I Called In Sick Today

Goddamnit
QFT with the addition of the fact that since I don't really like the people I'm working with, you guys definitely help me get through the day.I haven't posted much today because I have had a fair amount of work. Even still, I have still be able to catch up and still do my work. I refuse to believe that anyone is THAT busy that spending an hour of their time during the work day on here catching up and posting will cause them to fall behind in their work or not be as productive as they should be. I don't do my best work when I am distracted, but the fact that I do such a repetitive task at times leads to boredom and the distraction keeps that at bay.
I agree with you on the first part, on the 2nd part Hobbes probably works some crazy hours being in a public accounting firm. That's really the number 1 reason I haven't tried to work for a public firm, I have no desire to put in 60 hours a week. By not posting it probably means he spends less hours in the office and more at home. That being said, I hope he changes his mind and drops by occasionally.
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Very sorry to see you go. Shared lots of laughs and we genuinely enjoyed your conversation. The place won't be the same without you and Turd, and I hope in the future you'll be able to take the route of Habs and others, and still make occasional appearances.Best of luck on the wife, possible promotion and everything else.
QFT.Peace be with you.
Is there something more than his great pitching ability that makes him special? Is he well hung? Details, man.
No, it is mostly his pitching ability.I've seen a lot of games at Frontier Field, and I have seen a lot of pitchers, and he just dominated in a way that was completely different from anyone that I have seen. He was completely major league-ready when he arrived in Rochester from Double-A, and he just kept getting better and better with each game. Simmons keeps talking about vintage Pedro being capable of anything at anytime-this is sort of the way I feel about Liriano. I don't think he will have too many dozen strikeout games, mainly because he works quickly and throws pitches that are hittable, but batters can only get groundballs out of them. I don't think he has a true comparison in the majors, mainly because he never seemed to care whether or not he got a strikeout or a groundout. In that respect he seems a lot like Maddux, but with stronger stuff (94 mph fastball, a ridiculous slider, and a very solid changeup) that will only continue to develop. This isn't a flash in the pan type of pitcher-this is a pitcher who is built for the long haul and is going to be a cornerstone of your franchise for as long as the Twins are willing to spend to keep him.
No, it is mostly his pitching ability.I've seen a lot of games at Frontier Field, and I have seen a lot of pitchers, and he just dominated in a way that was completely different from anyone that I have seen. He was completely major league-ready when he arrived in Rochester from Double-A, and he just kept getting better and better with each game. Simmons keeps talking about vintage Pedro being capable of anything at anytime-this is sort of the way I feel about Liriano. I don't think he will have too many dozen strikeout games, mainly because he works quickly and throws pitches that are hittable, but batters can only get groundballs out of them. I don't think he has a true comparison in the majors, mainly because he never seemed to care whether or not he got a strikeout or a groundout. In that respect he seems a lot like Maddux, but with stronger stuff (94 mph fastball, a ridiculous slider, and a very solid changeup) that will only continue to develop. This isn't a flash in the pan type of pitcher-this is a pitcher who is built for the long haul and is going to be a cornerstone of your franchise for as long as the Twins are willing to spend to keep him.
negro please. He's good, but lets let him get 20 major league starts under his belt before we start making Pedro comparisons.two wordsKevin Maas(yankee fans will recognize this as the fastest hitter to ever reach 10 hrs in his ml debut, 77 at bats I think. He was the next Mattingly. 4 years later out of the league.Hitters will start making adjustments his 2nd and 3rd time around the league, they'll get a book on him, and he'll take some lumps. Special? Maybe. HOF right now? No.
I'm sorry I have to go.
Dude, you have to do what you have to do.You will be missed.
negro please. He's good, but lets let him get 20 major league starts under his belt before we start making Pedro comparisons.two wordsKevin Maas(yankee fans will recognize this as the fastest hitter to ever reach 10 hrs in his ml debut, 77 at bats I think. He was the next Mattingly. 4 years later out of the league.Hitters will start making adjustments his 2nd and 3rd time around the league, they'll get a book on him, and he'll take some lumps. Special? Maybe. HOF right now? No.
I'll ignore the Maas comparison, Maas came into the league unable to hit a curveball and left that way as well. His stats in the minors didn't project at all to what he did in that incredible streak in the majors.On the other hand, Lirianos stats in the minors have projected almost exactly to how well he has done in the majors (in actuality, he has been unlucky so far and his opponents batting average is abnormally high, and he will be better served once he gets some positive variance and it goes down).I also got to see him work in 5 of his 14 starts last year in Rochester and can say that his approach to the game is decidedly mature. He never got emotional, he pitched well in the rare difficult situations that he faced, and he always seemed pleased to get outs, regardless of how he got them. He works quickly and efficiently. Like I said, I have been going to minor league games for over 15 years now, and I have never seen a more major league-ready pitcher.

