Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Yeah, well, I had an idea of somehow taking my forecasting model and combining it with my executive dashboard to create a product to sell to individual customers and I ran it by our data analytics manager, assuming it was something they were already doing, and he loves the idea and now I have to put together some sort of mock up.

On one hand, it's kinda cool to have an idea of mine possibly have merit and I think it'll look really good on a resume to be able to say that I was able to create actual revenue while part of a support department but on the other this is just more work for me and at most I might get a $500 service bonus.

• Like 2

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is actually a really good show.

It really is. It's too bad the ratings are so horrible. They keep declining and I'm worried we won't get like 6-10 seasons, like we would if this show had started in 2003.

Like this is what I was trying to use but its not quality enough. Basically just this.

4RCLuyk.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!ngZWTDoR!ygDOOtPk_PJ8ahvaTkomSQJY528uWMNrSgySR9jXww4

• Like 1

That will be hard with all that white space. Maybe I can add a border or something to get it up?

Yeah, well, I had an idea of somehow taking my forecasting model and combining it with my executive dashboard to create a product to sell to individual customers and I ran it by our data analytics manager, assuming it was something they were already doing, and he loves the idea and now I have to put together some sort of mock up.

On one hand, it's kinda cool to have an idea of mine possibly have merit and I think it'll look really good on a resume to be able to say that I was able to create actual revenue while part of a support department but on the other this is just more work for me and at most I might get a $500 service bonus.

I remember getting a $50 gift card at my last job, as a reward for saving essentially four hours of processing per day. Not nearly as potentially impactful as yours, but the dollar amount was real frustrating. In the process of figuring out how to capture those four hours of savings, I picked up so many tricks for my toolbox... so I figure my actual return is probably pretty big at this point.

So, I got thank you notes from 2 "C-level" execs yesterday thanking me for my work on my exec dashboard. Which, is nice, but, yanno, we have actual awards with money that they could give out for this type of thing.

#millenialentitlement

Edit: and now the CEO just stopped by my desk to thank me for it after I posted this.

• Like 2

So, I got thank you notes from 2 "C-level" execs yesterday thanking me for my work on my exec dashboard. Which, is nice, but, yanno, we have actual awards with money that they could give out for this type of thing.

#millenialentitlement

Edit: and now the CEO just stopped by my desk to thank me for it after I posted this.

Funny coincidence. Our CEO asked me to work on a dashboard thing for our revenue, to be generated monthly and used in the bigwig management meetings. I emailed our controller to try to set up a meeting to discuss the concept, but she's territorial as **** and has a huge chip on her shoulder. She legit ignored it. If I approach her a second time, she'll go ballistic on me. So I now have to find a way to tell the CEO that, if he wants it done (at least, by me), he needs to order her to work with me.

People are so awful at the game.

#millenialentitlement

How did this sit here all day without a "like"? If we don't support each other who will?

Nice work Napa, good to have your name circulating around the suits offices for a good reason.

I'm a little drunk. Went to the bar after tax class to watch the rest of the ISU game and had a few and came home and had a few more. I had a $50 bet with the data analytics manager that I lost. None too excited about having to pay him but a bets a bet. At least I get to go on a field trip tomorrow afternoon to the design firm that might be redoing our office as part of Project:#Millenials.

Yes, I would.

And you can add that another C-level exec stopped by my desk (4 out of 6 so far) to thank me and according to him my boss is also talking my shit up.

Whoa, awesome.

I'm a little drunk. Went to the bar after tax class to watch the rest of the ISU game and had a few and came home and had a few more. I had a $50 bet with the data analytics manager that I lost. None too excited about having to pay him but a bets a bet. At least I get to go on a field trip tomorrow afternoon to the design firm that might be redoing our office as part of Project:#Millenials.

HEAR THAT WANG!?

• Like 3

Our party isn't until Jan 21. A gd Saturday no less. But they're ditching entertainment this year in favor of getting better gifts to give out. Last year was an improv group that was terrible. Just awful stuff.

Few weeks ago I attended a friend of a friend's calendar launch party...yeah...but one of the girls in the group invited me to her Christmas party that's tonight. It was probably just out of politeness because they were talking about it in front of me but joke's on her because I'm lonely and without shame. This girl is married, btw. I foolishly think they want me and calendar girl to get together though. She's cute. But as of now I don't have any details about the party even though my friend asked me if I was going yesterday. I just assumed he'd let me know when and where by now. I'm gonna grab a bottle of wine for the hosts and some beer for me. Maybe bring my bottle of moonshine for everyone.

I know I'm probably in the majority but I kinda miss Wang. I enjoyed his stories no matter how much BS they contained.

My parents almost never went to parties and the like when I was growing up (other than family things) much less me so I was never taught the etiquette involved. I was in my late 20's early 30's before I realized it was bad form to show up without a bottle of wine or something. Still feel bad about all those times (There weren't that many) I showed up empty handed.

#SaturdayConfessional

Buddy, you have no idea how nice it is to see someone in my Internet circle buy an actual pair of nice boots

Screw you. Mine are decent enough. Not like that one guy tho, amirite?