I Called In Sick Today

my brvy, i wouldn't steer you wrong on tv. the pilot was good, def good enough to keep you watching episode 2. but the end of episode 2 was where we separate the men from the boys. the main character is buying the naming rights to a building in manhattan and he gives a speech and if you dont enjoy that and love him for it you won't like the show. it was amazing stuff.

and i never roll the windows down in my car. that messes up the window tint. but i do generally have it on the highest heat or the lowest AC. i'm not afraid to make a choice.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

stockholm syndrome is one of those things i won't actually believe exists unless i saw it in person. seems ridiculous and impossible.

Kidnapper or kidnapee?

Talked with the head of the trading department at the firm that we kinda contract for. He’s like 24 and totally convinced he’s a genius. It’s kind of baffling at times, hearing the ways he brags. He found a way to mention that he was helping multiple people cheat through college, then added that they all dropped out after he stopped helping them. I couldn’t even come up with a response.

In a way, it is sort of good for my firm, knowing that the other firm is investing so much in a guy that probably isn’t going to work out.

Talked with the head of the trading department at the firm that we kinda contract for. He’s like 24 and totally convinced he’s a genius. It’s kind of baffling at times, hearing the ways he brags. He found a way to mention that he was helping multiple people cheat through college, then added that they all dropped out after he stopped helping them. I couldn’t even come up with a response.

In a way, it is sort of good for my firm, knowing that the other firm is investing so much in a guy that probably isn’t going to work out.

That is quite the brag.

I’m building an interest rate change model and I gotta tell ya...it’s pretty f’n cool and I’m worried it won’t get the recognition it deserves because it’s so user friendly that it looks simple when nobody here could put together something so sophisticated.

I'm building an interest rate change model and I gotta tell ya...it's pretty f'n cool and I'm worried it won't get the recognition it deserves because it's so user friendly that it looks simple when nobody here could put together something so sophisticated.

That is quite the brag.

brv, here's a better guide:

https://medium.com/@...de-b3e4a58bb5af

If you want to use my referral links for KuCoin or Binance though, I would appreciate it.

What are your thoughts on Ripple? Do you have any? Best way to get into it?

be careful out there friends. this lady at work, who does the same job as me, she took a call from a big client who has money in custody accounts. he wanted to sell all his shares in a certain stock. somehow she and another guy on our floor messed up the ticker - from what i understand the stock trades on one ticker in the USA and one overseas - and so she authorized the broker to sell 25,000 shares of a position client didn't own. stock went up 63 cents a share before it was realized and so he took a 16,000 loss (i was told). or the firm will because we will pay it back. she was told by management people are fired for things like this. i'm a little hazy on how it all happened, but my guess is the client said sell all shares of company X, i don't have time to give you the ticker i'm on vacation. she looks it up and gives that ticker to the broker. broker then sells that position even though client doesn't hold it because he's done that before.

just goes to show you gotta be more precise in your communication. sucks for her, but i dont think they will fire her.

• Like 1

Yikes.

We (finally) signed the agreement to sell a few branches and it was put on me (at 3:30 pm on a Thursday) to compile a list of all accounts in the affected branches, all accounts that were in those branches but that were moved, and then all other accounts (by Friday AM).

It was a PITA but I got it done and letters went out this week. (Marketing guy couldn’t believe I was able to get it done that quick and be able to walk him through tying everything out. Said it would have taken my predecessor at least a week and then not even that concise but that’s not the point)

Got a call from marketing guy yesterday saying an employee had gotten a letter addressed to some other person and we needed to figure out wtf happened. I was panicked, of course, because I was sure i messed something up since I didn’t have time to double check as much as I’d liked but it turns out shit was wrong in the system and it wasn’t my fault at all. GIGO, IMO.

• Like 1

10x10 square. Every row/column numbered from 0-9. One team across the top and the other in the side. At the end of every quarter you match up the last digit of the score for each team and that square wins a % of the pot. So I’d the score was 21-34 Pats at half you’d find 1 on the eagle side and 4 on the pats side and the intersection wins.

got my annual compensation review today. same raise and bonus as last year despite my vast increase in responsibility these past 10 months. very disappointing stuff. but i guess if it doesn't matter how well i do my job i can leave at 4 every day confident my bonus next year will be precisely the same.

I have seen bad communication internal to the firm that cost us literally $30k. The guys directly responsible for the trade error were getting paid incentive comp based on those portfolios, and they absorbed none of the financial consequences personally. It was baffling. The idea that someone could be fired in an ambiguous situation like the one you described, contrasted against the above at a much much smaller firm, is completely absurd to me.