I Called In Sick Today

Yesterday I drove around looking to get my hairs cut, but all the supercuts-esque joints were closed for the holiday. Being of sound mind and body, I decided to go to to CVS to, for the same price as a haircut, purchase my own haircutlery set. I figured I'd just trim a sideburn or two, but ended up giving myself the old #4 on the sides and back with a scissor trim of the head-top hairs. For anyone still reading this story: I strongly recommend not cutting your own hair. In other summer vacation news, World War Z is an awesome book.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yesterday I drove around looking to get my hairs cut, but all the supercuts-esque joints were closed for the holiday. Being of sound mind and body, I decided to go to to CVS to, for the same price as a haircut, purchase my own haircutlery set. I figured I'd just trim a sideburn or two, but ended up giving myself the old #4 on the sides and back with a scissor trim of the head-top hairs. For anyone still reading this story: I strongly recommend not cutting your own hair. In other summer vacation news, World War Z is an awesome book.
damn you for not directing me towards the scroll bar!
Does it have to be in Kansas?
can be pretty much anywhere in the US. I just applied to something of marginal interest in friggin' Albany, NY.

Since Steve is talking up his fancy website, I will tell you all about my new discovery: Firefox has an awesome add-on which automatically "snipes" ebay lots for you. You set your maximum bid, and it waits until 6 seconds before the auction ends to put it in. You don't have to do anything else, just leave it and forget it. I already won something I don't need because I was trying it out - it officially works.

Since Steve is talking up his fancy website, I will tell you all about my new discovery: Firefox has an awesome add-on which automatically "snipes" ebay lots for you. You set your maximum bid, and it waits until 6 seconds before the auction ends to put it in. You don't have to do anything else, just set it and forget it. I already won something I don't need because I was trying it out - it officially works.
FYPAlso, even though I never actually buy anything off of ebay, I don't like it.Maybe because I never actually buy anything off of ebay.
Since Steve is talking up his fancy website, I will tell you all about my new discovery: Firefox has an awesome add-on which automatically "snipes" ebay lots for you. You set your maximum bid, and it waits until 6 seconds before the auction ends to put it in. You don't have to do anything else, just leave it and forget it. I already won something I don't need because I was trying it out - it officially works.
That is cool. What is the add on called. Although I could probably search for it but in case I forget...
FYPAlso, even though I never actually buy anything off of ebay, I don't like it.Maybe because I never actually buy anything off of ebay.
I love ebay. I don't buy much but I do sell stuff from time to time. It amazes me how much stuff will sell for. For instance, I just mailed out this today to the high bidder of $44.DSCF0915.jpgPre 1979 NFL football pencils. Found them in a box during the move. Have no use for them so I put them on ebay starting at .99 and boom...$44 for 28 freaking wood pencils.Awesome.

Oh and JJJ,I figured I would let you know that you are right. In regards to me rooting for the Hawks because I think it will help the rivalry between them and my team, the Wings. I was wrong. Sitting on the couch watching the game last night I realized that I just can't bring myself to actually root for them. It is impossible for you to root on your teams biggest rivals. I guess I now understand why MSU fans can't root for UofM and vice versa.

I collected those NFL pencils years ago. never did finish the collection.LG has some sweet wizard of oz dolls that'll be worth billions someday.

garbage plates though. and swimming!3.....2.......1............
14 User(s) are reading this topic (12 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)1 Members: BizzleHaha
garbage plates though. and swimming!
Yes, both of those things qualify as "marginal interest".
Yes, both of those things qualify as "marginal interest".
maybe I'll get the job and we'll be friendsyou said we'd be friends, bizzle

