I Called In Sick Today

So, a long time ago, I picked out a name - Tallen - if I ever had a little girl. Fast forward 9 years later and I've decided that I still don't want children but my best friend wants to name her son Talon. Now, Tallen is my grandmother's maiden name. My best friend has no right to use that name because I chose it a long time ago and it has a meaning to me even though I have no child or future child to give the name to.Fast forward to last week and Talon celebrated his 8th birthday.I should probably stop being her friend, huh?Women are emotional about the stupidest things then it turns out that it's not even about that. Your WBS is being ridiculous.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

So, a long time ago, I picked out a name - Tallen - if I ever had a little girl. Fast forward 9 years later and I've decided that I still don't want children but my best friend wants to name her son Talon. Now, Tallen is my grandmother's maiden name. My best friend has no right to use that name because I chose it a long time ago and it has a meaning to me even though I have no child or future child to give the name to.Fast forward to last week and Talon celebrated his 8th birthday.I should probably stop being her friend, huh?Women are emotional about the stupidest things then it turns out that it's not even about that. Your WBS is being ridiculous.
Doesn't count, the spelling is different.
Sorry, misread that part. So she was that mad that you even considered the name? That's even crazier.As hard as this is for me to ever admit, this one is out of the realm of my (self-proclaimed) expertise.If it makes you feel any better, my farts currently smell like canned artichokes (for no apparent reason).
It might, if I knew what canned artichokes smelled like
Shes 32, when is the maturing supposed to start?
I'm thinking 35-40 for me, but that might be pushing it
Talon? Like a hawk's talons? That's dumb. She should have named him Talan like the kid from Laguna Beach he got a ton of ass
Doesn't count, the spelling is different.
Even if it were the same, I would be being completely ridiculous to lay claim to a name for a non-existant child.Try to keep up, please. Bitches are stupid. This is the moral.
Sorry, I don't expect you all to read this because it is way way too long and I left a lot out, but any response would be appreciated, there are a lot of smart people in this thread that don't know the parties involved so hopefully I can get some less biased answers.
I'm really too hungover to respond to this properly, but I would pretty much write the sister off completely. I've never understood why people put so much unnecessary effort into cultivating relationships with family members. if a person sucks, they suck. I don't see why sharing similar genes means you have to like somebody. it would be tough being in the same places, but I would pretty much just ignore her whenever in the same area.and have the friends heard yalls side of the story? if so and they're still being assholes, fuck em. like other people said, they weren't really good friends in the first place apparently.
ORLY? I'M BUZZED AND HAVE WORK FROM 7:00AM TO 2:00PM AND THEN HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO SEE MY GRANDFATHER THAT JUST TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE MY GRANDMOTHER IS GOING CRAZY DUE TO ALZHEIMER'S. SUCK IT, KIDDO.
oh.
I'm really too hungover to respond to this properly, but I would pretty much write the sister off completely. I've never understood why people put so much unnecessary effort into cultivating relationships with family members. if a person sucks, they suck. I don't see why sharing similar genes means you have to like somebody. it would be tough being in the same places, but I would pretty much just ignore her whenever in the same area.and have the friends heard yalls side of the story? if so and they're still being assholes, fuck em. like other people said, they weren't really good friends in the first place apparently. oh.
Like the guy with a wife and real life friends is gonna take advice from the loser from Virginia COME ON
ORLY? I'M BUZZED AND HAVE WORK FROM 7:00AM TO 2:00PM AND THEN HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO SEE MY GRANDFATHER THAT JUST TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE MY GRANDMOTHER IS GOING CRAZY DUE TO ALZHEIMER'S. SUCK IT, KIDDO.
Yeah, went through this recently with my dad. On the way taking him to a rehab/nursing home facility last week he tried to do a face plant out of the car onto the expressway. Glad I thought of the child locks ahead of time.
wow working on saturdays. yay.
Ughh, I hate doing this on Saturdays. Honeys.
Is it bad that every time I see the fishing thread I read it as the fisting thread and get super excited? Anyone else have this problem?
well i do now.

