I Called In Sick Today

For Anyone Who is Good at Getting Even With People:During last baseball season my fantasy commissioner and I made a $10 bet where he gave me 10-1 odds. We shook hands and had 3 witnesses. I also reversed my position on the bet with one of the witnesses for $1. The 10-1 came in and I paid the witness his $10. The commish said he didn't have $100 on him and would take care of it later. I've only talked to him once since that bet (the bet didn't come up) until a couple weeks ago when he started collecting for our fantasy league. I told him to just put that $100 he owed me in the pool and I'll send the extra $25. Then he tells me he isn't paying me for that. I asked why, and he said because he only took the bet to shut me up. Then he says "call it what you want, but I'm not paying." That's all he would discuss, as this was over the yahoo message board in our league. Now he's collecting money for the league and wants me to send him the money. I'm trying to think of an alternative like just sending it to someone else or something. The money is inconsequential to me, it's the principal. I hate people that welch on bets. Any better ideas?...Wang? This seems like something you would be good at it.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

For Anyone Who is Good at Getting Even With People:During last baseball season my fantasy commissioner and I made a $10 bet where he gave me 10-1 odds. We shook hands and had 3 witnesses. I also reversed my position on the bet with one of the witnesses for $1. The 10-1 came in and I paid the witness his $10. The commish said he didn't have $100 on him and would take care of it later. I've only talked to him once since that bet (the bet didn't come up) until a couple weeks ago when he started collecting for our fantasy league. I told him to just put that $100 he owed me in the pool and I'll send the extra $25. Then he tells me he isn't paying me for that. I asked why, and he said because he only took the bet to shut me up. Then he says "call it what you want, but I'm not paying." That's all he would discuss, as this was over the yahoo message board in our league. Now he's collecting money for the league and wants me to send him the money. I'm trying to think of an alternative like just sending it to someone else or something. The money is inconsequential to me, it's the principal. I hate people that welch on bets. Any better ideas?...Wang? This seems like something you would be good at it.
Have a load of gravel dumped in his driveway.In other breaking news, this just isn't right.http://www.700wlw.com/cc-common/news/secti...article=5286954
Steve, but I like pretending his name his Brian.Also, RR, thanks for the South Park info, just watched the episode and found it rather amusing. The song at the end was terrific.
Same
Murder him?

It's sadder with Adenhart because he had the stuff to become a star and there's no telling how good he was going to be. He was once considered the top high school pitcher in the US before getting injured. He went thru reconstructive elbow surgery which knocked him all the way down to a 14th round pick (he would have been one of the top picks without the injury).He came up last year and got roughed up and had a tough season - pretty common for young pitchers to have a tough time in their first go around in the majors.So last night, he is pretty much lights out shutting down the A's for six innings in front of his family. So on the night of his greatest success to date as a ball player, his life gets snuffed out by a drunk driver. Would it have been as big a story if this had happened during the off-season, of course not. And as for Poppy's question about the welcher, just leave the league and post in the msg board why you're leaving. If he's the commish and handling all the $, why trust him to pay out at the end of the season if he won't honor a bet?

cindy, I wasn't being sarcastic. I don't know where LG went but she better start shooting back soon or I'm gonna get bored.
I gave her what for yesterday. She's probably still smarting from that.
I am not answering your quandary, but just letting you know that I just notice that your SN is Poppy Hillis and not Poppy Hills, now I am very curious as to what that is in reference to. (I also did not know what Poppy Hills would have meant either, except for hills covered in poppy's)
It really isn't. Memorable experience -> celebration -> out on the street late at night -> much higher risk of being hit by a drunk driver. I wouldn't call this guy a 'celebrity', seeing as he is only well-known to people with a keen interest in baseball.Like I said, it is sad. Sad like anyone dying who hasn't done anything to deserve it. Not "particularly" sad.
Just another car crash victim in my opinion. Sad, but not a global tragedy. People liked her because she did a bunch of charity work, but in reality all the members of the royal family do extensive charity work as part of their royal duties. She just got more publicity for it.Get over yourself, pal. I'm empathetic to a fault. You didn't know this baseball guy, he died in a completely ordinary way, it's not a tragedy. I've read stories about people dying on their way to or back from their wedding, or the hospital where their child was just born. The idea of that upsets me. The idea of a pitcher happening to die soon after he performed quite well in a game his team lost is not tragic in my opinion. Just accept that it's my opinion and quit trying to insult me.
Why are you being so...obtuse?
I am not answering your quandary, but just letting you know that I just notice that your SN is Poppy Hillis and not Poppy Hills, now I am very curious as to what that is in reference to. (I also did not know what Poppy Hills would have meant either, except for hills covered in poppy's)
Holy shit, I've never noticed that either, and he and I posted in The Hills thread together. Maybe that's why I was confused.Also, if you ever have a 90201 question, original version, ask Poppy Hills
And as for Poppy's question about the welcher, just leave the league and post in the msg board why you're leaving. If he's the commish and handling all the $, why trust him to pay out at the end of the season if he won't honor a bet?
I don't want to leave the league. I like the league. I think if I leave, he wins. I need to win.
Poppy Hills is a golf course at Pebble Beach, I think. My first year in college me and a friend were playing Tiger Woods and he thought the course Poppy Hills was Poppy Hill(i)s. We agreed that it sounded like a rappers name. We were in a breakdancing and rapping phase, so I assumed the name Poppy Hillis as an amateur rapper...We're white now.
What? What did you call me?
Andy Dufresne: How can you be so obtuse?Warden Samuel Norton: What? What did you call me?Andy Dufresne: Obtuse. Is it deliberate?Warden Samuel Norton: Son, you're forgetting yourself.Andy Dufresne: The country club will have his old time cards. Records, W-2s with his name on them. Sir, if I ever get out, I'd never mention what happens here. I'd be just as indictable as you for laundering that money.[Norton slaps the table]Warden Samuel Norton: Don't you *ever* mention money to me again, you sorry SON OF A BITCH! NOT IN THIS ROOM, NOT ANYWHERE.Renae - I don't get it, but I love me some cuntry musack
1) Boobs2) Ass3) Legs
1) assthat's the end.
That picture looks like somebody stretched it out to fit on their widescreen.
SHUT YOUR GOD DAMN MOUTH.
The problem is that 'stomach' should be on the list...that would be my #1. That's why I tend to like skinny chicks. I don't mind a slightly bigger and more curvy girl if she has a nice midsection...I just can't handle full blown bellies or even gunts. Call me crazy.
you're crazy.
Seaward.
hahaha
I would say it has been a good day, although I got zero school work done.
I would agree. I didn't even have to use my M4.

