I Called In Sick Today

Did i miss it or have we already covered the beer and boobs aspects of everyone's weekends?Bizzle: I'm strongly considering not playing online this week as I'm on some slight negative variance and I don't want it to affect my head since I fly to vegas Saturday. Good idea or bad? Should I be playing to stay sharp or letting my brain rest a little so I'm refreshed when I hit the razz event? (I'll still be playing at my home game thursday because I think I could play blind and still win).

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Just to add to the overwhelming joy of my day so far...Over the weekend, my volts gauge started dropping to the point where the battery light popped on. I'm thinking "Not Good", and vow to keep an eye on the meter and take it to Autozone on Monday (today) to have the alternator tested, see what the problem is. Took the truck to Autozone, he ran the test, and told me that my alternator is currently generating about 7 amps of current. I asked him what it would normally be putting out if it was functioning properly, and he told me "eh, about 100 amps". He also told me that the truck was pretty obviously only running off the battery, which had lost a lot of charge during the test (to test a battery and alternator, they put a load on the battery, thus decreasing its charge to see how the alternator fares in recharging the battery). Fuck. Bought a new alternator (bye-bye $130) and pleged to myself to install it tonight once I get home to my driveway and tools and 120 degree heat in the shade. Got into the truck and turned the key. Chug...chug...chug...*start*..."FUCK!!! (the last part was the driver, not the truck). Now I'm driving down one of the busier streets in Rochester in the middle of lunch hour traffic. Driving with both feet because I'm constantly shifting an automatic transmission between Drive and Neutral to keep the revs up and thus keep my 7 amp alternator charging the battery as much as possible. The gauges are all flatlined at this point (except for the trusty volts gauge which is still desperately trying to get my attention) and none of the indicators are working (ie: no turn signals) as the truck tries to squeeze every last breath of juice out of the battery to keep the engine firing. I finally limp the truck into the parking lot at my job, and try to park as strategically as possible to give myself a chance at finding an outside outlet to hook my battery charger up and hopefully get home tonight. Silent pat on the back for myself for always having a battery charger and jumper cables in the truck, just in case. I decide to park in the old service area (where the company used to install cell phones in peoples cars, something we don't do anymore) and shut the truck down. Miraculously, I find an outlet within 30 feet of my parking spot. Go me. Only problem was, the battery charger only has a 6 foot power cable and my boy-scout ass never thought about packing an extension cord (this part was Matt's favorite, no doubt). Great, time to scour the building for creative ways to get power to the little truck that could."Procured" (stole) a 20 foot extension cord from the conference room that never gets used, plugged it into the outside outlet, and ran it over to the truck. Elementary Math now folks, how much good is a 20 foot extension cord and a 6 foot power cord going to do in briding a 30 foot gap? Not much, 4 feet short. Back into the office to "Procure" (steal) one of my power strips from under my desk. Bridge gapped, power successfully run from the building to the truck. Its charging now, hopefully there will be enough juice in the battery to get me home in a few hours. Then its just a simple matter of teaching myself how to change an alternator...in 100 degree heat. I have no doubts that I'll go outside in a couple hours to find that the battery charger and/or brand new alternator have been stolen, it's been that kind of day thusfar.