EG, I'll take a swing a the situation.Knowing your wife is Hispanic probably means she's dealing with tons of Catholic guilt with possibly a dab of Post P Depression. Alot of Hispanic women are fiery by nature anyway.Hispanic families tend to be close and gather frequently and shunning the sister won't be an easy thing for her. EG, you need to be supportive as attacking the WBS probably would leadto some backlash on you from the wife. I know I know.What you wrote is very obvious that the WBS is very wrong in this situation and is obviouslya more demanding personality type while your wife seems like a sweetheart that tries to pleaseeveryone. No matter what you think, these dynamics probably won't change (thankfully). Peopleare who they are and your wife needs to come to an acceptance that the WBS is always going to be that way. It would be very difficult for her to avoid her completely but she needs to avoid her as much as possible, avoid arguments which upset her and just keep a distance. Given that your wife gets weepy and upset over little "memories" keep in mind that PPD could be play as well. You might have her consult the doctor in a kindly way without getting yourself castrated.The friends are more puzzling. I think alot of the advice here is good. It seems you are willing to benice and move on but your wife is still upset over the issue and probably won't change anytime soon.I would avoid the situation for a while as well until such a time as you guys can put it behind, have a weekend without the WBS involved and see if you can get past it. If not, their loss.If they all persist in be asses about the whole situation, then nickname your daughter Mia.

Hispanic families tend to be close and gather frequently and shunning the sister won't be an easy thing for her. EG, you need to be supportive as attacking the WBS probably would leadto some backlash on you from the wife. I know I know.
this is true. La Guapo should probably not attempt any shunning, but rather should leave it to El Guapo, and perhaps his close circle of friends.
EG, I'll take a swing a the situation.Knowing your wife is Hispanic probably means she's dealing with tons of Catholic guilt with possibly a dab of Post P Depression. Alot of Hispanic women are fiery by nature anyway.Hispanic families tend to be close and gather frequently and shunning the sister won't be an easy thing for her. EG, you need to be supportive as attacking the WBS probably would leadto some backlash on you from the wife. I know I know.What you wrote is very obvious that the WBS is very wrong in this situation and is obviouslya more demanding personality type while your wife seems like a sweetheart that tries to pleaseeveryone. No matter what you think, these dynamics probably won't change (thankfully). Peopleare who they are and your wife needs to come to an acceptance that the WBS is always going to be that way. It would be very difficult for her to avoid her completely but she needs to avoid her as much as possible, avoid arguments which upset her and just keep a distance. Given that your wife gets weepy and upset over little "memories" keep in mind that PPD could be play as well. You might have her consult the doctor in a kindly way without getting yourself castrated.The friends are more puzzling. I think alot of the advice here is good. It seems you are willing to benice and move on but your wife is still upset over the issue and probably won't change anytime soon.I would avoid the situation for a while as well until such a time as you guys can put it behind, have a weekend without the WBS involved and see if you can get past it. If not, their loss.If they all persist in be asses about the whole situation, then nickname your daughter Mia.
Well you got part correct, she does have Catholic guilt from childhood, but she is only half Mexican and the family really isn't all that close. As for the PPD, she had it last time, we are still in the danger zone, but so far it does not seem like she has it, but I'm not 100% ruling it out.LOL at my wife being a sweetheart. She is as crass as they come, if she could type as witty as she talks, she would fit in well here. She tells it like it is, and really doesn't care what people think, for the most part. Obv she is a great wife and mother, but lets put it this way D&N have told her that she scares them with her fiery Mexican attitude. It was so funny, of course she was offended by it to a certain extent.
Yeah, went through this recently with my dad. On the way taking him to a rehab/nursing home facility last week he tried to do a face plant out of the car onto the expressway. Glad I thought of the child locks ahead of time.
That must have been an awkward conversation afterwords.
That must have been an awkward conversation afterwords.
He had pnuemonia and was pretty out of it for a few days. He was aware where I was taking him though and not a happy camper. He has about a week left there and is doing very well now. I don't know if he really remembers doing it. It was scary for a while but I'm cool he's doing well.
Well you got part correct, she does have Catholic guilt from childhood, but she is only half Mexican and the family really isn't all that close. As for the PPD, she had it last time, we are still in the danger zone, but so far it does not seem like she has it, but I'm not 100% ruling it out.LOL at my wife being a sweetheart. She is as crass as they come, if she could type as witty as she talks, she would fit in well here. She tells it like it is, and really doesn't care what people think, for the most part. Obv she is a great wife and mother, but lets put it this way D&N have told her that she scares them with her fiery Mexican attitude. It was so funny, of course she was offended by it to a certain extent.
My dad used to be married to a Mexican lady and they had a pretty successful Mexican restaurant. She was way to pyscho though. I've remained pretty close to the family over the years but it's tough given the distance and such. So basically what I'm asking is, will your wife make me some muchaca and tamales? Damn, I miss that shit!