Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Fact: Erin Andrews has a huge crush on me. The one game we got courtside seats this year she kept walking back and forth in front of us. Everyone was yelling and hollering at her like a bunch of animals, so I took the grown up approach. As she walked by me I yelled at her "Erin, keep walking if you have a huge crush on me and want to make out later." SHE KEPT WALKING!!
OMG, she's so into you. INTO YOU.
GIRL ADVICE NEEDEDI've gotten some reasonably good advice from one Mr. Ron Mexico in this thread before, so I figured I'd give it another shot.
Wow, so much to digest. Everyone basically said it, but she seemed very ambiguous. As a poker player, you should be well aware that body language doesn't lie. Then again, you play online. How were her click tells? Ok, I digress. At this point, like everyone said, it's on you. Put it out there, but not in a creepy way, just in a "hey. lets go out, get some dinner, have some drinks after and lets see how we look naked." Ok, maybe not the last part, but yeah, the rest. For some reason, the cynic in me says she's lying about 4th of July. She may be making plans with her non boyfriend because in my experience, parents and people over 50 usually make plans in advace, and she'd know if they were going away for the 4th or not by now. She may be hedging her bets with you. Women as a rule, love holidays. She's not gonna want to get stuck alone on the 4th. Again, I'm cynical. But in my experience, if you expect the worst from people, rarely will you be let down.Man up, ask her out and don't be creepy about it. Don't mention wanting to date her, be her boyfriend or anything long term. If I were you, I'd have the dinner with her, make sure some booze flows, and at the right time, initiate some contact. A little shoulder grab, an arm touch, etc. If she's receptive, order another drink, and when she's halfway through, go for the lip to lip kiss. And by that, I mean go down on her. Good luck and trip report
Jesus, you're a bigger wreck than I am. You have her phone number. Ask her out again, and be sure to make your intentions reasonably clear. "Hey, do you want to grab a drink sometime? Maybe get dinner? If you're serious about the guy you're seeing, hey, I totally understand. But I'd like to buy you dinner soon."If she says yes, you take her on a date, and you pretend she's completely single. You don't ask about the other guy, because it's none of your business. You pretend he doesn't exist. If she says no (shrug) who gives a fuck, right? Don't be a pussy and ask silly questions; just make your intentions clear, and ask her out.Wang
yeah, this is good but I would leave out the b/f comment. If she is hedging her bets, its best to let her do it in secrecy. Like Wanger said, that's his problem, not yours. But if she's commitmentphobe, you don't want to seem overly anxious to be her boyfriend. I read an article the other day, which irritated me, about women rejecting the nice guys and the guys that were overly available. In other words, be aloof and cool
I would guess in these situations if you go somewhere and get reasonably drunk and then somehow fool around with them her discuss all the issues after, that way you can avoid getting shot down verbally.
this is good. Just don't drive
I'd probably pat myself on the back for being awesome with her and making her want me even though she has a boyfriend, go home, jerk off to her, and never call her again because she'd most likely reject me instantly when I called her back.but thats what I would do. you're a normal person, so you'd probably want to do something different.
How long has my webcam been on?
You're golden. Get her drunk and take her to poundtown.
How much are you selling that condo you have in Poundtown now that you're out of college?
palm beach gardens, you?
West Palm here. YoLose the smilies por favor.
yeah, this is good but I would leave out the b/f comment. If she is hedging her bets, its best to let her do it in secrecy. Like Wanger said, that's his problem, not yours. But if she's commitmentphobe, you don't want to seem overly anxious to be her boyfriend. I read an article the other day, which irritated me, about women rejecting the nice guys and the guys that were overly available. In other words, be aloof and cool
For a brief moment I read this as "Wagner," like the composer, and I thought, "That's a great nickname." Then I realized it was just my name with "er" at the end. (sigh) Oh well.Re: the boyfriend commentRon is the second (or third) person who has mentioned that he'd leave the "if you're serious about the boyfriend..." comment out. I suppose it doesn't matter, but that's the crux of my whole approach. My method relies upon a few things, very notably a lack of ambiguity. That's what we're trying to avoid, right? The ambiguity? The stupid awkwardness that might result from a request for a date? If she doesn't want to go out with you, you REALLY don't care why, right? So I build in an excuse (so she doesn't have to bring up something uncomfortably), and at the same time leave no room for doubt about my intentions. If you just say, "Hey, wanna get dinner sometime?" there could be a misunderstanding, or she could later PRETEND there's a misunderstanding. She might not want to be rude, or she may think, "Huh, what's the harm, it's not DEFINITELY a date."Ron's correct when he mentions you should affect that you're unconcerned with the fact that she's seeing another guy. Aloof and cool, indeed, is the way to go. But asking if she's serious about another guy is, at least in my mind, a way to seem coolish and aloofish. You don't care that she's seeing another guy. You're just letting her know you don't care. You're asking to be polite, not because you really give a shit.WangEDIT- I just saw Ron's "if she's hedging her bets, it's best to let her do it in secrecy" comment. I disagree, but only because I tend to come from a different place than Ron, I imagine. If she's hedging, that's fine, but I don't want her under the impression I don't know what she's doing. I hate dealing with that crap. She wants to see us both, well, okay, I'll probably win. I have no problem if you're cheating on your boyfriend, but don't think you're fooling anybody. I'm not an idiot.
talking to girls? what a bunch of fags.
I made this joke in cartoon form between 3 and 12 months ago. I also made a joke about Kers2 being black, and one about LG being British. The latter had a joke about LG spelling JeffStrat's name "Geoff."None were funny, and I have no idea who you are, and I feel like I have not been here in a long time.
I made this joke in cartoon form between 3 and 12 months ago. I also made a joke about Kers2 being black, and one about LG being British. The latter had a joke about LG spelling JeffStrat's name "Geoff."None were funny, and I have no idea who you are, and I feel like I have not been here in a long time.
wow, you haven't been here in a long time have you.for what its worth, I use that joke regularly in real life to great success. well, great success in that I laugh at it every time.

