I Called In Sick Today

Shows me for trusting the "birthdays today" at the bottom of the forum menu.
Feb. 14 is Valentine's Day.The toothpaste was a Valentine's gift.There's a whole backstory.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Feb. 14
shit
the toothpaste was an epic gift.
Shows me for trusting the "birthdays today" at the bottom of the forum menu.
If I got a gift from strat on Feb 14th, it was extremely likely to have been a late Christmas gift. Definitely not an early birthday gift, and very unlikely to be an on-time Valentines/anniversary gift, since strat was always at least one month late with gifts (2-3 months late on average I would say).
Well, it's Governator's Birthday too. Maybe we should get him some toothpaste as well?Field trip to Genpop?
No leave OT. Genpop big and scary.
Whooah, LG was born on Valentine's day? Cool!
Nice job. I think we're managing to thoroughly fuck up the very notion of birthday commemoration.
If I got a gift from strat on Feb 14th, it was extremely likely to have been a late Christmas gift. Definitely not an early birthday gift, and very unlikely to be an on-time Valentines/anniversary gift, since strat was always at least one month late with gifts (2-3 months late on average I would say).
I didn't look up the date of when you actually received it; I just remembered it as a Valentine's Day gift. Upon actually searching:
I just got my Anniversitines (1 year anniversary {13th Feb} and Valentines Day {14th Feb} combined) gift from JeffStrat in the mail. It's mostly a bunch of food, the toothpastes I asked for, a toothbrush to go with them I guess, a nice card, and a newspaper with some articles of interest in it (recipe from a restaurant we go to, review of the iPod Touch, an article by his housemate on studying at KU). A nice haul I think, though my sister will probably scarf down most of the snickerdoodles if I don't lock them away somewhere.
i thought mr shabadoo was implying it was a vday present, not that it was actually received on feb 14. who knows, really?i mean, besides mr shabadoo. and anyone who bothers to look up the post's date.
I didn't look up the date of when you actually received it; I just remembered it as a Valentine's Day gift. Upon actually searching:
Hm, I guess there is an exception to every rule, eh? Anyway, thanks for reminding me how much I don't want to remember those days.SO, I'm listening to the band Funkadelic, the song is called 'Promentalshitbackwashpsychosis Enema Squad (The DooDoo Chasers)'. I'm not making that up. Not only that but the song is awesome. If you like hott jamz, check out their album 'One Nation Under A Groove'.
Hm, I guess there is an exception to every rule, eh? Anyway, thanks for reminding me how much I don't want to remember those days.SO, I'm listening to the band Funkadelic, the song is called 'Promentalshitbackwashpsychosis Enema Squad (The DooDoo Chasers)'. I'm not making that up. Not only that but the song is awesome. If you like hott jamz, check out their album 'One Nation Under A Groove'.
If beans isn't the lead singer I'll be bummed.
Hm, I guess there is an exception to every rule, eh? Anyway, thanks for reminding me how much I don't want to remember those days.
FuzzBall.jpg

I think buying your British Beau toothpaste as a gift is, um, interesting. Or Awesome. Or mean.I was turned down by 6 jobs I applied to in the last two weeks. But, I have an interview tomorrow and Friday. I also got my Florida Bar Member Card today in the mail.....along with a bill for my membership dues. Fantastic.

Hm, I guess there is an exception to every rule, eh? Anyway, thanks for reminding me how much I don't want to remember those days.
that's... kind of mean.
that's... kind of mean.
Which is... pretty normal.
that's... kind of mean.
Which is... pretty normal.
So true. But give her a break, she's still just a kid with an underdeveloped sense of empathy. It'll happen eventually.

So there I was yesterday, reclining back in the pool chair with a large mix of Crown...the black label stuff is excellent by the way... enjoying the sun and minding my own businessAbout the time I started thinking of a refill, I heard the gate alarm buzz rapid fire like it was an emergency or something. Normally the button is activated like that by Shane after the security code is changed, but I knew it wasnt him since hes currently dealing misery to a crew in San Diego. Needless to say, the aggravation of the buzzer was amplified many times by the abundance of intoxicants circulating around in my system. I could probably stop here and let your imagination figure out the rest...but what fun would that be?A few minutes later the glass was replenished and the trek was made via ATV to investigate the probable intruder...or in this case....multiple intruders...(four wheeler surfaces at gate to find three gals waving enthusiastically)"Can I assist you folks?""Yes!.... are you Mr. Icewater?""That all depends on whos asking for him""We're from the census....""Not interested.....thanks anyway""Uh.... we're here because you didnt....""Lady, youre blocking a private drive and as you can clearly read beside that button you beat on way too many times, you need an appointment to aggravate anyone inside... push the red button and leave a message like youre supposed to""Well...we didnt see...."(four wheeler starts)"Well if you couldnt read the sign I have no faith that you could count the residents here anyway"(zooms away spilling a dash or two on gas tank)Later that afternoon I found the form that the wife failed to return and made up a bunch of shit to send back...Maybe the feds will push the correct button when they surface. I just hope the eleven Al-Qaedains I listed adds to the local tax revenue

Beans,I say this out of love and concern for your well being. I'm not sure intensifying DHS scrutiny at your address, or your general vicinity for that matter, was the best play here.Sincerely,Hank

Beans,I say this out of love and concern for your well being. I'm not sure intensifying DHS scrutiny at your address, or your general vicinity for that matter, was the best play here.Sincerely,Hank
Unfortunately the wife intercepted the document and made other arrangements...A few months back they sent some goon who walked from door to door carrying a GPS and a large "dog stick" in preparation for the forms that were mailed. I ran across him walking around the shop trying to figure out if anyone lived inside. He claimed to have authority to stagger into any place he needed to, but I changed his mind pretty quick about that. I made him climb the fence right beside the gate while I watchedAround that same time, my mom was staying in our motor home while her roof was being fixed. I guess the fool thought it was a permanent arrangement, so the same three gals had already been here before trying to confirm her address or somethingIm probably gonna have a banner made that says, "WE'VE BEEN COUNTED GOD-DAMMIT!" and hang it on the gate for a while...

Dwyane Wade's ex-wife is suing his girlfriend for inflicting emotional distress on Wade's two kids.The lawsuit alleges "that the boys received 'medium size gifts' from Dwyane Wade for Christmas last year, while Union got 'the biggest gift of all.'"Union = Gabrielle Union = gabrielle-union-gm_l8.jpg