I Called In Sick Today

hii'm of the opinion that sharing a great, intimate meal with someone is one of the best things life offers
Fine, I accept. I'll meet you at the Eden Roc in South Beach. You're buying.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

To be fair, Pizza Hut is the 2nd best pizza on earth... behind only Dominos.
Oh, this is you doing that thing where you're joking, but nobody gets it right?WELL I GOT IT THIS TIME!!!!
i'm of the opinion that sharing a great, intimate meal with someone is one of the best things life offers
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Some of my most fond memories are either with friends and family over a really nice dinner and drinks. Whether it be a meal I made myself (which is usually more expensive for me because I then pay for the entire thing, unless someone brings some wine) or at a really nice restaurant.Ruths Chris is way overrated btw. Best steak I have ever had, my wife actually ordered at Mesa Grill in Vegas. NY Strip, med rare, with a trio of spicy dipping sauces next to it on the plate. Next best would be a few steaks I have made myself followed by Mortons.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. Some of my most fond memories are either with friends and family over a really nice dinner and drinks. Whether it be a meal I made myself (which is usually more expensive for me because I then pay for the entire thing, unless someone brings some wine) or at a really nice restaurant.Ruths Chris is way overrated btw. Best steak I have ever had, my wife actually ordered at Mesa Grill in Vegas. NY Strip, med rare, with a trio of spicy dipping sauces next to it on the plate. Next best would be a few steaks I have made myself followed by Mortons.
http://www.rubesmeat.com/store/default.aspLook at the prices. Incredible flavor, dirt cheap. yw.
$23 for a 12oz NY Strip is the opposite of dirt cheap. What the hell are you talking about?
You've obviously never eaten one. Also, you should definitely go for the 20oz. YW!Also $30 > $320. I'm surprised you didn't know that, since you're a "financial" guy.
You've obviously never eaten one. Also, you should definitely go for the 20oz. YW!Also $30 > $320. I'm surprised you didn't know that, since you're a "financial" guy.
I can go to a local Butcher and get a fantastic cut for some where between 8.99 and 14.99 a lb. Depending on time of year. I think I will stick with that. Plus I can see the cut before I buy it.

the spanish place we ate at in chicago was one of the best and most cost-effective meals I've ever had. I would love life if I could eat out and have wine/beers whenever I choose, but that isn't available to me. this is why I laugh when you adults fantasize about going back to your college days. I don't mind eating shitty food but I'm never coming back to it once I'm out.

Don't ever do that, not to me. You know better. You know I can handle it.
Im not firing on all cylinders lately....My self evaluation concludes that Im under stressed.... I need something like Randys drive by fingering/wreck to get the blood flowing again
Some of my most fond memories are eating....
IT ALL ENDS UP BEING A TURD PEOPLE!
I can go to a local Butcher and get a fantastic cut for some where between 8.99 and 14.99 a lb. Depending on time of year. I think I will stick with that. Plus I can see the cut before I buy it.
The cow will be from California though. You know what they say about California.

Odd call I just got:(phone rings)Me: Wickerstore Apartment Places of Business, Steve speaking, how may I help you?G16: Hi this is Ms Wilson from G16 and we have a problem over here.Me: (I hate mondays) oh, what is it?G16: There is some bread, I mean toast, it is definitely toasted bread here in the street.Me: ...G16: It's not in front of the dumpster, it's more in front of the carport and it's just sitting there in the middle of the road.Me ...G16: Hello?Me: ... sorry, umm, I will call Tom and have him look into it.G16: Oh, thank you! ByeMe: bye (hangs up and goes to post on FCP)

Odd call I just got:(phone rings)Me: Wickerstore Apartment Places of Business, Steve speaking, how may I help you?G16: Hi this is Ms Wilson from G16 and we have a problem over here.Me: (I hate mondays) oh, what is it?G16: There is some bread, I mean toast, it is definitely toasted bread here in the street.Me: ...G16: It's not in front of the dumpster, it's more in front of the carport and it's just sitting there in the middle of the road.Me ...G16: Hello?Me: ... sorry, umm, I will call Tom and have him look into it.G16: Oh, thank you! ByeMe: bye (hangs up and goes to post on FCP)
i laugh a little more every time i read that.
I earn a little making book, playing cards, and betting on sports, too. That money ALSO gets blown. When I've had a good month, I might sock a little away, but the rest goes towards surprising my friends with presents and free vacations and shit, because whenever I'm stone broke, they do the same for me.
oh ok. I'll pm you my address. (do not expect me to do the same for you.)
You can download these things for free somewhere? Help a brother out Sal!
heeeeeell no. I ain't killing my ratio so you can small talk with the missionaries from zimbabwe.
To be fair, Pizza Hut is the 2nd best pizza on earth... behind only Dominos.
agree completely.

