I Called In Sick Today

Oh hey guys.
Oh HEY!
When you cash out your 401K the entire amount will be taxed at ordinary income rates plus a 10% early w/d penalty in the year that is done. You have 60 days to reimburse it or roll it to an IRA to avoid that tax. (So if you needed it for a short time). Contributions to IRA are tax deductible unless you make over.....pulling out tax sheet's, hold on......for 2008.... the phase outs on deductions are:Married filing jointly covered by employer 401k 85,000 - 105,000Married filing jointly not covered by employer 401k 159,000 - 169,000 So if your income fell into one of the above categories (I am assuming the second because I would be surprised if your lot had a 401k plan, then yo would not get full deduction of your IRA, to potentially none if you made over 169K. It still grows *cough* loses tax free.You can put up to 5,000 in an IRA this year, or if you are 1099 you can put in up to 46,000 into a SEP or INDV 401k or 25% of your income, whichever is less. If Deb has a 401k she can put 16,500 of her own money in tax free, and may have the ability to utilize a ROTH provision.Sorry that is a lot of info, I hope it helps.Who is your schiester advisor with? Most advisor or brokers are not licensed to give tax advice fwiw.*above information is not be be construed as a recommendation. PM me with any specific questions.
We're over and he knew it going in, so yeah, it grew *puke* lost tax free.
I commented on that sig in the actual thread a long time ago... but it still makes me smile everytime I see it. Thanks Strat!
Yeah, I love that sig as well.
I gotta big ass stump/half tree in my front yard right now. I've been meaning to cut it up for about a year, but, well, it looks like it'd be a pain in the ass. supposed to rain saturday too. OH WELL.
That right there folks is the microcosm of what this thread is about! Drive, determination, focus and then a big sigh before hitting the couch. Kudos!
QUESTION FOR BEANS: I need to do some regrouting on the bathtub this weekend. what's the best way to scrape off the old grout before putting the new on?
I laughed at the directions for grout cleaner once. -Use in well ventilated area-
Step 1: Drain the moonshine.
hahhaa
let's get our regional stereotypes up to date shall we.
oh snap!
I think Steve just convinced me to buy a bengal cat when I get mine.
You guys do remember the Bengals that I got for my mother-in-law right? Holy Fucking terrors!*It's a matter of how much the wild has been bred out of them apparently though. My daughter's roommate has one that's awesome.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I gotta big ass stump/half tree in my front yard right now. I've been meaning to cut it up for about a year, but, well, it looks like it'd be a pain in the ass. supposed to rain saturday too. OH WELL.badutsssshhhh.
Never cut down a tree all the way at the bottom.... leave about four feet or so sticking upThat way you can dig around it with a backhoe and use the top of the stump as a lever to pull it sideways and out of the holeMaples are pretty soft so yours is probably too rotted for that though
QUESTION FOR BEANS: I need to do some regrouting on the bathtub this weekend. what's the best way to scrape off the old grout before putting the new on?
Ive never used any of them personally, but they have scrapers with teeth similar to small circular saw blades that should work wellId probably look for a dremel tool carbide bit that would fit between the tiles. One eighth inch or so it standard for four by four tiles
I'm going to start going to backyard pet breeders, buying pets from them, and taking them directly to animal shelters.
You would do better by starting your own puppy/kitten farm right next door to the animal shelter...Call it "Pussy Paradise.... Bitches get in free"
Sal I think you should go adopt strays from the shelter then sneak them into the yard of the back yard breeders, slowly so they won't notice for a few weeks.
i bet the shecats in heat notice the tomcats he throws over the fence, like, right away.
You sure there is nothing else on a quarter pounder with cheese? I don't know my McD's but I thought something else might usually come on the quarter pounder WITH CHEESE...
Ah... I didn't notice that. Sorry Rhine.
So I've had a terrible day. It's a long story, but I left for work in a bad mood. Then on the way I saw two small dogs running around in the middle of the road, pretty much stopping traffic in both directions. Of course nobody, including the joggers passing by, did anything, so I stopped and grabbed them. I held these two, muddy, stinky dogs in one hand while calling the number on their tags with the other, as people in very slowly passing cars kept asking me what I was doing. Retards. So I get the owner, and she tells me that she's in class, has no car, and knows nobody that can take her to get the dogs until later. I load the nasty (but actually very nice and kind of cute) dogs in my car and hold on to my foster dog with one hand so she doesn't eat them as I drive to work. Once I'm at work the first person through the door is the very emotional owner of a kitten that was euthanized last week, the one I mentioned yesterday (I think). I had fostered her for a while, she was the best kitten ever, this woman adopted her and kept me up to date on her growth, and then she had to be put down at 5 months old. Anyway, this was the first time I had seen the owner since the cat died (I wasn't there when it happened), and she burst out crying when she saw me (a common reaction for women). So that was fun. Then, after consoling her for 10 minutes, the next client was some douche who I had to ring up, but of course there was an issue with how much it cost. Meanwhile, the kennel girl had come out to tell me that my foster dog's tail was bleeding once again, which has been a constant source of annoyance for the past 5 days. And so on.I hope nobody bothered reading that.
This is why Chrissy doesn't have any pets. I like animals too much and right now would resent them for taking up my lazy time. Hell, I'm annoyed that I have to feed my parent's cats all week, change the water, clean the litter boxes for 5 days. Even more fun, they are taking a two week cruise in May. Shooot me.
I would do anything to get a job like this. Except actually look for one or apply that is.
hey, that's the spirit. Try emptying litter boxes and feeding cats.
This is why Chrissy doesn't have any pets. I like animals too much and right now would resent them for taking up my lazy time. Hell, I'm annoyed that I have to feed my parent's cats all week, change the water, clean the litter boxes for 5 days. Even more fun, they are taking a two week cruise in May. Shooot me.hey, that's the spirit. Try emptying litter boxes and feeding cats.
Try picking up each of your dogs individual turds (with tp) and wiping his ass.
Never cut down a tree all the way at the bottom.... leave about four feet or so sticking upThat way you can dig around it with a backhoe and use the top of the stump as a lever to pull it sideways and out of the holeMaples are pretty soft so yours is probably too rotted for that though
oh there's plenty sticking up. it's rather unsightly. I've actually been leaving it up for a few years since the town had been trying to get us to let them cut it down for years because it was in the way of the power lines. so I figure, fuck them, I'll keep it there as long as possible, even if it's only ugly. (and yes, it is odd and creepy that you know it's maple. I guess I either showed you a picture of it before or mentioned the helicopters in here at some point. FREAK.)
Ive never used any of them personally, but they have scrapers with teeth similar to small circular saw blades that should work wellId probably look for a dremel tool carbide bit that would fit between the tiles. One eighth inch or so it standard for four by four tiles
oh to have a dremel tool again. I used to have one that my grandfather got me, but when he died my uncle stole it out of his shop. nice guy. I'll probably just use a knife or something; I don't want to spend any money.
Try picking up each of your dogs individual turds (with tp) and wiping his ass.
been there, done that. Don't want to get into fecal matter unless it's from a kid that originated from my load.
beans, what do you think of the FLIR footage from waco? do you believe that they were firing on the only exit during the fire? seems pretty convincing to me. the footage of the guys rolling out of tanks and opening fire is pretty damning.
eff em
I am having a really bad day. Somebody cheer me up, please?
people on Facebook ask me how I'm doing, like they care after 18 years. I think it's just them being nosey. So, I think I'm going to concoct some sort of story where I went overseas, to Thailand or the Philippines, got some gambling debts, had to work as enforcer for someone in the human slave trade... I haven't worked out the rest yet. You can work on something like that, maybe create an arts and crafts picture for it.
me too. i'm trying to make myself feel better by overeating which is always healthy.
My most recent problem today is undereating. I ordered food and after a few mouthfuls noticed a bug with a million legs in it. Tried to finish it but kept remembering the sight of the bug and it made me nauseas.

