I Called In Sick Today

My dad has now admitted that my cat is a "great companion" and is considering trying to convince his very old and lonely father that he should get a cat of his own. A lot of shelters adopt out older (8 and up) cats to elderly people for free, and I've seen it work wonders, so I'm going to try and push the idea. I think it'd be great to give the guy someone to hang out with, and taking good care of the cat would give him as much as or even more of a reason to live as the few times a month he sees the family. I swear, before the year is done all of the male members of my family will be cat loving faggots. That's the power of Cheeto, bitches.

$125 per load
Not cool, Chris. NOT COOL.
We came. We saw. We kicked its ass.
Er...what?
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Ghostbusters.We came. We saw. We kicked its ass.
Ah, my bad. Haven't seen the original for a while, and the only quote I know involves gatekeepers and keymasters.
Ah, my bad. Haven't seen the original for a while, and the only quote I know involves gatekeepers and keymasters.
Are you the gatekeeper?No, I don't think so.*Door Slam**Knocks again*Are you the gatekeeper?Yes, yes I am.I want you inside me.Oooooh I can't. Sounds like you've got at least 2 people inside you already. Might be a little crowded.
Bizzle or MK, or Silky, or Zimmer, or poker playerswhat does ICM mean?
ICM stands for Independent Chip Modeling, which essentially boils down to the fact that the normal way of determining the actual money value of your chips in a tournament is in fact, wrong. At the start of a tourney, your chips model linearly-essentially, if you start a $10 tournament with 1500 chips, and then double, essentially you now have approximately $20 worth of chips.As you get down towards the end, though, your chips are no longer linear in terms of value-the difference in value between having 0 chips and 10000 chips is much, much larger than the difference in value between having 90000 chips and having 100000 chips. Instead of taking your chip count and figuring out how large of a percentage of the remaining prize pool you get, instead it takes all of the stacks and figures out the probability of finishing in each place, and then assigning the value of your stack based on that.
I can't imagine what gave you that impression.I just remembered another schoolyard fact. People at my school used to play this game called "Butts Up". Did anyone else play this? You threw a racquetball at the wall, and if the rebound touched you without you catching it, you had to go "Butts Up" against the wall and some kid would peg you as hard as he could with the ball. Man, it was a hard life back in the yard.
It's called wallball as far as I know. I don't know about you but the rules we played were if you bobbled the ball without catching it, you had to sprint to the wall and touch it before somebody threw the ball off the wall, 3 strikes and you had to go to the wall to get pegged or some similar variation. We also played smear the queer, although i thought it was a pretty terrible game.
I'm not any of the above people, however:Independent Chip ModelingYa, I don't understand it either.
A fairly simple example of ICM affects are when there are extremely short stacks at a final table. If you have 15 bbs, and a player at the table has 3 bbs, and the chipleader shoves all in on your big blind, you have to call significantly tighter than you would if the stacks were equal. It's basically something that old people understood from day 1 but math nerds felt the need to quantify it.
I'm not any of the above people, however:Independent Chip ModelingYa, I don't understand it either.
thanks sir
ICM stands for Independent Chip Modeling, which essentially boils down to the fact that the normal way of determining the actual money value of your chips in a tournament is in fact, wrong. At the start of a tourney, your chips model linearly-essentially, if you start a $10 tournament with 1500 chips, and then double, essentially you now have approximately $20 worth of chips.As you get down towards the end, though, your chips are no longer linear in terms of value-the difference in value between having 0 chips and 10000 chips is much, much larger than the difference in value between having 90000 chips and having 100000 chips. Instead of taking your chip count and figuring out how large of a percentage of the remaining prize pool you get, instead it takes all of the stacks and figures out the probability of finishing in each place, and then assigning the value of your stack based on that.
jesus that's deep. Is it totally necessary? I mean, pardon my ignorance, but does it really factor in to tourney poker very much? Don't you play to win and take each individual hand on it's own? Sure, I can see folding away marginal hands to find better spots due to payouts, etc, but is all that calculating really done?If you saw the Vtlaxer thread where he mentioned this, where he was 2nd in chips and raised from the sb with AKc and the bb jammed, who was the superstack, and folded, then mentioned ICM. I don't know, I got sidetracked, but to me, in my simplistic way of thinking, if money isn't the issue, either you're ahead in the hand or not, and either you want to go for it or not go for it and avoid the big stack until more players are gone, the cash value of the chips has little to do with it.I rambled, jumped off topic and jerked off in the middle of that post. Ignore if you choose.
A fairly simple example of ICM affects are when there are extremely short stacks at a final table. If you have 15 bbs, and a player at the table has 3 bbs, and the chipleader shoves all in on your big blind, you have to call significantly tighter than you would if the stacks were equal. It's basically something that old people understood from day 1 but math nerds felt the need to quantify it.
well yeah, this. It doesn't need some mathematical equation. It boils down to how good your hand is vs how bad you want to move up the money ladder. Simply really
Look at this: Beans modded an SUVhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Nug5FZgxuk
Sick.My 8th grade science teacher was extremely proud of the fact that his great grandfather had a patent for the first bicycle-mounted machine gun. Yes, it fired as the user pedaled.
It's called wallball as far as I know. I don't know about you but the rules we played were if you bobbled the ball without catching it, you had to sprint to the wall and touch it before somebody threw the ball off the wall, 3 strikes and you had to go to the wall to get pegged or some similar variation.
That was how we played...but bobbling was ok, you just had to sprint to the wall if it touched the ground after touching you.
It's called wallball as far as I know. I don't know about you but the rules we played were if you bobbled the ball without catching it, you had to sprint to the wall and touch it before somebody threw the ball off the wall, 3 strikes and you had to go to the wall to get pegged or some similar variation. We also played smear the queer, although i thought it was a pretty terrible game.
We called it peg.

