I Called In Sick Today

No Big 4? And you have to have BS answers to the behavioral questions, do you think people really have good stories about a time that they showed leadership skills? It's all bullshitting. And don't be awkward at the pre-nights.
I'd prefer to go Big 4 but when I get no interviews or anything, it's kind of hard.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yesterday I went to see a play and they had a live monkey on the stage playing an organ grinder's monkey. He was even wearing a little waistcoat. I was in the second row (they put under 25s there, good view but bad neckache) so I saw him really close up. Anyway, the crux of it is I have a new life ambition:1. Go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival2. Read The Divine Comedy by Dante3. Lead a monkey around on a leash (preferably while it is wearing a waistcoat or another outfit, perhaps something ironic like a cat costume or a bee costume)Also I overheard someone saying in an incredibly posh voice "Oughtn't one be able to google that?" as I was leaving the theatre. Highly amusing.

Bizzle is just trying to show everybody how much he knows about everyone and how in-the-know he is. He wants you to beeeeeeeg him for it. It is because he feels impotent in his everyday life.
oh I mainly just wanted to poke the bear. the bear is ron mexico. a big cuddly bear.
you accountants crack me up
oh hey look, it's me seven years ago.
well isn't that just quacktastic
That's my line.MK's post did make me think of Billy Madison when they see his balls after the 100m dash.Tenth Grader: Oh, gross... did you see that guys balls? Tenth Grader: Yeah... they were weird looking. And just because... Billy Madison: Well, I made the duck blue because I'd never seen a blue duck before and I wanted to see one. Miss Lippy: Well, I think it's an excellent blue duck. Congratulations Billy, you just passed the first grade. Billy Madison: Wow, Miss Lippy, that's great. What do you think of that Mr. Blue Duck? Billy Madison: That's quacktastic.
gracias brvy.my balls are: old.but not quite as old as yours........zing!
Happy Birthday, from my 9:30 finance class at Retarded University, taught by Dr. Afrikaaner, whom I have already alienated by ranting about how, no, every individual investor absolutely does NOT have to behave rationally for the efficient market hypothesis to hold. As a gift, I shall mention "my flippin' rad investor-buddy Mike" at least thrice. Those words. Every time.People will think I'm pretty weird. Happy 30th. Or 29th.

Ok, so my wife (who apparently is gunning for wife of the year) told me last night she thinks I should give playing poker for a living a shot. I did it for about 9 months in 2005-2006 and it went pretty well but I feel like online poker has gotten a lot tougher since then. anyway, her reaction to all this seems to be too good to be true. I need to speak with Admiral Ackbar....Also, I am really bored. Like about to do the laundry bored.

