it a lot.
In other news, someone gets me:
hahaha @ speedz getting a virus
Yeah...I posted about it in Ouch's thread but was completely ignored. Is there anything I need to do aside from changing my email password?
Yeah...I posted about it in Ouch's thread but was completely ignored. Is there anything I need to do aside from changing my email password?
it's possible that you have a virus/worm/trojan or something other than just a compromised email password. if you changed your password to something real strong and it's still happening, you might think about getting AVG or some other free antivirus solution.
JJJ, the chart is pretty good. I agree with Wang about needing a more significant rise after drink #1, but agree with your assessment in there being a fairly obvious optimal drunkenness level. Wang, there's a huge difference in drink #7 and drink #9.5 in women. Actually, I bet that 2.5 drinks is almost the exact number needed for a woman to go from: primed to: blacked out.You'd be an excellent teacher for any student willing to put with the fact that you'd surely abuse your students for being idiots.
I obviously didn't make my point very well, because this sounds a lot like what I'm saying. I hate ignorance more than stupidity.

Looks pretty good to me.Obviously, a true chart would account for the weight of the girl in question but that's too hard.

I obviously didn't make my point very well, because this sounds a lot like what I'm saying.
Oh, I thought it was the exact opposite of what you were saying. As in, I thought you were saying that there is not much difference between 7 and 9.5. I misunderstood, apparently.The most recent chart is less attractive, but probably more accurate.
Looks pretty good to me.Obviously, a true chart would account for the weight of the girl in question but that's too hard.
We're talking about the female chart here...from the male perspective it's a whole different can of worms.
You know what I should really do for a living? Teach. I think I'd be a good teacher. Can anybody see that? Or am I retarded?
I hate ignorance more than stupidity.
Even at the college level there is an incredible amount of ignorance and stupidity. You would obviously be a good teacher, but not many people would enjoy your classes. Someone like you would love... you... as a teacher, but as far as I can tell, you're pretty unique.
Wang (via text at 3AM, about an hour after getting her number): Hey Jo. This is Wang. You're probably asleep -- if so: whoops -- but I figured you should have my number, just in case you want to screen your calls, Monday. Jo (via text, Sunday afternoon at 130 PM): good afternoon! so i forgot that i am going to grand rapids tonight and not coming back till tomorrow night. i have a bunch of stuff at my friends apt. so i am moving everything to my house and i dont know what time i will be back. it escaped my mind last night. i probably cant go out tomorrow night but i hope we can rescheduleThoughts?
I think you're crazy. It seems pretty straight forward that she actually forgot about this. Do you have a problem trusting people in general?
I almost didn't post it because I didn't want my inexperience in getting women drunk and then having sex with them to be too apparent. But...my limited experience would make me agree with 3, but unsure about 2. There should be a plateau, but I do think the drop-off is severe, which was the main point of the graph. The women I was thinking about in regards to 2 was more of someone who...well, someone who isn't unfamiliar with drinking.
Yeah, I agree with the point you were trying to make, and I have no quibbles with the steep decline. As far as #2, I think there are diminishing marginal returns to pretty much everything, but my explanation might have been convoluted and, you know, wrong.
You guys are insane.
I think you're crazy. It seems pretty straight forward that she actually forgot about this. Do you have a problem trusting people in general?
You've been married for a long time, and I'm betting that you didn't do a ton of post-college dating. Trust me, Wang isn't particularly paranoid, this is really how it works.
Oh, I thought it was the exact opposite of what you were saying. As in, I thought you were saying that there is not much difference between 7 and 9.5. I misunderstood, apparently.The most recent chart is less attractive, but probably more accurate.
24feihk.jpgis how I interpreted it. You need to get them to 7 and then make sure they don't go past 9.5.
Can you throw Mary on that chart in the appropriate place for me?
2vulrgw.jpgWhat do you think, maybe?Also, the re-captcha words for this upload were "tram page." Or "tramp age."
it's possible that you have a virus/worm/trojan or something other than just a compromised email password. if you changed your password to something real strong and it's still happening, you might think about getting AVG or some other free antivirus solution.
Got AVG just in case, thanks.