• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Don't give in, Napa. The clapping really makes all of them unwatchable.

I do recommend watching the Nixon clip where he says, "yeah, enough of this Watergate business, its been a year for God's sake!"

Please try to accurately quote me in the future.

I'm still on the fence about Lorde/RTJ. I'll probably end up going, but I don't like arena concerts very much, especially for something like RTJ. But, floor is going to be over $100, and I have no idea if it'll be seats, or open area. Arenas stink.

When I got my job, I got a 10 month "trial" contract, with the promise of a 5k raise and a 3-year contract if things didn't go pear-shaped. So, I just got the new contract in email, with the raise, and its the pretty standard town job, so I'm not fighting for anything. It's a 3-year process to get certified as both a treasurer and tax collector, but I'll have a lot more leverage on the next go-round once I'm certified and way more comfortable with everything. As it is, I'll have 2.5%-3.5% yearly raises, and start moving up the chain.

• Like 1

You have that type of job security, Napa. I mean, why would they get rid of you in the next 3 years?

We haven’t had our year end reviews yet but my boss said in a meeting the other day that we all got pretty good reviews. Now all I can do is wait to find out if there’s any raise associated with a pretty good review for a mid-year hire.

We haven't had our year end reviews yet but my boss said in a meeting the other day that we all got pretty good reviews. Now all I can do is wait to find out if there's any raise associated with a pretty good review for a mid-year hire.

OffEJTR.gif

So BTC, huh? Let me know when it's a good time to jump on. I wonder how low it's going to get.

Are there any secondary currencies and seem poised to step up and replace BTC? I want to get in on the ground floor.

So BTC, huh? Let me know when it's a good time to jump on. I wonder how low it's going to get.

Are there any secondary currencies and seem poised to step up and replace BTC? I want to get in on the ground floor.

I'm reluctant to use the phrasing "the next Bitcoin", because it's so over-used, but I do think that we've identified one that fills that role. I would not generally advise people to invest heavily directly in BTC anymore. I think you're much better off in ETH if you want a strong base currency. With that said, NANO (formerly RaiBlocks/XRB) really is poised to take over from Bitcoin eventually. After an explosive "start" in December, it has largely moved sideways since due to the overall market and a few exchange hiccups, and it's a long journey ahead, but it should have some legs. Being in the crypto space, it's actually exciting to play with it...and simple. Transactions are fee-less and near-instant (probably 3-5 seconds on average). I've gotten a ton of people on the train...and I keep trying to cram more on when I can. I rarely shill, but if there was a time to do it, this seems like it.

• Like 1