Oh man, I finally won something, unfortunately I have a fairly deep voice I think. At least I didn't win smelliest bowel movement.
This reminds me, when I was in High School I took a dump at a friends house that smelled up the entire home. We had to vacate. When his parents got home they were upset because it still stunk the next day.I probably should have gone to the Dr. in retrospect.
1. Go to the Gilroy Garlic Festival
Really? This is number one? Have you ever seen Gilroy? You may be thinking this is something that it is not. Unless you really have a yearning for garlic ice cream.
Happy Birthday, from my 9:30 finance class at Retarded University, taught by Dr. Afrikaaner, whom I have already alienated by ranting about how, no, every individual investor absolutely does NOT have to behave rationally for the efficient market hypothesis to hold. As a gift, I shall mention "my flippin' rad investor-buddy Mike" at least thrice. Those words. Every time.
Hahahaha. Good lord this is funny. My investments teacher in College ended up being the worst investor ever. I can relate to this in many ways.
Ok, so my wife (who apparently is gunning for wife of the year) told me last night she thinks I should give playing poker for a living a shot. I did it for about 9 months in 2005-2006 and it went pretty well but I feel like online poker has gotten a lot tougher since then. anyway, her reaction to all this seems to be too good to be true. I need to speak with Admiral Ackbar....Also, I am really bored. Like about to do the laundry bored.
I don't remember why I quoted this...oh ya, hold on...barackbar_08_he_knows_when_its_a_trap_barack_obama_2008_campaign_spoof_admiral_ackbar.jpg
I don't remember why I quoted this...oh ya, hold on...
Ackbar is an anagram of Barack...I really want to do an Ackbar joke account and start a Dear Ackbar thread, but I doubt it would turn out nearly as fun as it seems in my head. Biggest problem being: who is going to ask Ackbar a question?
Really? This is number one? Have you ever seen Gilroy? You may be thinking this is something that it is not. Unless you really have a yearning for garlic ice cream.
well we have a garlic AND wine festival here in VA in october. suck on that california/lg.
Yesterday I went to see a play and they had a live monkey on the stage playing an organ grinder's monkey.
I would argue that he was just playing himself.
Ok, so my wife (who apparently is gunning for wife of the year) told me last night she thinks I should give playing poker for a living a shot. I did it for about 9 months in 2005-2006 and it went pretty well but I feel like online poker has gotten a lot tougher since then. anyway, her reaction to all this seems to be too good to be true. I need to speak with Admiral Ackbar....
I'd recommend starting with playing for fun and hopefully to make a few bucks while unemployed, as opposed to "I'M GOIN' PRO, BAY-BE!"
I really want to do an Ackbar joke account and start a Dear Ackbar thread, but I doubt it would turn out nearly as fun as it seems in my head. Biggest problem being: who is going to ask Ackbar a question?
I don't think the problem will be finding people to ask questions as much as it will be in finding people to write questions in an amusing way. I see that thread starting out well and very quickly turning into a cluster**** starring chrozzo and company.
Ok, so my wife (who apparently is gunning for wife of the year) told me last night she thinks I should give playing poker for a living a shot. I did it for about 9 months in 2005-2006 and it went pretty well but I feel like online poker has gotten a lot tougher since then. anyway, her reaction to all this seems to be too good to be true. I need to speak with Admiral Ackbar....
While you're looking for a job/studying for the bar, you should try to play like 30 hours/week online or something. I mean, at least give the smaller games a shot, see if you've got the game to make it worth your while. If you can make 15-20 bucks/hr, it'd probably be worth your time, right? It'd give you some income while you get your career back on track. I've put "professional poker player" on resumes before, and I can spin it so it sounds like incredibly valuable career experience. "Well, you have to be a self-starter to play poker for a living. There's nobody telling you when to get your hours in, so the only way to be successful is to be motivated, or at least disciplined enough to work when you're not motivated. There's also a degree of mental toughness required to play poker for a living. Perfection is not always rewarded in the short-term, so you've really got to be able to keep perspective and an even keel. It's really not for everyone, but most professionals learn very quickly how to deal with the frustrating nature of randomness. It also takes significant technical skill -- a range of mathematical concepts, including an understanding of probability and a working knowledge of game theory for example -- to be a successful poker player.There's also an extreme interpersonal dimension to poker, even when you're granted the quasi-anonymity of playing online. You really have to quickly recognize patterns and behaviors, anticipate how those individuals will react in different circumstances in the future, then design a flexible plan to exploit whatever you see. At the same time, you have to be constantly looking at your own play, to make sure you're not falling into any traps or getting lazy. Poker players have to be brutal self-examiners, completely honest about their own abilities -- including their weaknesses -- or they'll be in real trouble. Mistakes have to be addressed and fixed. You have to recognize when you're outmatched, and avoid confrontation even when your pride or ego is screaming at you to splash around. That's not to say there's no room for challenge. In fact, it's quite the opposite: the only way to learn is to sit in a game where you're outmatched from time to time. The best players I've known will always push themselves relentlessly, yet responsibly.Finally, and perhaps most importantly, poker is a game of risk-management. Risk is an inherent part of poker in the short-term, but the only way to be a long-term winner is to plan carefully enough so that risk -- of going broke, losing your ability to generate future income -- is minimized. The best players might not understand this, but all successful professionals do. Exercise reasonable precautions to protect your bankroll, but never play scared, and remain dedicated to maximizing your earnings. It's a tough balancing act, and everybody treats the issue differently, but every professional eventually comes to understand and respect risk, while never fearing it."Well, I've had too much coffee. Don't know how that happened....
Hahahaha. Good lord this is funny. My investments teacher in College ended up being the worst investor ever. I can relate to this in many ways.
I don't know how horrible of a professor he is, but he definitely had no understanding of the theory of the rational market. That's more of an economic theory, though, and he admitted I was right after the conversation, so I respect that.
I really want to do an Ackbar joke account and start a Dear Ackbar thread, but I doubt it would turn out nearly as fun as it seems in my head. Biggest problem being: who is going to ask Ackbar a question?
I would join in. I would have all sorts of fun with this, until I got too lazy.
I've put "professional poker player" on resumes before, and I can spin it so it sounds like incredibly valuable career experience.
One of my thoughts as an interviewer would something along the lines of, "That's a pretty good spin on it. But if he was really competant at any of those skills he would still be playing poker and making much more money than he can at this job." How do you address that? A follow up story about why you stopped playing?
One of my thoughts as an interviewer would something along the lines of, "That's a pretty good spin on it. But if he was really competant at any of those skills he would still be playing poker and making much more money than he can at this job." How do you address that? A follow up story about why you stopped playing?
I'm afraid to even mention poker as one of my hobbies, even though its definitely the hobby I spend the most time with, because of the negative connotations and misunderstandings people tend to have about gambling. I can't even imagine putting it on a resume as work experience.
I've talked with 3/4 of the finalists and can confirm that none of them would be higher than you'd expect. Grinder is 6'13 and sounds like you'd expect, and gobears sounds like your standard Californian. I'm pretty sure I know who should have won that bracket but I don't want to say for fear of angering him.
It's okay, you can go ahead and say it.
Happy Birthday, from my 9:30 finance class at Retarded University, taught by Dr. Afrikaaner, whom I have already alienated by ranting about how, no, every individual investor absolutely does NOT have to behave rationally for the efficient market hypothesis to hold. As a gift, I shall mention "my flippin' rad investor-buddy Mike" at least thrice. Those words. Every time.
I'm pretty certain you should refer to your school as Retard U, if only for the pun value alone.Happy bday to mike. Remy Martin and Meerschaums on me!