just thought I'd mention that management at the place I'm leasing in lawrence has said that I have to collect my deposit from the guys that are moving in and taking my place on the lease with my current roommate. I don't know if I made that clear enough, but basically I'm being asked to collect $200 from a friend of a friend, and I have zero leverage if he refuses to pay...I doubt there will be a problem, but wow.

wow, you haven't been here in a long time have you.for what its worth, I use that joke regularly in real life to great success. well, great success in that I laugh at it every time.
I think all I know about you is that you are overweight, and maybe friends with BigDMcGee. Or maybe he's overweight. I dunno. Are you just like BigD in that you are vehemently against prescriptive grammar, perhaps as a cover for your inability to spell and use punctuation (something about which you are insecure)? Because, man, I fucking hate that. Just fucking spell the word correctly, man. It just makes shit easier for everybody, you know what I'm saying? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING

What the fuck do people talk about here nowadays? I haven't seen Speedz all day. Beans only posts in cartoons. Ron popped in and popped out. I see a wild-thing and Puddy. What's going on? Where's the entertainment? Will somebody just post some Arrested Development quotes or something? God, I'm not even marginally entertaining anymore, but that's because I'm old. You people have no excuse. Somebody give me some funny. Shake? Where's Shake? I WANG YOU

I think all I know about you is that you are overweight, and maybe friends with BigDMcGee. Or maybe he's overweight. I dunno. Are you just like BigD in that you are vehemently against prescriptive grammar, perhaps as a cover for your inability to spell and use punctuation (something about which you are insecure)? Because, man, I fucking hate that. Just fucking spell the word correctly, man. It just makes shit easier for everybody, you know what I'm saying? I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING
I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT PRESCRIPTIVE GRAMMAR IS
What the fuck do people talk about here nowadays? I haven't seen Speedz all day. Beans only posts in cartoons. Ron popped in and popped out. I see a wild-thing and Puddy. What's going on? Where's the entertainment? Will somebody just post some Arrested Development quotes or something? God, I'm not even marginally entertaining anymore, but that's because I'm old. You people have no excuse. Somebody give me some funny. Shake? Where's Shake? I WANG YOU
The Tigers pitching staff is pretty funny. But then again, so is the Indians scores more than 2 runs in a game.