Ya I shoulda said dropping it, you could bobble as long as you caught it. Occasionally we played "burnball" where instead of the people trying to throw it off the wall before you touch it, they try to hit you with the ball before you touched the wall. That game was a lot more fun.

Ya I shoulda said dropping it, you could bobble as long as you caught it. Occasionally we played "burnball" where instead of the people trying to throw it off the wall before you touch it, they try to hit you with the ball before you touched the wall. That game was a lot more fun.
The other day my friends and I were talking about another old school favorite...even before the butts up days...pickle. More specifically, pickle with Indian rubber. Great game.
The other day my friends and I were talking about another old school favorite...even before the butts up days...pickle. More specifically, pickle with Indian rubber. Great game.
Hmm, I can recall playing a game of that name with friends but can't remember exactly what it was.
jesus that's deep. Is it totally necessary? I mean, pardon my ignorance, but does it really factor in to tourney poker very much? Don't you play to win and take each individual hand on it's own? Sure, I can see folding away marginal hands to find better spots due to payouts, etc, but is all that calculating really done?If you saw the Vtlaxer thread where he mentioned this, where he was 2nd in chips and raised from the sb with AKc and the bb jammed, who was the superstack, and folded, then mentioned ICM. I don't know, I got sidetracked, but to me, in my simplistic way of thinking, if money isn't the issue, either you're ahead in the hand or not, and either you want to go for it or not go for it and avoid the big stack until more players are gone, the cash value of the chips has little to do with it.
As an extreme example of the concept, think: satellites. If you're on the bubble, you can fold AA. Your equity in terms of # of chips is positive if you call, but your actual equity might be negative. Hence, ICM and shit.I hated Smear the Queer and nobody in California ever let me play Butt's Up when I was younger because I was not cool enough. I got really good at tetherball and annihilated some motherfuckers.
As an extreme example of the concept, think: satellites. If you're on the bubble, you can fold AA. Your equity in terms of # of chips is positive if you call, but your actual equity might be negative. Hence, ICM and shit.I hated Smear the Queer and nobody in California ever let me play Butt's Up when I was younger because I was not cool enough. I got really good at tetherball and annihilated some motherfuckers.
I've read an article or two on the merits of folding AA pre in a satty. I have no real issue with it and hope I could do it.never ever remember playing tetherball. Always saw the things on the playground, but just ended up punching the ball.Dodgeball was the shit, especially if you had a great arm like I did
Hmm, I can recall playing a game of that name with friends but can't remember exactly what it was.
Two bases, one player on each base. Everyone else starts in between them. If you get tagged or pegged with the ball (usually a tennis ball played with bare hands), you're out. Last two standing take over on the bases. Repeat.
I owned tether ball. In 3rd grade I was so much better than the other kids the teachers had to come get me off the court and give others a chance.I really don't think this is something to be proud of.And we used to get 20 man smear the queer games, but we would have to do them at the far end of the field at recess because we would get in trouble every time we started one.
Yes! That's right, you had to run to the wall and touch it before someone threw it off the wall. Wow, that game sucked.