I Called In Sick Today

When we have the place closer to the way we want it, i’ll Post some before and afters. It’s a fixer upper that needs some work. That’s gonna be not fun and not cheap

• Like 1
  • Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

I've always said if you get a chance to spend a lot of money on new home repairs that you don't like doing, while moving out of a place that you do like, you just gotta do it.

• Like 7

I've always said if you get a chance to spend a lot of money on new home repairs that you don't like doing, while moving out of a place that you do like, you just gotta do it.

You’re married, correct?

We really wanted a bigger yard, and by bigger, I mean any yard. The dogs love it. This pool has a jacuzzi. And a waterfall, which our current one does not have. We like this place’s layout better. We are just making it open concept by blowing out a wall and pantry that separates the kitchen and living area. We like the neighborhood and it’s in our same area. We aren’t doing the construction and I ain’t chainsawing any trees. I’ll be doing the ground level landscaping stuff, which I don’t mind.

I’m not great with change and stuff that doesn’t work perfectly, etc.

This place was a rental for 10 years, so it needs the love and attention of a homeowner, not renters and not an absentee landlord

It’s why I like our currently place. It’s had one owner, my wife. It’s been cared for by her for 17years, and me since late 2010. That type of stuff makes a difference. Keeping up with the pool, the lawn, the landscaping, little fixes. This place will get there

• Like 2

Gotcha. The yard is a big deal. I just always liked the pictures of your current place. Hope it works out.

To be determined. Hah

Hit a brother up with a link...

the way i remember it, i was in college cleaning cars and picking people up for enterprise rent a car. i was driving a customer somewhere, and in those days i drove around a lot so i listened to talk radio all day, and this filet-o-fish ad comes on for mcdonalds (that i'd heard a dozen times that week probably) and i gave a sort of sarcastic chuckle. i dont remember the ad, but i remember thinking that every fvcking hack writer thinks they are writing a seinfeld episode and sucks at it.

but the customer heard my chuckle and said "oh you like that ad?"

i said no i think it sucks and proceeded to explain how it was trying way to hard and everyone wanted to be seinfeld and no one ever could be.

and the guy was like oh i wrote that ad.

• Like 2

I'm not near good enough at search to find it, sorry. It's really not that outrageous of a story or anything. It was just sufficiently odd and quintessential SA that it's stuck with me.

I split my old 401k up because I sort of panicked when I thought I was going to be kicked out soon and so I put the traditional in my current 401k so I could borrow against it if need be and then put the Roth portion to vanguard so I could withdraw from the principal if I needed to. And I put the pension payout in a vanguard traditional ira in case I borrowed from my 401k and then got fired or quit unexpectedly and had to pay it back so I'd be able to convert it to a Roth, use the proceeds to pay back the loan, and then deal with the tax code sequences later (it's not a huge amount).

But now it's looking like I won't be kicked out anytime soon and even if I am another friend is looking to buy a house currently and said I can move in with him for however long I want.

man, you worry too much. you're gonna be running that place some day.

i know none of you care, but that never stopped me before, so...i get sent to pick up a customer at the Hyundai dealership. its a lady, probably around 30 years old. we're in the car and an advertisement for McDonalds comes on. its one where Zeus makes fun of Poseiden for having to buy a fish sandwhich at McDonalds because he cant catch any fish without his magical rod, which he left at his ex girlfriends. and you know Poseiden aint dealing with that shit. at the end of it I give a sarcastic laugh of disgust and the lady says to meYou liked that ad?No, it was horrible. I produced it. Really?Yeah. What didnt you like about it?Well, everything I guess. It was trying way to hard and that sarcastic too cool for school style comedy is in every ad nowadays. I see. I'll tell the writer what you though. He's a friend of mine.I doubt he cares what I think, but tell him to branch out and be original.Wow. Pretty honest there.Might as well.

Remember when that one lady grilled you on the Poseidon mcfish sandwich radio commercial her friend apparently made? I liked that story.

what a memory this guy has. a true braj until the very end. that was an awkward moment for sure. mcdonalds only needs one commercial for the filet o fish. and this is it:

anyone have a roth ira that they opened on their own that would like to tell me that they like the company they have it with and offer any general advice?

I need to roll over my 401k somewhere from my old job I think. I don't know anything. Sorry my dude. I can't even start contributingto my new jobs 401k until June 2014. I probably should start up a Roth IRA as well.

Time is a flat circle

• Like 3

I remember you mentioned Poseidon and I figured that wouldn’t get thrown around too much so I searched for that and it came up with just my post from 2013 and then I thought well maybe it was spelled wrong so I searched poseiden and voila. The March 2013 401k discussion was like immediately after me bringing up the ad in 2013 and i thought that was weird so I quoted everything and then referenced a child kidnapper (and probably pedophile) from a tv show to bring it all together.

• Like 1

he is a president of the average man, after all.

i'm flying to los angeles and back on monday. should be a REAL FUN day. flight at 7:30 am and get back at midnight.

How the **** did napa remember that. You need to be counting cards and put your talents to good use, Napa.

Every time I try to count cards I get distracted or bored and then lose the count. I also don’t have the guts to really press when the count is good.

i really need to change the way i live because if my power was out for that amount of time, and if i was unable to leave my apartment, i'd probably die. i rarely have any food at the house. i need to start disaster prepping.

Even though it does nothing but make my life more difficult I still get a tinge of disappointment whenever big snow storm predictions don’t came to fruition. We were supposed to get up to 10” today/tonight but now it’s down to like 5”. They even cancelled schools even though it hadn’t even started snowing yet.

Of course, the worst part is supposed to be right around commute time. My boss has in the past excused us at noon to work from home the rest of the day in similar situations but the accounting manager stopped by and said he’s in a bad mood today so I’m doubtful.

You ain’t lying, Thera. Essentially flew in, drive south on the 405 for 40 miles to see one client, then another 20 miles south on the 405 to see the second client. Then 60 miles back to LAX for a flight at 7 local time, which gets me back in KC at midnight. I didn’t see anything of note.