I just read the rest of your assessment of young Liriano. All I can say is:Lets not starts sucking his d1ck just yet.Dwight Gooden was built for the long haulFelix HernandezHe's good yes

Just went through and caught up..Habs, congrats on the house..Bizzle, congrats on the cash (slightly belated)Hobbes, good luck to youLadies of the sick thread, someone's gotta fill in that top 10 list now..:: still not me face ::

Bizzle, congrats on the cash (slightly belated)
Thanks boss.Post-win story.So me, my brother, and two of our buddies are sitting around last night watching some TV and whatnot and we/they decide that it is time to go spend some of Bizzle's money, so we head off to the mall. I buy 2 CDs, they buy a few shirts and whatnot (they paid).Before we left, someone who wasn't going with us requested that we buy them a cookie from the cookie counter in the mall. We head over towards it around 9:30 (at a slow pace because my brother is a gimp right now) and we get there as they are beginning to close up. I buy the oatmeal raisin cookie that was requested and offer to get cookies for everyone. My brother steps up to the counter, hems and haws about his decision, and finally settles on some insanely sugar laced monstrosity. My two buddies step up next and begin to think about their decisions. The girl behind the counter, who was laughing at the fact that their brains switch to "retarded" when it comes to decision making, was clearly getting a little impatient. After the third "no, wait a minute, not that one" that one of them said, she just reached into the display case and pulled out the 3 remaining trays of cookies. She proceeded to dump all 3 trays, which were between half and 3/4ths full, into two bags, handed them to us and said "Have a nice night!" in a cheerful tone. She went and turned out the lights, and we stood there, a little dumbfounded as to what just happened.
OK guys, time to share the bad news. This is the last I will be posting here. You may have noticed that I wasn't here yesterday. That is because my wife and I spent the day together and we talked about a lot of stuff. One of the things that came up is that I am neglecting my work too much because of the time I spend on here. And that is all true. I made a promise that I wouldn't go on here anymore and I would focus more on work and on her. I'm sure this sounds like Caleb part 2, but you'll probably remember that I was on his side on that one, so it shouldn't shock you that I am doing this for her.All of you guys really made me laugh a lot and you guys feel like friends to me. I'm sorry I have to go.Thanks for the laughs and the good discussion.
Goddammit.Good luck man, don't be afraid to pop in once in a while.
Everything is coming up Bizzle!!
Seriously! I had like 7 cookies last night and we didn't even touch one of the bags.Just a ridiculous amount of positive life-variance right now. Something's gotta go wrong.
Yeah, I still kinda think of Bluff whenever I see that pic. Has he returned at all?On the other note, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker or anything, it'd just be a little weird is all.
Bluff doesn't have internet access where he is. He's been on the army thread a few times like Dustin said when he was staying with Tommy and I've talked to him on the phone a couple of times. He's doing well but not playing any poker. I miss Bluff.
< called in sick today
Me too!
Thanks, it's nice to be back. I can't return on a full time basis, but i'm gonna try to sneak in more often and at least stay caught up. Feel free to clue me in to any missed boob shots and i'd also like an update on the fat fuck contest. Thank god i'm not participating cause i'd be losing pretty badly.And now, without further adoo, I BOUGHT A HOUSE BITCHES!I have two 1 bedroom appartments upstairs that are rented out, a huge basement and a big yard. I move september 1st!
Congratz Habsey! Best investment you can make.
OK guys, time to share the bad news. This is the last I will be posting here. You may have noticed that I wasn't here yesterday. That is because my wife and I spent the day together and we talked about a lot of stuff. One of the things that came up is that I am neglecting my work too much because of the time I spend on here. And that is all true. I made a promise that I wouldn't go on here anymore and I would focus more on work and on her. I'm sure this sounds like Caleb part 2, but you'll probably remember that I was on his side on that one, so it shouldn't shock you that I am doing this for her.All of you guys really made me laugh a lot and you guys feel like friends to me. I'm sorry I have to go.Thanks for the laughs and the good discussion.
I am instantly convinced that I hate this idea.
