I Called In Sick Today

I think it will probably be safe to just cross the In and Out off your schedule.
replying more isn't going to make you any less blocked :club:(b)
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

replying more isn't going to make you any less blocked :club:(b)
I wasn't talking to LG. I hate that bitch. (just kidding LG! CATS!)

my favorite 'invisible' text posts: the ones where people obviously picked the wrong color and were just too lazy to fix it. I think ron was a frequent victim.

Obviously at In n Out I will not be ordering a burger. I have researched ahead and decided to get a 'grilled cheese' and 'animal style fries', and then put the fries inside the grilled cheese. This will be a nod to the classic English "chip butty".I am asking for advice though: should I get a shake with that (if yes, which flavour is best?) or stick with soda? I don't want a shake unless it's really good, or classically American in some way, distinct from the type you get at McDonalds etc. I do prefer dairy drinks with chips for some reason, kinda feel like the sweet, fizzy soda distracts from the flavour, but shakes are so unhealthy that I don't want to get a mediocre one.
I guess you'll be able to say you ate at In n Out, but you won't get the full effect, unfortunately. Their shakes are real ice cream milkshakes (which is a puzzle since they brag about never frozen food meaning they don't even have a freezer in the restaurants) and so are miles ahead of any other fast food "milkshakes" like McDonalds, but when compared to other real milkshakes available they aren't extraordinary. Which is In N Out in a nutshell - much better fast food than their competitors but unable to compete with real food.
A black man is cleaning my bathroom right now.Would love to go back to bed and finally catch up on the sleep I lost the past 2 nights, but of course, they're chainsawing trees outside, like they were yesterday when I wanted a nap.
And well the fact that there is a black man with a giant mop lurking outside your bedroom.
This will be a nod to the classic English "chip butty".
:nod:
lol at you still feeling the need to put your almost invisible text.
Really? You think I felt like I needed to do that? That was part of the joke Joey. Give me some credit.
Glad you're back, buddy.
Not sure if I'm back. Just hanging out here under an alias until I shave my "beard." I'm growing more-and-more self-conscious about it by the minute. I work at 6 tonight, which means the beard will be official. Beards aren't real if they're grown in any of the following circumstances:- After a break-up, as an outward sign of one's inner pain. "I am so miserable that even the most basic tasks of everyday personal maintenance cannot command my attention. I am unable to see or breathe or hear; shaving is out of the question."- As a joke, or as the result of a bet -- one lost, or as the means to win one.- On vacation.If I wear slacks and a tie tonight, and voluntarily keep my face looking like this (points to face, furrows brow), then it's an Official Beard.
Nice reference. I think everybody picked the same one. Edit: same path, not same reference.
First off, no way Dawson picked that path. No. Way. Second, Pushing Daisies was such a great show. I cannot graduate from college, according to my academic advisor (<--- strangely unrecognized by FCP spellcheck [<--- nor this, but I get that]) -- and some schlub from the English Department -- for the following reasons:- "The introductory English course you took in pursuit of a degree while enrolled at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor's Honors College -- Great Books -- does not meat our standards for English 101."- "The other English class you took in Ann arbor, Czech 504 -- Contemporary Czechoslovakian Literature: Analysis and Composition -- does not meet our standards for English 102."They seem like they're going to cave on the 101 requirement, but they're digging in on 102. 102 is supposed to be "English Composition," which, as far as I can tell, is basically "writing fucking words on paper and proving you know how to spell shit, punctuate shit, and use a paragraph break." After about an hour of round-and-round, I finally lost it. Bearded Guy: "Look, I'm going to level with you. I'm a good writer. In fact, there is a reasonable chance I'm a better writer than most of the English Department. How about this... I'll make you a deal. You and me, right now: write off. Topic of your choice; format of your choice; length of your choice. We sit in a room for 3 hours, and when we come out , our work is judged by a panel of 9 judges of your choosing."Engrish Schlub: "Well that's not exactly approp-"Bearded Guy: "I'll spot you a judge. I've got to go 5-3 to win."Engrish Schlub: (laughs uncomfortably)I then asked him to name all 13 punctuation marks in standard English -- Thank you West Wing! -- and he missed 6 of them. I'm going. to fucking. kill myself.
If I wear slacks and a tie tonight, and voluntarily keep my face looking like this (points to face, furrows brow), then it's an Official Beard.Second, Pushing Daisies was such a great show.
Am I going to be the first to demand a photo of the beard? I need it to make your "Bearded in Absentia" playing card anyway.Re: Pushing Daisies - so, you're gay now? That show was awesome though. I'm guessing Faggie got you into it.
First off, no way Dawson picked that path. No. Way.
Also consensus opinion.
I then asked him to name all 13 punctuation marks in standard English -- Thank you West Wing! -- and he missed 6 of them.
I think that's a win just to get him to attempt it.
Bearded Guy: "Look, I'm going to level with you. I'm a good writer. In fact, there is a reasonable chance I'm a better writer than most of the English Department. How about this... I'll make you a deal. You and me, right now: write off. Topic of your choice; format of your choice; length of your choice. We sit in a room for 3 hours, and when we come out , our work is judged by a panel of 9 judges of your choosing."Engrish Schlub: "Well that's not exactly approp-"Bearded Guy: "I'll spot you a judge. I've got to go 5-3 to win."Engrish Schlub: (laughs uncomfortably)I then asked him to name all 13 punctuation marks in standard English -- Thank you West Wing! -- and he missed 6 of them. I'm going. to fucking. kill myself.
If this actually happened, I'm going to sell all my possessions, buy a robe and sandals, follow you around, and worship you for the rest of your life.