Oh, I forgot my drama today. I lost my shit.so I decided to check on my DL with the Florida DMV website. It's suspended. So I call up my cop buddy, he runs it and it's suspended. I call up the DMV place and my new insurance company, who said they would send the proper paperwork to the State, apparently didn't. I've been driving illegally since fcking October. Long story short, they are overnighting me and the state this important paper. They tried to charge me to overnight it and that's when I almost lost it. I'm like "Dude, your company has unknowingly caused me to drive illegally, risking arrest and fines because someone forgot to send a form, and you're trying to charge me to overnight it so I can go wait on line at the DMV to correct it? No offense, but are you out of your mind?" See, unlike Steve and others, I cannot yell at customer service people unless they are off the deep end, and he wasn't, he was just following policy and needed approval the waive the charge, but I was stern. He called back and said they'd waive the fee. Bees with honey peeps. But yeah, I was livid. Mainly because I'll be paying almost $4k for car insurance this year.the moral: DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE

My most recent problem today is undereating. I ordered food and after a few mouthfuls noticed a bug with a million legs in it. Tried to finish it but kept remembering the sight of the bug and it made me nauseas.
seriously how do you do itevery time you order food, it has bugs, hair, or chunks of meat in itI just do not understand it. I rarely ever have this stuff happen to me. I cannot imagine what I am ingesting if your attention to detail can turn up this much shit.

Mad Men. Sophuckingawesome. I waited to start watching it until I began advertising school, because I wanted to separate myself from those getting into the ad business because they like the show. Seriously. I do things like that. I just finished Season 1, Episode 4. It's poetry. F'ing fucking poetry. I like to drink Canadian Club while I watch it. And then I like to write headlines for my projects afterward. Last week, I watched the first 3 episodes while drinking a few glass of the Club and then proceeded to write 136 headlines in a half hour. I like Canadian Club because Don Draper drinks it and because they put crack in it. 136 headlines. In a half hour.

seriously how do you do itevery time you order food, it has bugs, hair, or chunks of meat in itI just do not understand it. I rarely ever have this stuff happen to me. I cannot imagine what I am ingesting if your attention to detail can turn up this much shit.
I wasn't even inspecting the food, I just noticed this black asterisk looking thing in the sauce and wondered what kind of vegetable or whatever it was. I don't know why this shit always happens to me, it is ridiculous really. I guess I'm just unlucky.
Mad Men. Sophuckingawesome. I waited to start watching it until I began advertising school, because I wanted to separate myself from those getting into the ad business because they like the show. Seriously. I do things like that. I just finished Season 1, Episode 4. It's poetry. F'ing fucking poetry. I like to drink Canadian Club while I watch it. And then I like to write headlines for my projects afterward. Last week, I watched the first 3 episodes while drinking a few glass of the Club and then proceeded to write 136 headlines in a half hour. I like Canadian Club because Don Draper drinks it and because they put crack in it. 136 headlines. In a half hour.
WHO ARE THE AD WIZARDS WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE?91rstandup2.jpg
I got hooked on that show last year and watched most all of season one and 3/4 of season 2. A little slow moving but very well written and acted. A bit of a buzzkill, an older client (surprise) came into the bank and was an ad man on Madison Ave. He said it wasn't really like that, but the dynamic between the men and women is accurate and all people did have booze in their office, but it wasn't an all day every day thing.