I Called In Sick Today

Letter from my current self to my future self, to be read before every Christmas, until I am dead:
I see you've also noticed some people in here never leave the thread.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah it's actually a 3/2 MBA program at school, so most of those classes were 7 week 1.5 credit hour classes. Which also helps explain my GPA - like 75% of the class gets a B+ or A-. Therefore, I don't take it that seriously and still manage to go out 4-5 nights a week (which is why break is killing me
This is very interesting to me, I spent almost two years trying to get VC for a company I was running, didn't work out because it was after the dot com blow up, but I am very familair with the nuainces and it would have been helpful to have info before I undertook the endever.
But I DID write a 3-page play that was voted "Best in Class" by a wide margin, and was consistently the best "discussion board" poster in the class. Basically, my theatre class was "Do what you do in the sick thread everyday" except much less stressful.
That basically spells out your personality right there....

I don't even know whats going on in here anymoreI have reinstalled windows on my computer. I saved my songs and other various things and they're on here, but I'm still trying to download all my necessary programs and what not and get my settings the way I like them. problem is, my dvd burner won't let me burn backups of my songs onto dvds now, just cds. so I don't have any way to back up my stuff again.also, do you people go to the easiest schools on the fucking planet? I mean are you really getting 4.0's that easily? the top two guys in my class in college got around 3.96's. One was a guy I lived with junior and senior year. he studied CONSTANTLY. I mean the guy was genius level smart, and he couldn't get a 4.0 at my school. I think there was 1 guy in the past 10 years that got a 4.0 there when I was a senior. the average for a smart person who worked really hard there was about a 3.0 to a 3.2. damn, guess I should've gone to a state school.

No, I was more referring to the fact that the last time you initiated poker debate in here with a hand, pretty much everyone said you played it bad, and you continued to defend your play to the death without one time saying "hey, look, the 12 of you might be right and I might be wrong." So forgive me if I happen to take what you say about the tournament forum with a grain (well, maybe a boulder) of salt.
You are forgiven. 'Tis the season.I'll try to refrain from discussing poker on this site completely. No matter how hard I may try, there's no defeating groupthink.I'm going to go look at my pretty tourney stats now to remind myself that I am indeed a poker god.

I graduates with about a 2.8, but I was that ahole in the class that would ask real world questions to all my business teachers that had nothing to do with the exams, because I actually wanted to learn something other thant just the best way to get and A. Ofcourse I really did not care about GPA, as long as I was high C low B I was cool and it gradamated me.Most employers could give a crap what your GPA was, unless you can say I was Suma Cum Laude Stanford or soemthing like that. If you have a 3.7 or a 3.2 and you go to Ohio State or Colorado or something it is not going to matter on iota in the real world. (I am not discounting getting good grades BTW, I think it has value, just not employemnt wise).

I have reinstalled windows on my computer. I saved my songs and other various things and they're on here, but I'm still trying to download all my necessary programs and what not and get my settings the way I like them. problem is, my dvd burner won't let me burn backups of my songs onto dvds now, just cds. so I don't have any way to back up my stuff again.
are you using the same burning software?
I went to the Pistons/Grizzlies game last night with EconGirl. Was a pretty good time. I might have a GF now.
It was right around here that I laughed to myself and said Nice Timing, Derek.
are you using the same burning software?
well its whatever was on it in the first place. all I did the first time I did it (around 2 months or so after I first got my computer) was put in the dvd, copy the songs to the folder, and write them to the disc, just like you would a cd. I don't know how to do it any other way. at least I think thats the way I did it.I miss galactic ray jewtron (I know its jetworn, but I like jewtron better.)
I miss galactic ray jewtron (I know its jetworn, but I like jewtron better.)
I think you need to post a dangling modifier to get him to post again.It's like the bat signal.

I agree with Shake. Our house has about 50 people at UM, and most are above average intelligence, even by Michigan standards. In the 4 semesters I've been there, one person has gotten a 4.0 for a semester, and there are a bunch of people that work a lot harder than I do.