Speaking of Ebay, here is something I posted a few weeks ago on Runner's World where they were talking about all the sites selling Knock-off Vibrams in China. (less the pics unless you want them) Anyway, everyone should be aware that if you google VFF's you will see a ton of sites selling knock off Vibrams. Most VFF's are next to impossible to find right now due to there popularity. Anyway my wife was going to surprise me with a pair and was ordering some then stopped with a feeling that the site wasn't legit when the credit card processor alerted it that it was a non-secure 3rd party site.I sent them an email basically saying I didn't believe it was a legit site and if the order had gone through to cancel it. I got this reply and it's all from China.Dear Randy,Sorry for the inconvenience, our payment system have got some problem and the order you have placed on 7th May was not processed successfully. This is our time limited promotion, the price quoted on our website is very attractive if you really interested in it please contact us timely. Or maybe you could tell me are there any other payment terms you would like to pay for the order?and maybe you should place a now order ~Your comments on our products or any information on your market demand will be really appreciated.Thanks and regards,LucyI sent them an email again telling them I canceled and doubted the validity and got another reply.Dear Randy,Thanks for your time and wish you have a good time .May I know if you have received my email before or if you have got the shoe you want yet? may be you are very busy those days,we don't hear any response from you since my reply. I sincerely hope you will take good care and happy everyday. Any questions from you are welcome.we are in the pleasure to provice service for you. Thanks for your time. Have a enjoyable day. Yours truly LucyAnd well, since I was having a happy everyday I sent "Lucy" this..Lucy you are right I've been so busy! Thanks for reminding me as they are for my sons Birthday| My only question is the color and how they look on feet. Can send me a picture of them on your feet then I will know this is a real site and not a scam. I am old and not very trusting of computers. Thanks and you are kind. RandyUnfortunately they ruined my plan for hilarity with this reply...Hope yo had a nice and funny weekend days.Thanks for kind reply.we are so glad to receive it.Dear Randy, you should be a great and kind parents.Your son is so happy.I very much regret that we don't have the vibrams in our office,the factory and the storehouse is a little far away from here.Anyway, i would like to note that the Vibrams are very soft which are very comfortable to wear. Recently,Vibrams are the best sellers,people like to wear it for sports like runnning and climbing etc.We think that your son will very like it.Moreover,our site is legal,please take is eary.It is very safe and convenience to order from us.For the payment,please try it again,if you tried it with failure,please kindly let me know it. I would be pleased to send you the paypal invoice.You just hope we can provide the satisfactory service for your sinecre clients.Looking forward to cooperating with you in near future.Thanks for your time.Wish you all the best in a new week.Yours truly LucyWell, then guess what showed up in the mail? A pair of Vibram Sprints. I checked my credit card and yes they charged it, and everything was from China. I immediately called and disputed the charge with my Credit Card bank but they did ask if I would return them and I told them they didn't provide a return address and assured the bank they were knock offs. She said if they don't refund it in 30 days they will credit me back.I sent them another email telling them I was disputing the charge but haven't gotten a reply from Lucy yet I have pics I'll add but I don't have them at this computer so I'll add them later.The box and and packaging is exact. The shoes look good but upon close inspection they have the wrong sole on the shoes It looks more like a KSO sole but is even thicker despite the fact it is supposed to be thinner. It is hard plastic with very little give. Also the the stitching looks pretty rough and the insole has some spots that the glue caused it to bunch up and isn't smooth especially in the big toe which would prevent me from running in them if I wanted to.

Speaking of Ebay, here is something I posted a few weeks ago on Runner's World where they were talking about all the sites selling Knock-off Vibrams in China. (less the pics unless you want them) Anyway, everyone should be aware that if you google VFF's you will see a ton of sites selling knock off Vibrams. Most VFF's are next to impossible to find right now due to there popularity. Anyway my wife was going to surprise me with a pair and was ordering some then stopped with a feeling that the site wasn't legit when the credit card processor alerted it that it was a non-secure 3rd party site.I sent them an email basically saying I didn't believe it was a legit site and if the order had gone through to cancel it. I got this reply and it's all from China.Dear Randy,Sorry for the inconvenience, our payment system have got some problem and the order you have placed on 7th May was not processed successfully. This is our time limited promotion, the price quoted on our website is very attractive if you really interested in it please contact us timely. Or maybe you could tell me are there any other payment terms you would like to pay for the order?and maybe you should place a now order ~Your comments on our products or any information on your market demand will be really appreciated.Thanks and regards,LucyI sent them an email again telling them I canceled and doubted the validity and got another reply.Dear Randy,Thanks for your time and wish you have a good time .May I know if you have received my email before or if you have got the shoe you want yet? may be you are very busy those days,we don't hear any response from you since my reply. I sincerely hope you will take good care and happy everyday. Any questions from you are welcome.we are in the pleasure to provice service for you. Thanks for your time. Have a enjoyable day. Yours truly Lucy
That's where I first realized you were talking about shoes.

My softball game got cancelled. It's a sad day in the speedz household.I think I need to take a day off from hanging out with the vet school friends. Recommendations for what to do tonight? Man, it's times like these I wish I lived in Montreal.

valve (game company) sent this out to announce a cancellation. it's chock full of JJJ humor.http://twitpic.com/1t3oal

I think it's time to get your CPA and move to a real city.
I don't have an accounting degree, or the required number of accounting classes. I could study for a CFA maybe.gave some thought to an MBA, ruled it out after realizing I just can't do another two years of painfully boring business classes. can't get loan money to go back and get a degree in computer science. prittay, prittay fucked.
My softball game got cancelled. It's a sad day in the speedz household.I think I need to take a day off from hanging out with the vet school friends. Recommendations for what to do tonight? Man, it's times like these I wish I lived in Montreal.
My team's schedule/record so far: 4-1, 4 rainouts. It's been a slow start.I'm drinking a Guinness or two and watching Jurassic Park for the 154th time.
valve (game company) sent this out to announce a cancellation. it's chock full of JJJ humor.http://twitpic.com/1t3oalI don't have an accounting degree, or the required number of accounting classes. I could study for a CFA maybe.gave some thought to an MBA, ruled it out after realizing I just can't do another two years of painfully boring business classes. can't get loan money to go back and get a degree in computer science. prittay, prittay fucked.
We're pretty similar, you and I, although I may be lazier than you.
You could play poker. Do you play poker?