1. Period (.) 2. Comma (,) 3. Semi-colon (:ts 4. Colon (:club: 5. Question Mark (?) 6. Exclamation Point (!) 7. Apostrophe (') 8. Hyphen (-) 9. Dash (the symbol is like an hyphen but a little longer) 10. Quotation Marks (" ") 11. Parenthesis ( () ) 12. Brackets ( [ ] ) 13. Ellipses (...). Sorry I only got 13.14. Braces ({}). I only got 8, because I did think 8 - 12 & 14 counted, even thought I just used number 8.

I cannot graduate from college, according to my academic advisor (<--- strangely unrecognized by FCP spellcheck [<--- nor this, but I get that]) -- and some schlub from the English Department -- for the following reasons:- "The introductory English course you took in pursuit of a degree while enrolled at the University of Michigan Ann Arbor's Honors College -- Great Books -- does not meat our standards for English 101."- "The other English class you took in Ann arbor, Czech 504 -- Contemporary Czechoslovakian Literature: Analysis and Composition -- does not meet our standards for English 102."They seem like they're going to cave on the 101 requirement, but they're digging in on 102. 102 is supposed to be "English Composition," which, as far as I can tell, is basically "writing fucking words on paper and proving you know how to spell shit, punctuate shit, and use a paragraph break." After about an hour of round-and-round, I finally lost it. Bearded Guy: "Look, I'm going to level with you. I'm a good writer. In fact, there is a reasonable chance I'm a better writer than most of the English Department. How about this... I'll make you a deal. You and me, right now: write off. Topic of your choice; format of your choice; length of your choice. We sit in a room for 3 hours, and when we come out , our work is judged by a panel of 9 judges of your choosing."Engrish Schlub: "Well that's not exactly approp-"Bearded Guy: "I'll spot you a judge. I've got to go 5-3 to win."Engrish Schlub: (laughs uncomfortably)I then asked him to name all 13 punctuation marks in standard English -- Thank you West Wing! -- and he missed 6 of them. I'm going. to fucking. kill myself.
The Freshman Composition class that I took at ISU, labeled 101 and meant to precede 102, counted as 102 at IUPUI when I transferred my credits. I tried to argue that because 101 was a prerequisite for 102, which I was given credit for, it seemed silly to make me take 101 at IUPUI, nevertheless they made me take it. My professor, after asking us to write up a little sample on the first night of class, informed me that she would be more critical of my writing than that of the majority of the class because I was already a pretty good writer. Lucky me.I love the write-off idea, btw. I wish you had secretly been taping that exchange.
I cannot graduate from college, according to my academic advisor (<--- strangely unrecognized by FCP spellcheck [<--- nor this, but I get that]) -- and some schlub from the English Department -- for the following reasons:I then asked him to name all 13 punctuation marks in standard English -- Thank you West Wing! -- and he missed 6 of them.
well, FCP isn't the one spellchecking. You use firefox, right? either way, I think both adviser and advisor are acceptable, although adviser is definitely the white trash spelling.is the interrobang one of the 13?I got Ds in both comp I and II. because fuck attendance policies, and fuck going to campus for the purpose of pretending to critique/listen to other people's bad writing advice.
My professor, after asking us to write up a little sample on the first night of class, informed me that she would be more critical of my writing than that of the majority of the class because I was already a pretty good writer. Lucky me.
yeah, you pretty much have to pretend to be retarded starting out. I never did that, and subsequently never got a grade above a B on any paper. maybe those two aren't related.
well, FCP isn't the one spellchecking. You use firefox, right? either way, I think both adviser and advisor are acceptable, although adviser is definitely the white trash spelling.is the interrobang one of the 13?I got Ds in both comp I and II. because fuck attendance policies, and fuck going to campus for the purpose of pretending to critique/listen to other people's bad writing advice.yeah, you pretty much have to pretend to be retarded starting out. I never did that, and subsequently never got a grade above a B on any paper. maybe those two aren't related.
I think I am going to keep Tampa Bay goalies. Maybe even Vancouver. Will you hate me?
I think I am going to keep Tampa Bay goalies. Maybe even Vancouver. Will you hate me?
no, that was all part of the deal. if I can't get someone to take carolina or anahiem, I'll just buy them out and keep them for a quarter apiece.
no, that was all part of the deal. if I can't get someone to take carolina or anahiem, I'll just buy them out and keep them for a quarter apiece.
Cool. I don't want to take on more goalie salary. It looks like I should be able to sing 21/22 players/goalies and still have about $35 for the FA draft.
I don't think there's anything special about their shakes. Better than McDonald's, but that's not saying much. I also don't care for their fries much.
Yeah, pretty much the only reason to go there is for the delicious, delicious burgers.
I then asked him to name all 13 punctuation marks in standard English -- Thank you West Wing! -- and he missed 6 of them.
The West Wing has given me a lot of ammo since I watched all the episodes multiple times...not just in political conversations (knowing way more than the average bear about procedural crap), but random facts like the one above (even though I'm pretty sure it's 14). My favorite recent one: dropping "good fences make good neighbors" knowledge on a girl in my class that thinks she's a literature snob but instead is just full of shit.
I got Ds in both comp I and II.
That's impressive, seriously.
I can kind of see why Czech does not count as English.
Homo.