Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

FWIW I know that was a very choppy explanation because I did not want to type 30 pages, but if anyone wants some clarification on anything before responding just ask and I will do my best to make the whole picture clearer.

That's a tough one. I recommend not using the name and having as minimal of a relationship as possible with crazy sister. A name isn't worth the hassle, even if you want to stand on principle. But you don't need that craziness in your lives, family or not, so fuck 'em...distance is your friend. It sounds like you're doing that already, so...good.As for the friends, it looks like either you and the other guy have to go have a beer and figure out a scam to make everything all better so you can continue to hang out, or it's all over. Taking the psycho sister's side just isn't ok. The women will never bury the hatchet...it's up to the men to trick them into it.I feel like that's useless advice. Sorry, maybe I'll try again during the light of day.

I'm drunk and have a family reunion at 10 am that is ~1.5 hours away. Tomorrow should be awesome.
ORLY? I'M BUZZED AND HAVE WORK FROM 7:00AM TO 2:00PM AND THEN HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO SEE MY GRANDFATHER THAT JUST TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE MY GRANDMOTHER IS GOING CRAZY DUE TO ALZHEIMER'S. SUCK IT, KIDDO.
ORLY? I'M BUZZED AND HAVE WORK FROM 7:00AM TO 2:00PM AND THEN HAVE TO DRIVE 2 HOURS TO SEE MY GRANDFATHER THAT JUST TRIED TO KILL HIMSELF BECAUSE MY GRANDMOTHER IS GOING CRAZY DUE TO ALZHEIMER'S. SUCK IT, KIDDO.
OK YOU WIN (OR LOSE?!?!)
That's a tough one. I recommend not using the name and having as minimal of a relationship as possible with crazy sister. A name isn't worth the hassle, even if you want to stand on principle. But you don't need that craziness in your lives, family or not, so fuck 'em...distance is your friend. It sounds like you're doing that already, so...good.As for the friends, it looks like either you and the other guy have to go have a beer and figure out a scam to make everything all better so you can continue to hang out, or it's all over. Taking the psycho sister's side just isn't ok. The women will never bury the hatchet...it's up to the men to trick them into it.I feel like that's useless advice. Sorry, maybe I'll try again during the light of day.
well Ellie is 6 months now, so we obv did not use the name. As for the friends, that one is a little diff. They were both my wife's friends before me. I like them, the chick is pretty hot, they have a cabin Tahoe we go to all the time, but the guy is like a woman and gets his feelings hurt if you don't call him all the time and tell him how great he is. My wife always refers to him as her best girlfriend.Its an interesting dynamic, but they were always good to get drunk with, and there was always a hint of having a chance to bang his wife (probablynever happen in my lifetime, but hey we all have our dreams!)
well Ellie is 6 months now, so we obv did not use the name.
Sorry, misread that part. So she was that mad that you even considered the name? That's even crazier.
As for the friends, that one is a little diff. They were both my wife's friends before me. I like them, the chick is pretty hot, they have a cabin Tahoe we go to all the time, but the guy is like a woman and gets his feelings hurt if you don't call him all the time and tell him how great he is. My wife always refers to him as her best girlfriend.Its an interesting dynamic, but they were always good to get drunk with, and there was always a hint of having a chance to bang his wife (probablynever happen in my lifetime, but hey we all have our dreams!)
As hard as this is for me to ever admit, this one is out of the realm of my (self-proclaimed) expertise.If it makes you feel any better, my farts currently smell like canned artichokes (for no apparent reason).

First, the parody of my favourite line of your post, El G.Dear El G, you are one of my internet acquaintances. I like you.Imagine if it were you and your brother both wanting to name a kid after a grandfather. There'd be some super-secret totally awesome brother competition for naming rights.