I think you need to post a dangling modifier to get him to post again.It's like the bat signal.
does it make me super intelligent or super stupid that I can't come up with a decent dangling modifier?
I agree with Shake. Our house has about 50 people at UM, and most are above average intelligence, even by Michigan standards. In the 4 semesters I've been there, one person has gotten a 4.0 for a semester, and there are a bunch of people that work a lot harder than I do.
Really? When I was at UM, I got a 3.9-something my first YEAR, including 4-pointing the second semester, with this courseload:Semester 1-Introduction to MicroEconSpanish 101Great Books I (Honors College intro to English)Comparative PoliticsUS Political Science (Honors section)Semester 2-Introduction to MacroEconSpanish 102Czech Four-twenty something (Czech Lit)Honors Intro to PhilosophyA PoliSci class I can't remember
does it make me super intelligent or super stupid that I can't come up with a decent dangling modifier?
It makes you average. Harder than it looks, your wang is probably average, too.
I don't even know whats going on in here anymoreI have reinstalled windows on my computer. I saved my songs and other various things and they're on here, but I'm still trying to download all my necessary programs and what not and get my settings the way I like them. problem is, my dvd burner won't let me burn backups of my songs onto dvds now, just cds. so I don't have any way to back up my stuff again.also, do you people go to the easiest schools on the fucking planet? I mean are you really getting 4.0's that easily? the top two guys in my class in college got around 3.96's. One was a guy I lived with junior and senior year. he studied CONSTANTLY. I mean the guy was genius level smart, and he couldn't get a 4.0 at my school. I think there was 1 guy in the past 10 years that got a 4.0 there when I was a senior. the average for a smart person who worked really hard there was about a 3.0 to a 3.2. damn, guess I should've gone to a state school.
Maybe.
It was right around here that I laughed to myself and said Nice Timing, Derek.
T-Bear I really enjoy your writing and self-depracating humor. I don't think i've been happier about a sickie getting banged since er, uhhh, well propably bizzle and the milf. Congrats on having a girlfriend, well, that is if you indeed actually have one. Tell us the chia pet was a dream though.We should start a thread on the worst xmas gifts ever. I knew a guy who was proud he got his wife and OV-Glove with matching meat thermometer. Yeoch.On a similar note to TBear getting a girlfriend, my son broke up with his last Friday night. Yep, the heartless bastard ditched her 3 days before Xmas. I mean I didn't like her, Deb didn't like her, his sister didn't like her but still, geez..Back to the college stuff. My daughter is a junior taking pre-med and found out she most likely could never become a doctor so she switched to nursing. Unfortunately damn near everything she has taken doesn't apply so she has 4 more years now.This is nothing compared to Deb's daughter who graduated with a degree in psychology that is going into nursing and starting all over as well. Don't girls ever want to leave school and just work? My parents have been divorced for years so Xmas is usually akward trying to get to see everyone. This year was great given the 3 day window to accomplish things. Mom yesterday, dad today, kids afterwards, then back home to Dayton for Deb's family the rest of the way. You know how some people are gift givers on Xmas eve and some Xmas morning? Well, I'm the kind that would do it 2 weeks in advance of Xmas. Deb would wait until 2 weeks after. Urgh. I want to do it tonight but she's not having it. Why the hell wait? Umm, she's the boss, that's why.So the family took my dad to Brio's Tuscan Grille which I arranged. My dad is near 80, blind in one eye, deaf on the same side and not much better in the others. He's had numerous mini-strokes the last few years and a couple back surgeries. He's slipping but he's such a cool old fart that you have to love him. Well, until he announces right before lunch that he forgot to fix his teeth with fixodent and doesn't have any and his teeth are falling out. I had to leave, un-valet the car, go get the stuff a mile away,return, then take him into the bathroom while he stands there, nearly falling as he cleans and fixes them. Fun times.Oh well, have fun tonight kiddo's
It makes you average. Harder than it looks, your wang is probably average, too.
nah, I'm gonna go with super intelligent. and my wang is positively huge.congrats on the girlfriend. maybe one day all of womankind will stop loathing me more than the jews loath hitler, but until then, I'll just read your stories.
An A-/B+ in every single class? That has ALWAYS been my dream, man. You're sick.
This was a highly successful semester for me, in my ability to pull off grades in the 80th percentile with a work amount in probably the 10th percentile. I am very, very pleased with this semester.
This is very interesting to me, I spent almost two years trying to get VC for a company I was running, didn't work out because it was after the dot com blow up, but I am very familair with the nuainces and it would have been helpful to have info before I undertook the endever.That basically spells out your personality right there....
Yeah the venture capital class was probably my favorite. We looked at it both from the perspective of the VC firm and the entrepreneur, the different stages of financing and dilution, what to look for, different exit strategies, etc. It actually got me really interested in VC, I had always wanted to end up in PE but I think this class changed that.
I should've gone to a state school.
We have an ok business school, a lot of hot girls, and a campus that loves to party. 4.5 years later and I can't even begin to imagine a better college experience. Not knocking other people's schools or choices, but for me I think my school (a big state school) was the perfect fit. You don't seem like that big of a fag, you probably should have thought about it.Merry Christmas buttpirates
This was a highly successful semester for me, in my ability to pull off grades in the 80th percentile with a work amount in probably the 10th percentile. I am very, very pleased with this semester.
The A-, contrary to belief, is the greatest accomplishment in higher education.
also, do you people go to the easiest schools on the fucking planet? I mean are you really getting 4.0's that easily? the top two guys in my class in college got around 3.96's. One was a guy I lived with junior and senior year. he studied CONSTANTLY. I mean the guy was genius level smart, and he couldn't get a 4.0 at my school. I think there was 1 guy in the past 10 years that got a 4.0 there when I was a senior.
You know what GPAs the top kids in your college class got? Lemme guess...tiny liberal arts school where people went after they got rejected from every Ivy? edit: I'm an ass
the average for a smart person who worked really hard there was about a 3.0 to a 3.2. damn, guess I should've gone to a state school.
Or just a better school where the smart people were actually...you know, smart.edit 2: see: edit 1
For christ's sake, Zim...how many times do I have to remind you of this?Top Private Schools>>>>>>>>>>>>>>University of Michigan>>>Average State Schooledit 3: see: edit 2That concludes my bizzling of you two dumbasses. grinch_santa.jpg
My turn for vehicle advice. I don't have SoCal money, but I am looking for a car in the 15-20k range, probobly a year old or so. Nothing fancy, and I like my current vehicle (Grand Prix)Randy or anyone else...help me?
Check out the Altima. Good car.
My turn for vehicle advice. I don't have SoCal money, but I am looking for a car in the 15-20k range, probobly a year old or so. Nothing fancy, and I like my current vehicle (Grand Prix)Randy or anyone else...help me?
merry xmas, nuts, the works never done