Shake got me thinking earlier, with his query about the spending and the budgets and the whatnot. The one thing I absolutely can't stand is: cheapskates. My best friends have all shared a handful of traits -- irrational loyalty, for example -- including not being effing cheap. I hate -- HATE HATE HATE -- going out with friends and having to worry about who got what and who is paying for what and how to divide the bill and "hey guys, since I drove, are you gonna kick in for gas or what?" It all comes out in the wash. If it doesn't, then I am not going to be your friend. I don't care if you're poor. I don't care if you're rich. I'm not asking you to spend more than you can afford. If I know you're broke and I want to go to the stripclub, I'm going to pay your cover and buy you a few drinks. If you're tapped out and I want to go to have 11 lunch beers at Applebee's, but you think the dollar menu at Wendy's is more in line with your budget, then guess who is buying two hamburgers, an appetizer, and 18 lunch-beers? Because next time we go out after you win a 200 person tournament, I know damned well you're going to want to go to Michigan City for a few nights and try to pay for the hotel room. Or you're going to show up to my place with 7 pizzas and a hookergram. Or whatever. I don't expect you to. I don't even WANT YOU TO, and I will fight to stymie your efforts to spend money on me at every turn, but one of the reasons I love you is that you're absolutely going to.It all comes out in the wash. I don't like worrying about "fair" when it comes to money and my friends. We have reached an equilibrium where we've solved the problem by trying to be as UNFAIR as possible to ourselves. This is really racist, but I've even had black friends -- I mean, serious, hardcore, back-in-prison-now guys -- who played the game with maximum effort and guile. J-Bone never had more than 200 bucks to his name, and we never made him feel bad about it. Whenever he did have extra cash, he'd surprise us with booze, drugs, women, or, in my case (in one of the most surprisingly touching gestures of friendship to which I've ever been a party):J-Bone: "Yo, D, you mind if we stop at Speedway real quick before you drop me off?"Wang: "Sure, no problem J."(Wang goes to get out of the car)J-Bone: "Naw, man, I'll be right back."(Wang stays in car.)J-Bone: (returns) "Derek, you guys have always been good to me, and I want you to know I appreciate that. I appreciate it a lot. Here."(J-Bone hands Derek a 100 dollar Speedway gift-card, and 2 2-liters of Diet Mountain Dew)J-Bone: "You my nigga, man. You ever need me to fuck somebody up... you know J won't ask questions."(sighs) I miss J-Bone. I've replaced him with Dat Nigga Swiff, Dubb, and Lil'Weezy'ana, but it's not the same. It's just... not the same.

Wang: "..."
I miss J-Bone. I've replaced him with Dat Nigga Swiff, Dubb, and Lil'Weezy'ana, but it's not the same. It's just... not the same.
I know what you mean.
Shake got me thinking earlier, with his query about the spending and the budgets and the whatnot. The one thing I absolutely can't stand is: cheapskates. My best friends have all shared a handful of traits -- irrational loyalty, for example -- including not being effing cheap. I hate -- HATE HATE HATE -- going out with friends and having to worry about who got what and who is paying for what and how to divide the bill and "hey guys, since I drove, are you gonna kick in for gas or what?"
I know.....I spent alot on that outfit for you and have never seen pics.Sigh........

I am in the computer lab, attempting to prepare for tomorrow's presentation on the Japanese (specifically: Toyota) concept of Kaizen ("continuous improvement"). Instead I just wrote about 1200 words on why certain people like me and why certain people don't like me. An excerpt:People with IQs between 120 and 130 who are used to (and, perhaps more importantly, take some pride in) being the smartest person in the room almost always hate me. I act like an idiot most of the time, especially in certain academic settings. I choose to talk about sports and funny words for women with loose morals, and rarely engage in Jacques Derrida of Michel Foucault dialogs anymore. The person with an IQ between 120 and 130 who is used to (and, perhaps more importantly, takes some pride in) being the smartest person in the room will formulate opinions of me that allow them to conclude: "I am smarter, and therefore better, than this guy." When I inevitably see the smirk of superiority on his face or hear the haughty derision in his voice, I go into intellectual bully mode. I unleash. Now I am smarter than him, and he's already decided: "This guy knows quite a bit about sports and can make funny jokes, but he's not as smart as me." He's put all of his comparative self-worth into the basket of intellectual superiority, and when I start unweaving that motherfucker, the result is furious, bitter, insecurity-driven hatred.Black people like me, though, because they are less likely to tie their self-worth to intellectual superiority. I am also openly slightly racist, which I believe puts black people at ease. When I am 35 and unemployed, I will think about this time and be unsurprised at the path my life has taken.

why would you need a warning? do you have a blood feud with him or something?
probably wouldn't have shown up to class looking like a hobo had I known a bunch of suit-wearing executive types would file in while I was playing with my touch.guy made just shy of $2m last year:http://people.forbes.com/profile/sam-k-duncan/55719
probably wouldn't have shown up to class looking like a hobo had I known a bunch of suit-wearing executive types would file in while I was playing with my touch.guy made just shy of $2m last year:http://people.forbes.com/profile/sam-k-duncan/55719
You should have asked him for $400 so you could go hang out with your hockey buddies in Toronto in May.