I Called In Sick Today

Broke down and bought a new tv yesterday. 55" 4K Sony. Last years model so it was on clearance. I can hook up a controller to it and play a bunch of PS3 games on it, which is cool because therss a few PS specific games I wanted to play but I always liked Xbox better.

The guy helping me, who was Black, was basically yelling at me as he answered questions and showed me around. I assume it's part of their job to be extra loud to make it seem like exciting stuff is happening over in the tv department, but I didn't want to say anything because, yanno, Black.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

and after 3 days, he is risen!

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Boss just informed me that cold July 1 (new FY) were officially "consolidating" into one company instead of the current shell parent and a few fully owned subsidiaries. No idea if this will affect headcount at all but, uh, I probably have the worst necessary:salary ratio of our department. Maybe shouldn't have bought that TV last night.

It's all happening. Napa is slowly morphing into Essay. First the living on his own, now the big tv. Well on his way to shut in status.

I'm concerned.

I'll have you know I haven't been out to the bars in over a month.

Wait. Shit.

Edit: Forgot about going and watching the ISU game with my old roommate and his girlfriend and then getting dinner. So, like half a month.

Making me feel extra good about the $400 50 inch 4k Vizio I got. That was a god damn deal.

Napa, watch some of the Masters in 4k. Should be an Amen Corner app on there. It's only on Samsung or Sony tvs, and/or DirecTV service. JUST DO IT.

You'll be fine nap. You've got that look of a critical employee. And I don't see anything wrong with a new tv. Man has to have something to watch. Might as well do it in style.

People who rush an elevator when the door opens without waiting to let the people already in the elevator off are sewer trash. Most people realize they made a mistake and step to the side, but this morning this fvck just blew past me bumping into me as I got off the elevator coming from the parking garage. Excuse you, I said to him. He didn't respond. Fvckin people man.

the optimal play here is to hit the button for every floor as you are exiting.

• Like 1

Nap you inside a lady yet?

Nope. Home watching Justified with the pup. Bar was empty. Ran into an old high school classmate and we basically just talked about all the people in our class who have come out as gay since we graduated. There's 4 of 67 that we know of.

• Like 1

Wheels up to Seattle for a fun filled two weeks of exploring Washington, Oregon and perhaps A little of Canada.....with the boss.

Had a new couch scheduled for delivery between 8:30 and 12:30. They called at 7:15 wanting to come then. Told them they'd have to give us a half hour because we hadn't moved out the old couch or get the area ready yet. Plus, coffee. Hectic morning.

• Like 1

New sexual fantasy: my partner gets ripped off for a bunch of spiritually dubious fitness classes, and I have to pay thousands of dollars for them. It doesn't really sound sexual when I describe it, but I can't stop ejaculating.

• Like 3

Wheels up to Seattle for a fun filled two weeks of exploring Washington, Oregon and perhaps A little of Canada.....with the boss.

I assume you've been, but I can't recommend Vancouver Island highly enough. Best hiking and most brazen public drug use I've ever experienced.

• Like 1

Rearranged my apartment today. I think it's a much better use of space. Even got room for a small dining table now. Now I've gotta hang the tv on the wall and decide if I want to fully hide wires and run them behind the drywall or just get some of that wire hider pipe thing that's supposed to just blend in with the wall.

we talking leather? a sectional? does this beast recline? hopefully you christened the new couch with some farewell for two weeks sexy time with the wife.

Naw, this is a microfiber, slightly overstuffed sofa meant for lounging. A year and a half ago we bought a couch that reclined at each end but the problem with it is you can't lay on the couch because each cushion is contoured. Haven't decided if we're going to keep it or not.

I assume you've been, but I can't recommend Vancouver Island highly enough. Best hiking and most brazen public drug use I've ever experienced.

For some reason I can't adequately explain I've never been to Canada. Heard lots of great things, including about Vancouver island though. No idea what the agenda will be, the boss just said to bring my passport as we may go up there too.

• Like 1

For some reason I can't adequately explain I've never been to Canada. Heard lots of great things, including about Vancouver island though. No idea what the agenda will be, the boss just said to bring my passport as we may go up there too.

he is clearly taking you to a Victoria brothel.

• Like 1

I'm killing time in a bar before doors open for a comedy show. The bartender has a preferred kombucha, and stone cold panicked when a server brought an order for something called "Tom Collins."

Sklansky, don't fall into the Soul Cycle myth.

Cycle House is where the Kardashian took James Hardin, Madonna tunes up, and Nicole Kidman too.

• Like 1

Brvhrt--and maybe BigD?--I was talking to a guy at a work function who is a Rhodes scholar and much more successful than I'll ever be.

We had both seen the same museum exhibit and I gave the right references with Buckminster Fuller and the early Raushenberg. It's all for the next gig, right?

• Like 2