I Called In Sick Today

20 vacation days, 10 sick days. But no one takes them all. It can't be done. Management would be looking to move you out if you did that. We have way to many clients for that.

• Replies 268k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ron_Mexico

• speedz99

• Napa Lite

• ShakeZuma

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

and after 3 days, he is risen!

If you are paying $20 for a haircut, I imagine people assume you did it yourself anyway.

Pocket change cost me my first and only black girlfriend.   It was in the middle of a roaring poker boom and I was flush in ways most men don't even bother dreaming of. Money, it was like dirt to me

Posted Images

Most everyone in my department uses most-all their vacation. Not me though.

I took 21 days last year.

5 of those are mandated via internal controls. Approx 11 days for my near death experience

And of the 5 remaining maybe 1 or 2 were actual days off and not just "days I had to take off because I had other obligations".

Currently have 18.5 vacation and 4 sick days banked.

So far this year I've had off 22 paid days off. Jan 1 - 13th, and then March 17- 18th. Then March 24th - April 3rd.

I also have off 3 weeks in the summer, a week for Thanksgiving, and Dec 17 - Dec 31st off in the future.

I also have 8 sick days left.

This topic is foreign to me. I just take off whenever I feel like.

Actually though, I have been playing almost every single night while Bovada has this tourney series. Basically have played every day since last Friday aside from taking off Wednesday. Going to be doing that the rest of the month basically.

I remember when I used to grind back when I lived in Atlanta though. There was one year where between poker and a few other jobs, I took only 5 days off.

• Like 1

New coffee system getting put in today at work. Exciting stuff. They have a little blurb on the infonet about how it'll be a few hours while they swap out equipment but they'll have coffee available in the time. And at the end there's a quote from our facilities guy:

"I'm hoping everyone enjoys the new coffee," said Ron. (REAL NAME).

Cracked me right the Fvck up reading that. He's a super nice reserved guy and it's just such a quintessential "Ron" quote. He's one of the few people I actually like here.

• Like 1

Oh, I came here to post this:

A few years ago at the tail end of a day spent drinking heavily one of my coworkers told me he had just inherited a couple of million dollars from his grandmother, who owned a bank. I have no idea how true this is. He certainly hasn't changed his lifestyle. Him and his wife just bought a new decent house, but not out of line for what they probably make, and he's been driving the same car forever. I don't know if he even remembers telling me. But it'd be nice to have that kind of security if true.

whenever a client dies, one of the beneficiaries always seems to be a total dumbass that instantly liquidates. very rare that they just don't touch the money.

I have just been taking the RMDs on my stuff, and the cash went straight into a Roth IRA and my down payment. the bourbon was a setback however.

I spend a surprising amour of time telling people that if they spend more than they make they'll eventually run out of money. You'd think that was obvious, but apparently it is not.

I spend a surprising amour of time telling people that if they spend more than they make they'll eventually run out of money. You'd think that was obvious, but apparently it is not.

Yeah but I'm making it back in volume.

I'm considering stopping at Target on the way home. I'm out of cereal, and I could go for a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios right about now. I also need Chex mix. And some bread.

nothing? not even if the guy in the cave next to you is playing bongo drums all day?

i'm annoyed at work by so many things that i just need to stop caring at all and just do my job and go home.

• Like 1

You're right, the lady in the next row over who has a weasel laugh makes me way angrier. And know that a coworker is back from maternity leave shes often at the desk that is on the other side of my wall so it's even worse.

People who rush an elevator when the door opens without waiting to let the people already in the elevator off are sewer trash. Most people realize they made a mistake and step to the side, but this morning this fvck just blew past me bumping into me as I got off the elevator coming from the parking garage. Excuse you, I said to him. He didn't respond. Fvckin people man.