I google image searched "confused old man" to try to visually convey wang's current disposition, but the only one I found that made any sense was the wrong type of file and couldn't be posted. I also don't feel like saving it and uploading it, even though in the time I took to write this I probably could have. now even I don't know whats going on.

that's standard practice
really? I mean, what if there was a conflict? would I have just been fucked out of $200? this seems rather un-standard to me.
MEH trying to qualify for lapt but running bad in the steps :club::ts
0Okay, couple pages behind but it looked good. Really drunk and tired. Deb's in bed waiting for me. (Hopefully to not wake her as I pass out) Ahh, she's a trooper and will sleep through a hellstorm so im lucky there. I played drunk poker, heads up, where I rule, and won a 20 in about ohhh 45 minutes. Okay, so maybe i don't rule but i won. Just warning you all in case I decide to enter the French Open or whatever that big tourney is
I've made a huge mistake.
TELL ME NAPADON, I CANT STAND THE SUSPENSE!
I am aware that the constitution does this, but that's not a good reason. "Because the constitution says so" is a terrible answer for "Why is the state level the best for determining how to govern?" Why does the constitution say so?is it hot in kansas? because you just got BURNED!
So I know this was ages ago but I found it funny. It really bothers me how Americans cling to their Constitution like Christians cling to the bible in every argument. In this case it seems that Jeffstrat doesn't actually understand the motives behind the constitution, which surprises me because he is normally very well-informed about politics.Anyway, there are a number of reasons why the 10th Amendment states that all undesignated powers are reserved for the states and the people.Firstly, state level power is better. It's more efficient because devolution splits up the ginormous population into more manageable constituencies. The whole point of democracy is that the people need to have a reasonable amount of influence on politics, and that is much more achievable at a lower level like state government. Thus it makes sense to give the state government all powers which aren't suitable for federal government (i.e. let them keep defense, taxes, and other powers that need to be coordinated and uniform across the nation).Secondly, the intention of the founding fathers was to prevent tyrannical government. The constitution was framed right after the war for independence, and nobody wanted to create another potential dictator. They needed to spread the power out so that it wouldn't be concentrated in any one body. That's why they utilised Montesquieu's concept of a seperation of powers (legislative, judicial and executive), but also seperated powers between federal and state. State governments provide a check on federal government and prevent them from controlling every aspect of political life.Third, the reason there is a strong federal government despite the obvious benefits of state level governance: it doesn't work without one. As we saw under the Articles of Confederation, if the states have too much power the political system is unable to function. I could go on and on because this is my area of study, but basically there are a lot of good reasons and if you want to know more, ask me on aim sometime when I am around.p.s. If I made any little mistakes in this post its because I just woke up, and I can't be bothered to check through.
In this case it seems that Jeffstrat doesn't actually understand the motives behind the constitution
I think I found what you're referring to:
because the constitution is laid out such that it explicitly grants certain powers to the federal government and leaves everything else up to the states to decide. this kind of tampering is why we get so riled: the federal govt has grown accustomed to blatantly ignoring the spirit and intent of the constitution.
one could argue that my answer is vague, but to claim that I don't understand the motives of the constitution re:states vs fed by looking at the quoted post is pretty baseless. you ought to know that I attended weeks' worth of lectures last semester (PRE-ipod touch!) on the commerce clause alone. taking hours upon hours of US history classes and living here for over two decades ought to count for something as well...
quiet down now and go get me a beer. american gladiators is on.
safari crashed when I was trying to make this post. I think the original does pretty well on its own merits.
Firstly, state level power is better. It's more efficient because devolution splits up the ginormous population into more manageable constituencies. The whole point of democracy is that the people need to have a reasonable amount of influence on politics, and that is much more achievable at a lower level like state government. Thus it makes sense to give the state government all powers which aren't suitable for federal government (i.e. let them keep defense, taxes, and other powers that need to be coordinated and uniform across the nation).
I remember when I was gonna comment about this it was gonna be basically like this, except I believe my comment was going to be more along the lines of "because the country is really fucking big and nobody likes each other."