I could play blind and still win).
4.1 on the smugtrometer.
Just to add to the overwhelming joy of my day so far...Over the weekend, my volts gauge started dropping to the point where the battery light popped on. I'm thinking "Not Good", and vow to keep an eye on the meter and take it to Autozone on Monday (today) to have the alternator tested, see what the problem is. Took the truck to Autozone, he ran the test, and told me that my alternator is currently generating about 7 amps of current. I asked him what it would normally be putting out if it was functioning properly, and he told me "eh, about 100 amps". He also told me that the truck was pretty obviously only running off the battery, which had lost a lot of charge during the test (to test a battery and alternator, they put a load on the battery, thus decreasing its charge to see how the alternator fares in recharging the battery). Fuck. Bought a new alternator (bye-bye $130) and pleged to myself to install it tonight once I get home to my driveway and tools and 120 degree heat in the shade. Got into the truck and turned the key. Chug...chug...chug...*start*..."FUCK!!! (the last part was the driver, not the truck). Now I'm driving down one of the busier streets in Rochester in the middle of lunch hour traffic. Driving with both feet because I'm constantly shifting an automatic transmission between Drive and Neutral to keep the revs up and thus keep my 7 amp alternator charging the battery as much as possible. The gauges are all flatlined at this point (except for the trusty volts gauge which is still desperately trying to get my attention) and none of the indicators are working (ie: no turn signals) as the truck tries to squeeze every last breath of juice out of the battery to keep the engine firing. I finally limp the truck into the parking lot at my job, and try to park as strategically as possible to give myself a chance at finding an outside outlet to hook my battery charger up and hopefully get home tonight. Silent pat on the back for myself for always having a battery charger and jumper cables in the truck, just in case. I decide to park in the old service area (where the company used to install cell phones in peoples cars, something we don't do anymore) and shut the truck down. Miraculously, I find an outlet within 30 feet of my parking spot. Go me. Only problem was, the battery charger only has a 6 foot power cable and my boy-scout ass never thought about packing an extension cord (this part was Matt's favorite, no doubt). Great, time to scour the building for creative ways to get power to the little truck that could."Procured" (stole) a 20 foot extension cord from the conference room that never gets used, plugged it into the outside outlet, and ran it over to the truck. Elementary Math now folks, how much good is a 20 foot extension cord and a 6 foot power cord going to do in briding a 30 foot gap? Not much, 4 feet short. Back into the office to "Procure" (steal) one of my power strips from under my desk. Bridge gapped, power successfully run from the building to the truck. Its charging now, hopefully there will be enough juice in the battery to get me home in a few hours. Then its just a simple matter of teaching myself how to change an alternator...in 100 degree heat. I have no doubts that I'll go outside in a couple hours to find that the battery charger and/or brand new alternator have been stolen, it's been that kind of day thusfar.
Well, if the VP was having any doubts as to his next course of action, I'm instantly convinced Grand Theft Office Supplies has made his decision that much easier.
never thought about packing an extension cord (this part was Matt's favorite, no doubt).
What? I'm not good with electronics...(but I'm gay, so yes, that was my favorite part)
4.1 on the smugtrometer.Well, if the VP was having any doubts as to his next course of action, I'm instantly convinced Grand Theft Office Supplies has made his decision that much easier.
Maybe "borrow" was a better choice of words, they're going right back where they came from once the charging is done. Seems to be working, I just checked the battery and it's already up to the level I started the day at. Maybe I'll be able to get out of this after all...assuming I can figure out the whole alternator-changing part.

If anyone missed it, this actually was pretty funny. From Lance Armstrong's monologue:"France made it to the semi-finals of the World Cup. All of their players tested positive...for being assholes."I hate Armstrong, but I hate the French more.

Well, I shot 84 this morning, still not very good. Made a quad and a triple to screw up my round, could've saved a lot of strokes today.Probably just relaxin in the AC house today since it's hot as balls here. About 92 and 80% humidity.

Well, I shot 84 this morning, still not very good. Made a quad and a triple to screw up my round, could've saved a lot of strokes today.Probably just relaxin in the AC house today since it's hot as balls here. About 92 and 80% humidity.
LMG. So jelous.
Hey...they don't like me, I don't like them. I find it perfectly fair.This does not apply to French-Canadians.
I can't believe he fell for that Terrance
I know, Philip, he really is a fucking faggot!
A-HAHAHAHA180px-Terrance_phillip.png
QFT. goddamn french canadians. think they can give us poutine and mario lemieux and we'll forget all about them always trying to separate. well tough cheese kurds.
In all fairness Céline Dion cancels out anything good that ever came out of quebec, except 2 things: Me and poutine.
In all fairness Céline Dion cancels out anything good that ever came out of quebec, except 2 things: Me and poutine.
I'm glad we agree, though I'll give credit for Lemieux and Rue St. Catherine.

so im in a lil $10 tourney, top 30 make money, down to 42 left, my M's right at 5, quality of play at the table is absolutely horrendous. i get 22 in the small blind, one caller from MP, blinds at 2/400, i push with 3k, bb folds, MP calls with....k-10 off. flop comes j-j-2. im lookin pretty good.turn's another jack. hmm that doesnt help much.river is the 4th jack. oi.

That's not a very clever alter-ego.
I had just logged on and saw it at the bottom of the page. It has his old avatar, so I'm guessing he might have lost his original passwork or with the revent virus who knows. I know I spent 4 hours on Sat night/Sun morning deleting all of that shiite. I was in a panic because of the FCPHU.Wasn't me.Sox game update:MeRandy ReedHuskers 20Vick12 (most likely)I have about 8 tickets unspoken for.