First, the parody of my favourite line of your post, El G.Dear El G, you are one of my internet acquaintances. I like you.Imagine if it were you and your brother both wanting to name a kid after a grandfather. There'd be some super-secret totally awesome brother competition for naming rights.
no. first one to the finish line wins. it's fucking easy.
stuff
Get new friends... your old ones are stupid. Also my wife's sister sounds exactly like yours. Your wife just needs to forget this episode happened. Name your daughter whatever you want and don't feed her childishness by even responding to her outbursts. Keep going to mom's, be cordial, and eventually she should mature enough to see that she is an idiot.
Get new friends... your old ones are stupid. Also my wife's sister sounds exactly like yours. Your wife just needs to forget this episode happened. Name your daughter whatever you want and don't feed her childishness by even responding to her outbursts. Keep going to mom's, be cordial, and eventually she should mature enough to see that she is an idiot.
Shes 32, when is the maturing supposed to start?Also brvhrt, its easy to say get new friends, but I don't just toss away 10 year relationships, over something that really is pointless if you think about it.My wife can't get over the betrayal though, so that is the hard part right now.
Shes 32, when is the maturing supposed to start?Also brvhrt, its easy to say get new friends, but I don't just toss away 10 year relationships, over something that really is pointless if you think about it.My wife can't get over the betrayal though, so that is the hard part right now.
Isn't that the whole point? That's what THEY did to YOU!Also, maturing happens at different rates for different people. Your sister-in-law is probably one of those people that have outbursts a lot and the entire family just tries to make her happy, thus continuing the vicious cycle.
Isn't that the whole point? That's what THEY did to YOU!Also, maturing happens at different rates for different people. Your sister-in-law is probably one of those people that have outbursts a lot and the entire family just tries to make her happy, thus continuing the vicious cycle.
No she pretty much shuts the family out until she needs or wants something, and then her Mom is just excited that she wants to spend time with her so she does it. She is very controlling.
No she pretty much shuts the family out until she needs or wants something, and then her Mom is just excited that she wants to spend time with her so she does it. She is very controlling.
You're talking about wbs?

That's what I assumed. My wife's sister is extremely controlling about everything when the family gets together. Which restaurants we go to, what movies we go to, etc etc etc. The first day I met her when I was dating my wife... they had just come back from antique shopping and MY wbs bought an old box... er .... chest for like $200. It was the crappiest chest I had ever seen, but whatever. In my room with the door open, I told my wife (girlfriend at the time), "Imagine telling the farmer that built that thing 100 years ago that someone would buy it for $200 someday... that would be hilarious"... 5 seconds later she busted into my room pointing at me and yelling "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! YOUR NOT EVEN IN THIS FAMILY! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO QUESTION MY PURCHASES, YOU ASSHOLE!" I just sat there until she left and then laughed for about 10 hours straight. I'm just trying to say that babies are babies, you have to treat respond to them that way.

So my wife was being extremely nosy just now and made me tell her what I have been doing on the computer. And after I did, she told me that the reason she has been so frustrated the last few weeks is she found a bonnet that D&N gave us, and it brought back a bunch of memories, now she wants to be malicious and return it to them to give them a "slap in the face" which is not really like her, so it is obv really upsetting her still.Another hard thing is they live very close to my MIL so we drive past their street quite often.

