I Called In Sick Today

Well that's the last time I try to engage in anything intellectual. Back to poop jokes for this kid.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

There's a scene where they're trying to illustrate Tobias's absurd cutoff-wearing habit, and he steps out of a changing room wearing a thong (over the cutoffs), and says to a saleswoman, "Excuse me, but do these effectively hide my thunder?"
never-nude2.jpg
Well that's the last time I try to engage in anything intellectual. Back to poop jokes for this kid.
I was planning on responding. I am actually waiting for Jeff to address it first, since he has, you know, an education and some real-life experience with that. My instincts still tell me that Get Sprung's verb-tense usage was wrong given the context and what I think he was trying to communicate, but, again, I am away from my comfort zone. You know what my comfort zone is? My wheelhouse if you will? Acting like a faggot, then calling people faggots, all the while avoiding being labeled a hypocrite.
And there's Gangsta Derek.Is it ok to start sentences with "And?"
It should be avoided, unless there's some reason for it. I use the "starting a sentence with a conjunction" device quite liberally, usually to effect a rambling, disjointed thought process. Or: for emphasis.
I was planning on responding. I am actually waiting for Jeff to address it first, since he has, you know, an education and some real-life experience with that. My instincts still tell me that Get Sprung's verb-tense usage was wrong given the context and what I think he was trying to communicate, but, again, I am away from my comfort zone. You know what my comfort zone is? My wheelhouse if you will? Acting like a faggot, then calling people faggots, all the while avoiding being labeled a hypocrite.
I can say, without a doubt, i have FAR less education than you do. And journalism doesn't necessarily lend itself to grammar expertise.
I can say, without a doubt, i have FAR less education than you do. And journalism doesn't necessarily lend itself to grammar expertise.
Have you graduated college? Have you taken writing classes apart from Greek Lit and Czech Lit? If you have answered "yes" to either of these questions, then your relevant educational experience outstrips mine.
Being sick sucks. I haven't had a good shit in a week. It's like my ass is a soft serve ice cream machine.
Did someone say soft serve?
Did someone say soft serve?
Haha, I just noticed your avatar/title. It's more like "Wang's Date 2 minutes after the beginning of the sexing," though. Except, you know, it should be chicks and not dudes. I... am not a homosexual.
So you're saying his intent was to convey that he is temporarily coming across as a dick instead of perpetually coming across as a dick?
I enjoy that you posted this and then decided to add a PS as to not seem like a complete bitch when in reality this was your only motive. I'm sorry that I wasn't phoenetically correct in my post. I should probably go back to college so that I can be an upstanding citizen like you. P.S. Sorry if I come across like a dick. That wasn't my intent.
The part where you DIDN'T hit her?
This would have been funny back when you might have been partially serious. Unfortunately, this new girl has turned you into a complete and total faggot that's willing to trade STUFFING for cuddling, so I can no longer take your misogynistic comments at face value.
It's the American way.
God bless the U S of A.
Haha, I just noticed your avatar/title. It's more like "Wang's Date 2 minutes after the beginning of the sexing," though. Except, you know, it should be chicks and not dudes. I... am not a homosexual.
I just found something out that I'm sure you've known for years... but Lindsay, from AD, is married to Ellen Degeneres.
So you're saying his intent was to convey that he is temporarily coming across as a dick instead of perpetually coming across as a dick?
Yup. He was apologizing for his recent behavior -- for coming across as dick in his current post -- and not for being somebody who always comes across as a dick. I mean, it makes more sense that he's apologizing for something he'd just said -- or was in the process of saying -- rather than for some inherent personality trait. In any case, this is why I am a grammar nerd. The difference between the two forms of the same verb give the sentence subtly yet significantly different meanings. Understanding the difference between the present continuous tense and the present --or the past tense and the past perfect or whatever -- makes communication so much clearer. Nobody knows the names, and most people don't know the why, but being able to agree that we all mean close to the same thing when we say the same thing, well, that's important. Dammit, now I gotta go read Wittgenstein or something.
don't ask why, but lately, I've been keeping a cooler full of ice and sodas outside on the patio. My soda gets colder and takes up less room out there.Sierra Nevada Wheat Beer 6pk (just had one, not bad)Miller Lite 6pk of 16oz plastic bottles (old standby)
Buy a fridge thermometer, set it on the top shelf, and adjust the controls until its thirty five degrees....Put the beer on the top shelf and milk and other items on the secondThe Nevada Wheats are pretty good, but I only buy the Pale Ales for some reason....Why the hell would you intentionally buy beer in plastic bottles?
I was indeed talking about ShimmeringWang, Speedz99
well...
it's mexican but it's quality stuff
well....
My Mexican beer ranking based on this picture. Those without numbers, I would not drink.MEXBEER.gif
WELL....I would comment on other things but I didnt understand two full pages of ketchup....Ill be in the copy room holding a cool towel on my cheek if anyone needs me
You should just cum on their belly, grunt, get them a towel to wipe up and never speak.
F.uck the towel, steal their wallet leaving them sticky, alone, and without capitol. Someone wise said that once.
F.uck the towel, steal their wallet leaving them sticky, alone, and without capitol. Someone wise said that once.
Funny man. Fuuuuuny man. Turns out the person who said it first, at least a variant without the word "capital" thrown in there, was Sam Kinnison. My friend repeated it to me in an advisory email when I related a girl-problem to him. I'm glad you repeated that line, because it's been hellaciously difficult for me not to.
oops, double post.
hahaha, LOSER
Actually, the biggest problem is the tense change between the first and second sentence. I'm willing to listen to arguments with respect to the optimal structure. Jeff, you could be helpful, here. My command of English starts to break down when we get any farther out from the center than "present, past" etc. Now that I think about it, the clause "if I come across like a dick," is a problem in and of itself. Shouldn't it be in the present continuous? "If I AM COMING," is more appropriate. Let's get some work done, people, and get Get Sprung his shit sprung, ya heard?
man, this comma just makes me angry. it doesn't need to be there! take it out take it out take it out!I apologize; I got a little carried away there.
You all are homos and I would slay you in real life. I'm looking at you SoCalJames
what are you fucking kidding? dude dead lifts like 350! he could bench press YOU!also, after re-looking at that picture of mexican beers that guapo posted and beans quoted, I realized that I really like a lot of mexican beers. bohemia, dos equis, corona, pacifico, all very good. never had negro modelo, but I've heard it's good. carta blanca is ok as a cheep beer, but not much flavor. only really bad experience I've had with a mexican beer was I believe a tecate in a can, but I mean it was so bad that it had to have been old or something. nobody would purposefully market something that terrible. just nasty.