Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

That's crazy, I thought my parents had the record sewn up but you beat it to a pulp. My parents met in October '74, were engaged in January '75, and married in April '75. They're still married to this day. Before anyone says "shotgun" (which is exactly what my uncle and grandfather thought), I'm the oldest child and I wasn't born until November '76.
Yep...same here. Our daughter Skylar is 11. Turns 12 in May.
Told this story in the Army thread before.....I proposed to my wife, Danielle, on date #2 (she obv said yes). This was 10 days after we had officially met. I was ready to settle, had partied enough, in college and the Army and knew she was the one. This was 15 years ago come January. We have been married almost 13. It can work, depends on the people.
I think you're crazy for proposing on date #2, but you're a good kind of crazy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ha.
You can try to make this about me and mock me as much as you want, I know you're just trying to look cool and macho for the guys here. If making fun of people who aren't like you is what blows your skirt up, go right ahead. Just try not to take yourself too seriously.
1. Of course this is about you.2. There was nothing cool or macho about what I said. I specifically said that being "lame" isn't so bad, but that new experiences are a good thing. What's your problem with that? 3. I don't wear skirts anymore.4. The last sentence of your post is almost inconceivably ironical. Unless you're levelling me...
Ty...I guess! But I know what you mean, my roommate thought I was insane when I told him I needed him to go with me to the jewelry store to buy a ring on his credit card, cause my only card didn't have enough of a limit. He did and here we are.
Ty...I guess! But I know what you mean, my roommate thought I was insane when I told him I needed him to go with me to the jewelry store to buy a ring on his credit card, cause my only card didn't have enough of a limit. He did and here we are.
Cute.LG, I don't feel like getting into it. You're right, everyone should do what makes them happy even if I disagree with what that is.
FAG.
I just watched the last 8 minutes of Jack Frost. It was sad and took all the fight right out of me.So, my roomates are both gone for the night for the first time in months. I'm celebrating by drinking somewhat heavily and making tacos. I'm excited about it...I'm about to go make 7 & 7 number one.
Cute.LG, I don't feel like getting into it. You're right, everyone should do what makes them happy even if I disagree with what that is.
It's cool, I was kind of using this discussion to understand some Aristotle I'm considering for an assignment. He says that what is virtuous is decided based on what is praiseworthy and what is blameworthy according to the 'poets' (today this means the media, writers, TV/movies etc). The problem is that this kind of praise and blame relies on convention, so instead we have to consider pleasure, as pleasure indicates achievement of some good.This post is new kind of procrastination I'm developing. I justify posting on the forum by making the post pertinent to the assignment I am supposed to be writing.
It's cool, I was kind of using this discussion to understand some Aristotle I'm considering for an assignment. He says that what is virtuous is decided based on what is praiseworthy and what is blameworthy according to the 'poets' (today this means the media, writers, TV/movies etc). The problem is that this kind of praise and blame relies on convention, so instead we have to consider pleasure, as pleasure indicates achievement of some good.
I feel like it's impossible to say what is virtuous for certain...it just leads to circular arguments.
I just watched the last 8 minutes of Jack Frost. It was sad and took all the fight right out of me.So, my roomates are both gone for the night for the first time in months. I'm celebrating by drinking somewhat heavily and making tacos. I'm excited about it...I'm about to go make 7 & 7 number one.
Naked?
Told this story in the Army thread before.....I proposed to my wife, Danielle, on date #2 (she obv said yes). This was 10 days after we had officially met. I was ready to settle, had partied enough, in college and the Army and knew she was the one. This was 15 years ago come January. We have been married almost 13. It can work, depends on the people.
I love you brad, but this is classic results oriented thinking. I would tell any friend I had that if they proposed to someone after 10 days and 2 dates that they were insane, and their relationship was doomed. That yours wasn't doomed is romantic and beautiful, but it's also the unattainable dream that will suck most people who commit so quickly into terrible marriages. Just saying. I'm happy it worked for you though.
I love you brad, but this is classic results oriented thinking. I would tell any friend I had that if they proposed to someone after 10 days and 2 dates that they were insane, and their relationship was doomed. That yours wasn't doomed is romantic and beautiful, but it's also the unattainable dream that will suck most people who commit so quickly into terrible marriages. Just saying. I'm happy it worked for you though.
Agree 100%. Just stating that it works for some and like someone stated earlier, if it makes them happy...who cares.
You obviously haven't met Danielle.
edit: did you end up taking out the alternachick w/ possible daddy issues or the hot blonde w/ possible daddy issues?
"I got a girlfriend, she goes to art school, I got an art-school girlfriend, yeah." Alternachick. I am pretty sure she has to try really hard to keep the crazy under wraps, but as long as she's making an effort, I'm willing to deal when it inevitably bubbles up to the surface.
I thought you hated handjobs? Or do you just hate them when the girl is "snurfy?"
I hate handjobs, but they have been a prominent motif in my life, so I've come to accept their recurrence with some measure of ironic pleasure. There was, alas, no handjob last night. For the first time since I can remember, I blew the "first date kiss" thing, too. I whiffed so hard. It was pretty pathetic on my part. She gave me the long hug, and kinda pulled away a little bit while still making contact, giving me an easy "okay, kiss me" signal, and I just froze. Oh well. The build-up will make it all that more disappointing for everyone involved.
It's cool, I was kind of using this discussion to understand some Aristotle I'm considering for an assignment. He says that what is virtuous is decided based on what is praiseworthy and what is blameworthy according to the 'poets' (today this means the media, writers, TV/movies etc). The problem is that this kind of praise and blame relies on convention, so instead we have to consider pleasure, as pleasure indicates achievement of some good.
Just throw "eudamonia" around and replace it with "flourishing" every once in a while and you'll be fine. I've always liked Aristotle to some degree, because his notion of ethics is about rationality and moderation. He truly believed being rational was one of man's primary functions, and should thus be encouraged above most else. He also used a whole lot of organic metaphor that survived a LONG time, in many discipines. "Man must grow and develop and nurture his abilities and shit like a flower on a hill. PEACE OUT ARISTOTLE NIGGGAAAAAAAS!"
Heh...you know what I mean
You didn't have to quit partying, sir. You just stay in and have killer parties in your house.
I would've proposed to Danielle quick before someone else came along. Brad was just making sure she didn't get away. She's smart, funny, and unbelievably hot. She also puts up with Brad's antics, so she's a saint, too.sidenote: I give a great handjob.