So my wife was being extremely nosy just now and made me tell her what I have been doing on the computer. And after I did, she told me that the reason she has been so frustrated the last few weeks is she found a bonnet that D&N gave us, and it brought back a bunch of memories, now she wants to be malicious and return it to them to give them a "slap in the face" which is not really like her, so it is obv really upsetting her still.Another hard thing is they live very close to my MIL so we drive past their street quite often.
That sucks, but the ball is clearly in their court. You were 'friends' and they aren't even talking to or listening to you. BTW, I wouldn't let her be malicious if you can help it... since that's not really taking the mature high road.
That sucks, but the ball is clearly in their court. You were 'friends' and they aren't even talking to or listening to you. BTW, I wouldn't let her be malicious if you can help it... since that's not really taking the mature high road.
She won't. She is just letting it get at her right now. In fact I wanted her to do something that would prove them wrong (it was about when my wife called them, we had the cell phone bill with the dates and times with length of convo) but she wouldn't. So she is just venting right now. Its still hard to see her go through this even this long after the fact.Oh well, I'm going to bed, maybe someone else will have said something poignant by tomorrow night.
code names and stuff
It's when I hear about stuff like this that I'm glad I'm an only child. Sounds to me like WBS has some childhood sibling issues that she's never resolved, or really even tried to examine in any meaningful manner. About all that can be done is putting on performances of civility at family gatherings and such. It seems pretty clear that WBS doesn't have a genuine interest in developing a healthy relationship with your wife or you, and frankly, probably doesn't have any idea what a healthy relationship is. As for the friends, I'd be fairly blunt and say something along the lines of "Look, there's a whole lot going on here outside the version of events you've been told. This is a family matter and I'd kindly ask you to stay the fuck out of it." If they can't respect that, then they may not have been as good of friends to you as you thought and most likely were to them.ORGood luck with allll that.
Sorry, I don't expect you all to read this because it is way way too long and I left a lot out, but any response would be appreciated, there are a lot of smart people in this thread that don't know the parties involved so hopefully I can get some less biased answers.
Believe it or not, my sister in law and myself had a very similar exchange while I was pregnant with my daughter. I always wanted my daughter to be named Montanna Rose, but after many lengthly discussions and arguments with James, I realized it was a battle I wasnt going to win. After that we spent weeks/months trying to choose a name that we could both agree on. We finally came to a decision that we both we happy with: Kayla. It had no family meaning/ties to it, but we both fell in love with it. When we told our family's about it most were thrilled, however we were told by James mom that his sister may not be as supportive. Apparently, his sister had chosen that name several years earlier when she and her husband we trying to concieve. This was unknown to us. I was approached by his sister and matter of factly told that I could not name my daughter Kayla, that that was HER name for her daughter when/if she conceived. The thing I had an issue most with is the fact that 1. they were yet to become pregnant after years of trying, and 2. even if they were to become pregnant, there is no guarantee that they would have a daughter. Me and James both stood our ground and even though we knew the rift it would cause in the family, we were set on naming our daughter Kayla. Well, as it turned out, a few days before our "Kayla" was born we chose a name that we loved even more: Haley Jo. Ive never regretted our decision and my daughter defintely fits her name. I didnt chose a new name to please his sister. I think alot of the reason I stood my ground so much was because his sister was telling me I couldnt name her Kayla. I think part of the way I reacted was out of spite, which I admit, was wrong of me. I just didnt like the idea of someone telling me what I could or couldnt name MY child.Fast forward: my daughter is now 6 and my sister in law (who happens to be 41 now) has yet to have any children. I dont for a minute regret the name I chose for my daughter. It turned out that Haley Jo was the name we had been searching for all along. (I do still have many issues with my sister in law, though. Especially when it comes to raising MY children.. but thats a whole other story)Anyway, I know my story didnt give you the answers you were looking for, but let your wife know that she isnt alone. This is YOUR daughter. There are no guarantees that her sister will ever have another child, and no guarantees that it will be a girl if she does. I sympathize with your wifes sister that it may seem hurtful, but the decision isnt her to make. And if your sister in law never has a baby girl? How much regret will she feel for allowing this argument to continue over something that is only a "possibility" and not a guarantee...As far as the friends are concerned, I know it hurts your wife to have someone very close basically turn their backs on her, but ya know what? Real friends dont do that. They may tell you their opinions even if they differ from yours, but they never turn their backs on you. Those arent the kinds of friends Id want to have./rantIm going to bed.
does anyone watch Burn Notice on USA? I watched 6 episodes in the last week and it really grew on me. I like it. Although, Garbrielle Anwar isn't nearly as hot as she used to be. SHe's too tan/burnt, too skinny and too old. She was smokin in Scent of a Woman, and some movie with Michael J Fox
Burn Notice. That is all.
As for the ElG fiasco, I will be no good at serious advice.I say act like you are buddy buddy with the other couple, and then leave an upper decker in their vaca home in Tahoe.