I Called In Sick Today

I need a new mentor, I wonder what Randy Reed is up to.

If you want to quit your job and only work on getting Trump out of the White House, RR is your man. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I’m so gd jealous of people that get to work from hole regularly. My productivity would almost surely go up and my job satisfaction would skyrocket. 80% of the days go by without me speaking to another person about anything workrelated anyways. Gdi just let me work from home.

Just try to find something where you can. It’s out there.

if you can work from home there's no real reason not to do what you did, hanky. i plan to do the same this very friday.

We can work from home but try to keep it rather infrequent. The guidance we give our directs is once or twice per month and on a pre-arranged basis. To be clear: I wasn't working from home yesterday, I was mostly napping.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm a big Miguel fan but I wouldn't pay festival prices to go see him. Of all those acts there's only a few I like and even then most of them are more DJ's featuring other artists so seeing them live would be mostly eehhh.

Is he the brother of the kid who plays Carl on Shameless? Why does his mouth look like he has a grill in but it's a grill that is the color of teeth? So many questions...

• Like 1

Brvy at a Lil Xan show is a hilarious thought. Brv, put on some Lil Xan on spottily, and then weep for our youth.

I seriously can't believe that his most popular song (the song you posted) has 230,000,000 listens. That's incredible. It's also a horrible song in my opinion.

Th only news is that I ever was foolish enough to think I’d get a promotion to have the title of the job I’ve been doing for two years. They fvcked me on another sales opportunity as well, taking a huge new deal from me and giving it to someone in St. Louis, without telling me anything until it was done, because they said I am too busy. That’s cash money out of my pocket. They’re begging me to leave, it’s pretty clear at this point.

Recruiter wants to send my resume to an opening at a hedge fund. $30B under management. I looked up the people at the firm and it’s all Harvard, Princeton, Goldman, piper jaffray, etc. I don’t know if I even want to send my resume knowing there’s like no way I make it through the process to just keep from getting my hopes up. One nice thing though is the office is in the Wells Fargo building downtown so all the public transit goes there and there’s a bus stop two blocks from my place that’s on the express route that goes directly there. Google says 30 minutes there and back even at peak times. I do worry I’d have to start wearing suits and work 50-60 hour weeks. And while the pay is decent it’s not life changing. At least not for this role. Maybe bonuses would be really good. Who knows. No way I make it through the interview process much less get brought in.

I did get an interview request for a fortune 5 company though. My friend works there and put in a good word to the recruiter for me so that helped, I’m sure. It’s in a very desireable area of their business to be in, too, according to my friend.

• Like 1

May I suggest that if you interview with the 30B fund (henceforth referred to as Kahn Associates) you emphasize fraternity shenanigans, beer pong, and perhaps even challenge the interviewer to a wrestling match after which the loser shall have their chest shat upon?

I'm picturing a bunch of b-school bro types for some reason

there's no cast for that but goddammit there should be

• Like 1

got crushed at 2/5 last night. first bad hand found us on the button with kings. UTG opens for 20, two callers before me, and i make it 80. UTG folds, and one of the callers shoves for 650. i didn't snap call, but i was pretty sure he didn't have rockets, and when i called he said FVCK, and showed jacks. obviously he flops a set and we lose that one.

next rough hand saw the guy to my left, who was UTG, open to 30. i look down at rockets, and make it 100. folds back to him and he calls. i put him on big ace, maybe jacks but not queens or kings. flop is K 5 2, two diamonds. he has about 450 left, and checks to me. i bet 140 and he insta shoves. i have the ace of diamonds so i call pretty quickly. he shows deuces, which i did not expect to see. we do not improve and we're down over 1000 now.

i won a few hands, got it back up to around 800, when i get J 10 spades in middle position. folds to me so i open for 20 and the button makes it 75. guy plays all the time, so i have his three bet button range pretty wide (not that it ends up mattering). folds to me and i call. flop is 10 7 9, two spades. i check, and he bets 120. i call. turn is an off suit ace, which i don't like. i check. he only bets 150, which is very concerning, but i call. river brings my flush, but pairs the board (9 of hearts). i check, he bets 300 and i have to call. he has aces.

left with 220 or so, and was in for 1500. good news is i didn't make any really dumb plays. i don't think anyways.

That’s rough but I’m impressed you were able to turn down 1k to up 800. Sounds pretty swongy.

No I just had 800 total. I was never up at any point. It was a wild game. Some run good next time and I’ll get it all back, and more.

• Like 1