Thanks boss.Post-win story.So me, my brother, and two of our buddies are sitting around last night watching some TV and whatnot and we/they decide that it is time to go spend some of Bizzle's money, so we head off to the mall. I buy 2 CDs, they buy a few shirts and whatnot (they paid).Before we left, someone who wasn't going with us requested that we buy them a cookie from the cookie counter in the mall. We head over towards it around 9:30 (at a slow pace because my brother is a gimp right now) and we get there as they are beginning to close up. I buy the oatmeal raisin cookie that was requested and offer to get cookies for everyone. My brother steps up to the counter, hems and haws about his decision, and finally settles on some insanely sugar laced monstrosity. My two buddies step up next and begin to think about their decisions. The girl behind the counter, who was laughing at the fact that their brains switch to "retarded" when it comes to decision making, was clearly getting a little impatient. After the third "no, wait a minute, not that one" that one of them said, she just reached into the display case and pulled out the 3 remaining trays of cookies. She proceeded to dump all 3 trays, which were between half and 3/4ths full, into two bags, handed them to us and said "Have a nice night!" in a cheerful tone. She went and turned out the lights, and we stood there, a little dumbfounded as to what just happened.
:most hilarious thing I've read all day face:
Seriously! I had like 7 cookies last night and we didn't even touch one of the bags.Just a ridiculous amount of positive life-variance right now. Something's gotta go wrong.
Don't think that. It's gonna continue and you'll bang some hot MILF tonight.
OK guys, time to share the bad news. All of you guys really made me laugh a lot and you guys feel like friends to me. I'm sorry I have to go.Thanks for the laughs and the good discussion.
I respect you for the decision, but I don't have to like it.
I get confused as to why people think they need to leave this place forever and not post anymore, because FCP is the root of their problems.Learn moderation. It's that simple. Just pop in occasionally.But hey, whatever you feel is the best for you and your family, best of luck.
again, QFT
QFT with the addition of the fact that since I don't really like the people I'm working with, you guys definitely help me get through the day.I haven't posted much today because I have had a fair amount of work. Even still, I have still be able to catch up and still do my work. I refuse to believe that anyone is THAT busy that spending an hour of their time during the work day on here catching up and posting will cause them to fall behind in their work or not be as productive as they should be. I don't do my best work when I am distracted, but the fact that I do such a repetitive task at times leads to boredom and the distraction keeps that at bay.
Again, QFTAs i've mentioned before my girlfriend thinks this whole thread is awesome and actually said she would truly be sad if it died off. She is so jealous since her work doesn't allow any such fun and is tedious. Hell, I could go right now and move an hour closer to home and get a better paying job but I won't do it. (More hours and constant bull to put up with and no freedom of the internet)I love my job and her and they can co-exist and do rather nicely. It's a shame others can't find the medium or feel the need to choose. What's next? Give up Sunday football? Give up poker? Give up those group hugs with the guys in the shower that really aren't all that creepy after all? Umm, forget the last one but you get the point.Habs-Congrats!!
I have several lists, and you are definatley the top spot on one of them.Sorry, I've been sidetracked this morning, congrats on the house. Now where the fuck is my poem??
What, the small cock list? Goddamnit, dethroned again.As far as your poem, I know, I know but i've been busy, damnit!
Again, QFTAs i've mentioned before my girlfriend thinks this whole thread is awesome and actually said she would truly be sad if it died off. She is so jealous since her work doesn't allow any such fun and is tedious. Hell, I could go right now and move an hour closer to home and get a better paying job but I won't do it. (More hours and constant bull to put up with and no freedom of the internet)I love my job and her and they can co-exist and do rather nicely. It's a shame others can't find the medium or feel the need to choose. What's next? Give up Sunday football? Give up poker? Give up those group hugs with the guys in the shower that really aren't all that creepy after all? Umm, forget the last one but you get the point.
I am instantly convinced that your GF is too cool for you and is in actuality a witness protection victim assigned to live in the safest home in the United States.

Am I the only one who thinks that magically one day Hobbes, Shake, and Caleb are all going to pop back in and go "HAHA just fucking with you!" and then everything will be back to normal?No?:desperately clinging on to hopes and dreams face:

If this thread doesn't liven up I may be forced to post pictures and I know how much you would all hate that.
Shhhhhh! Everybody quiet!
Start making time for me damn you! I'm already having a shitty morning as it is, I don't need any grief from you right now.I hart you.
Would you like a peanut?Here's an instantly made up limerick in the meantime.My sweetest LolliYou are the only one that makes my cock jollyI don't care what other people say, It's okay.Bring out the YogiJust as long as you suck on my hoagie.