oh yeah, I forgot about that question. assboobslegsand I agree with speedzy, there is something really sexy about a toned, flat stomach, not that I've ever had one. I mean, I've had a girl or two with one, but personally, I've never had one.another part of a dame I like is where the leg meets the hip, on the side, very sexy part of a woman.

Somebody reassure me that not having a job or internship between my junior and senior years of college is fine and won't ruin my chances of getting anywhere in life.Or you know, don't.
UM's a good school that people actually know (SORRY SAL), you'll be fine maybe
I've taken 15 credits of finance, still have like 6 or 9 more to go, which is more total credits I need for my accounting degree, which is odd. I know a lot of people dual major with acct/fin because you need 150 credits to sit for the CPA exam, so instead of getting their masters they get two majors. Finance is just so close to accounting a lot of people choose it. Personally I chose to because I didn't want to graduate in three years, and didn't really entertain the thought of getting a masters until this year. Which is ok I guess because I get to spend five years at college instead of four.
Smart kid
at KU, the prerequisites are so similar that it's really a difference of like, one extra hardcore accounting or finance semester. I mean, it's a no-brainer for me as I genuinely won't ever be in a setting where my employer will give a shit about my T-account skills, but I could see it translating into some extra earnings for people going into a corporate setting.a few weeks ago I was really down about it, but I've kind of bounced back. I still care a whole lot, but what can you do?
You're not going to work in a corporate setting ever in your life? I have no idea what I'll be doing in 2 years, much less for the rest of my career. And it's not about knowing T-accounts (which you should know if you work in accounting or finance) but the degree...you won't use most of the shit you learn in college.
So, now a bunch of people around here are staying stuffpuppet. Thanks J-Daws
Just glad to see it catching on

it means that I still have to take the week off, but instead of being forced to take it unpaid, I was able to instead use one of my vacation weeks during the week and get a paycheck.

You're not going to work in a corporate setting ever in your life? I have no idea what I'll be doing in 2 years, much less for the rest of my career. And it's not about knowing T-accounts (which you should know if you work in accounting or finance) but the degree...you won't use most of the shit you learn in college.
I prefer suicide to wearing a suit and sitting in a cubicle. there is no chance of that. none whatsoever. don't bother saving this quote, trust me, you won't get to use it on me someday.
I prefer suicide to wearing a suit and sitting in a cubicle. there is no chance of that. none whatsoever. don't bother saving this quote, trust me, you won't get to use it on me someday.
so uh, what are you planning on doing? gonna be a roadie?
it means that I still have to take the week off, but instead of being forced to take it unpaid, I was able to instead use one of my vacation weeks during the week and get a paycheck.
I didn't realize that they were making you take a week off unpaid. That's just, wow. Company of the Year. Good for you on the getting paid. BEACH
That might be a tad of an overstatement. Ridiculous even, the preferring suicide part. Your attitude is idealistic now, but with this economy, everyone's future has a touch of uncertainty. I get that you will do almost anything you have to to avoid that, but when you grow up, get bills, life takes over, etc, you'll do what you have to do to make a living. True FactPlease don't take that as me being preachy.
Possibly broke my ankle, I'm on a life heater.
since your last post?
I didn't realize that they were making you take a week off unpaid. That's just, wow. Company of the Year. Good for you on the getting paid. BEACH
wait, you didn't? now I'm all confused. then what was the "oh wait... nevermind" for? ps I love this little transition we did.
wait, you didn't? now I'm all confused. then what was the "oh wait... nevermind" for? ps I love this little transition we did.
I thought that you just didn't get paid time off, but wanted a week off. You know that I'm not edumacated