Jump to content

I Called In Sick Today


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 267.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ron_Mexico

    19413

  • speedz99

    16304

  • Napa Lite

    7767

  • ShakeZuma

    7517

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I forget if I even updated the group on my career chat with someone pretty high up in my company, the guy who is stonewalling me but pretending not to be. 

He basically tried to turn it into me asking for compensation or a title and I didn’t engage. I explained that the ask is for more responsibility and that I am assuming the compensation and title will be there long-term. I’m not starving, I don’t care about 2020. Said that verbatim, told him I was aware that that could be used against me in the comp committee.

I pushed for involvement in his team, and he said something about maybe making a temporary, limited spot for me. I started quizzing him on the stuff I know they discuss that directly relates to my current job, making the argument that in practice, I’m never going to be in the room for the pertinent conversations.

He tried to shoot the first one down, I raised a second one that had happened the prior week, and he cuts me off to say “let me decide how you can help me.” I told him that, just because I’ve got a problem, doesn’t mean he’s obliged to help me, and I know that. He threw out something along the lines of “I do want to help you” while he was processing.

He wants to retain me (I left the door open to him telling me to F off multiple times) but he doesn’t want it to be with his group. He is aware that the firm’s relationship with me is about as bad as it has ever been, all the pressure on me to move back home, etc. My unwillingness to make a comp or title demand is another awkward factor for him. It is a weird situation. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, InternetExplorer said:

I forget if I even updated the group on my career chat with someone pretty high up in my company, the guy who is stonewalling me but pretending not to be. 

He basically tried to turn it into me asking for compensation or a title and I didn’t engage. I explained that the ask is for more responsibility and that I am assuming the compensation and title will be there long-term. I’m not starving, I don’t care about 2020. Said that verbatim, told him I was aware that that could be used against me in the comp committee.

I pushed for involvement in his team, and he said something about maybe making a temporary, limited spot for me. I started quizzing him on the stuff I know they discuss that directly relates to my current job, making the argument that in practice, I’m never going to be in the room for the pertinent conversations.

He tried to shoot the first one down, I raised a second one that had happened the prior week, and he cuts me off to say “let me decide how you can help me.” I told him that, just because I’ve got a problem, doesn’t mean he’s obliged to help me, and I know that. He threw out something along the lines of “I do want to help you” while he was processing.

He wants to retain me (I left the door open to him telling me to F off multiple times) but he doesn’t want it to be with his group. He is aware that the firm’s relationship with me is about as bad as it has ever been, all the pressure on me to move back home, etc. My unwillingness to make a comp or title demand is another awkward factor for him. It is a weird situation. 

I'm glad it's weird for him.  That puts the ball squarely in his court and in your exit interview you can say plainly that he pushed you out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mk said:

never in a million years would've guessed sondland would be the guy

Conservatives don't lie, mk. 

YMM6FzA.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sondland’s texts were hilarious. He may as well have said, “for any future impeachment hearings, I would like to commit to the record...”

And obviously his counterpart was wise to the game. Something along the lines of “let’s stop texting about this please.”

I was not sure what to make of it originally, because I was under the assumption that these were all Trump appointees, and anyone out of line would just be insta fired. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanksgiving plans?

 

I'm going back to heaven/Iowa.  I'll be there from Wednesday through Sunday.  I'm looking forward to it.  I would like to give hunting a shot.  (I've never really hunted, which is crazy considering where I come from)  I just need to gun and a hunting season to be open.  We will see.  We will definitely be 4-wheeling and having fun with family.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You might also need a license or hunters safety card.

 

 Heading down to KS today then driving over to blondie's mom's tomorrow. Happy gluttony everybody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, hank213 said:

You might also need a license or hunters safety card.

 

 Heading down to KS today then driving over to blondie's mom's tomorrow. Happy gluttony everybody.

I knew about the license, but I hadn't considered a hunter safety course.  I hope that's not the case or my plans are ruined.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, brvheart said:

I knew about the license, but I hadn't considered a hunter safety course.  I hope that's not the case or my plans are ruined.

But think of how you’ll make the day of the defenseless animal you don’t kill.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are just a small group of the wife’s family.  Just 5 of us total, as the rest of them are out of town, so we are doing a brunch of sorts. 
 

mimosa bar (multiple juices and concoctions)
Bloody marys
French toast casserole
Lots of pork products (sausage, thick cut bacon, ham)
Cheesy grits (we don’t really like them; but her sister does)
Omelet station or eggs any way they want the
Biscuits, English muffins, bagels or whatever anyone wants. 
something her sister is bringing, sausage related 

 

gonna get a good buzz, nap, then who knows 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 10:40 AM, brvheart said:

I knew about the license, but I hadn't considered a hunter safety course.  I hope that's not the case or my plans are ruined.

I think a hunter's safety card is sometimes needed for game where a state license isn't necessary, like some fowl. For other game, like deer, a license is required I believe. It seems to be pretty similar among midwest states. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deer gun season isn't until mid-December in Iowa, but I saw 2 bucks, 3 doe, and about 40 pheasants while driving around on my parent's land on the four-wheeler.  Pheasant is so tasty.  I might need to just bag a few, but without a dog, it seems like a huge hassle to find them in the brush.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 8:17 PM, Ron_Mexico said:

But think of how you’ll make the day of the defenseless animal you don’t kill.  

 

That's fair.  I just don't see a difference in eating steak, chicken, or venison.  I would never kill something just for fun, like a lion or something.  But I have no issues with killing something for food.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know if this is happening to me, but apparently the review process for a good chunk of the company will be an assessment, and then compensation will be communicated in a letter afterwards. Never heard of such a thing. Terrible development for those people, I’d say. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a little quiet, but we are still here.  Eventually, Mexico will do what he's supposed to do and provide us some quality content.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ISU is playing Notre Dame on December 28th in Orlando.  Naps, you and I should go crash at Mexico's and hit the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's totally my family's Christmas as well.  I didn't even want to see you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey you still owe me a trip to MPLS mi amigo. 
 

I know flights between Chicago and MSP are pretty cheap. 
 

 

also, I got another dog. Did I tell you guys that?  
 

I’ve been so busy with work and my side gig I don’t have the energy to **** around on the internet much. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...